Ben Roethlisberger

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
isnt brees retiring? Rivers did and Big Ben should IMO. But I get your sentiment. I’d be open to Matt Ryan if the trade makes sense as far as the return to atl.
Yeah he is. It wasn't really about this upcoming season but something that's often said. Last season it was said about all the QBs mentioned, except Big Ben. Again, in fairness i would have bet money on Rivers being completely toast around week 6 but he lasted much longer.

Just gets tiresome hearing how no options are good enough when most of them at the time are a better option. I think watching Mitch the past two seasons pretty much proves that.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He will retire a Steeler, and he is not worth the money it would take to lure him away. We are no where near a Big Ben difference from competing next season.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Kind of shocked when looking at his stats from last year that they were as good as they were. Everytime I saw him, he was throwing interceptions and looking pretty awful.

That being said, no, I'm a hard pass. I think his arm is shot, and the Bears need to be thinking about somebody long term. Their championship window is closed right now.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just trotting some names out there. What sayeth you?

At least give me hope. Not names that Bears will actually try and be the starting QB next year. I can see Costello actually starting on the Bears team next year and play like shit. The Bears will be the former Browns and/or Bengals of the NFL.

Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks
At least give me hope. Not names that Bears will actually try and be the starting QB next year. I can see Costello actually starting on the Bears team next year and play like shit. The Bears will be the former Browns and/or Bengals of the NFL.
I don't know if any rookie is worth starting. So do you franchise Robinson and trade him for a qb? Oakland? You can prolly get a kid qb in round 3 or later, why not. Carr wouldn't be that bad. Hell, what about Mariota?

Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks
I don't know if any rookie is worth starting. So do you franchise Robinson and trade him for a qb? Oakland? You can prolly get a kid qb in round 3 or later, why not. Carr wouldn't be that bad. Hell, what about Mariota?
Sorry, belay my last about Oakland.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine the yards on the ground big Ben would accumulate in Nagy's RPO offense.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
As a Steelers fan, I can tell you it's not Ben's arm, it's the rest of him that's worrying.

I've never seen him look more beaten down than the playoff loss.

He looked really done.
It's been quite a few seasons where he looks done in the back 1/3 of games.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, some of those guys are actually done now lol

but all that aside, Big Ben is done. He won’t produce any better than what we have currently at this point IMO

Well...I once saw what happens when a QB holds a ball for 7 seconds over and over behind a Bears offensive line. The statue...my man Quinn..aka..hands of steel because he never fumbled.

I would put the over/under on how many games Rothlesberger would play for the Bears if signed...at

1.5 but only because he's really fucking tough and will play injured and shit, but he does fumble and it won't be pretty at his age and current escapability.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So why not get a kid?

Brady White Biography | ESPN
Get them ALL until you get ONE!! Then trade the leftovers and if your lucky you could get good things back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we are going after sexual assaulters for QB then probably makes more sense to try the younger Winston.
Get them ALL!! (but not Big Ben)