Ben Gordon you are one funny guy

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Gordon said the Pistons can put him and Richard Hamilton -- both shooting guards -- on the court together.

"I have no problem handling the basketball and creating plays for my teammates," Gordon said. "I think that's a part of my game people haven't seen yet."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
While he's obviously not a point guard, I think you could run Ben and Rip together for a bit. Ben and Thabo worked out alright in the limited time they actually played together.

I still think the Pistons will trade Rip for a big though.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
People forget Ben Gordon played some point this past season. After Hinrich went down, he served as the backup PG, while Hughes and Sefolosha played the 2. It happened on the November circus trip.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
charity stripe wrote:
People forget Ben Gordon played some point this past season. After Hinrich went down, he served as the backup PG, while Hughes and Sefolosha played the 2. It happened on the November circus trip.

forget, repressed same thing.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
charity stripe wrote:

forget, repressed same thing.

He only turned the ball over 2.3 per game in Nov when playing some point.

He's never played there extensively, so I don't know how you can pass judgement.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
he isn't that great at handling the ball.
his passing isnt amazing.
i've never really thought of him as having pg vision.
In all truth, if ben played the point, i dont think he would be utilized adequately. he should stay a sg in order to play to his strenghts, shooting/drawing fouls. It's really weird to suggest that being a shooter is a 6'2 players' strenght.

senrad

Liked Posts:
He could play the 1 next to a Point forward or a ball dominant SG like Joe Johnson or wade.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
he'd be amazing in that situation. put gordon next to kobe and wade, and waite for the W's.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
he'd be amazing in that situation. put gordon next to kobe and wade, and waite for the W's.

Pat Riley has to be the one who is the most angry about the whole economic crisis. His plan seemed to be sign Gordon, and then sign a 2010 free agent, and have a Gordon/Wade/Beasley/2010 free agent core. But then the economic crisis happened, taking away all of Miami's projected cap space.

Good thing we didn't agree to that sign and trade last year with Miami. Gordon/Wade would have been one deadly backcourt, that I don't think we'd have any chance of stopping.

cool007

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

Pat Riley has to be the one who is the most angry about the whole economic crisis. His plan seemed to be sign Gordon, and then sign a 2010 free agent, and have a Gordon/Wade/Beasley/2010 free agent core. But then the economic crisis happened, taking away all of Miami's projected cap space.

Good thing we didn't agree to that sign and trade last year with Miami. Gordon/Wade would have been one deadly backcourt, that I don't think we'd have any chance of stopping.

Agree completely. If we didn't have Rose, I was really hoping that we sign wade in 2010 and have BG/Wade backcourt, that would have been soooooooooooooo deadly. I am glad BG is not in Miami or they would look so good right now that Wade would not leave Miam at all.

Also, BG can definitely play PG part time and his dribbling off the foot last year was at the bare minimum that has ever been. His court vision is underrated (he has had so many good alley oops to Tyrus/Noah/Rose) that people forget. He is good for about 20mpg at PG playing part time.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
damn, it hurt to see BG in that pistons uniform...