Bengals Scouting Personnel and Front Office

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
There's no GM, there's no director of college scouting etc. Their scouting department is miniscule and their Football Operations people consist of people related to the owner. At one time they were the mockery of the NFL now they have a strong and talented roster that seems to get better every year.

PLAYER PERSONNEL

Duke Tobin Director of Player Personnel

Scouts
Robert Livingston
Steven Radicevic
Greg Seamon
Bill Tobin Scouts

John Cooper Scouting Consultants
Debbie LaRocco Personnel Assistant

http://www.bengals.com/team/staff-directory.html

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I've always felt consistency of method and scheme designs does better suit a team, at least when they're able to be stable. But there isn't any doubt it's been deliberate cheapness from Mike Brown. Hes admitted its the case in some interviews over time.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Anxiously awaiting the other half of this thought...

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I've always felt consistency of method and scheme designs does better suit a team, at least when they're able to be stable. But there isn't any doubt it's been deliberate cheapness from Mike Brown. Hes admitted its the case in some interviews over time.

Yup, they run the franchise like a mom n pop shop with a keep it simple, stupid, motto.

They've always been able to assemble a good collection of talent and draft pretty well.

Willing to take the guys with Character red flags and make them personal projects.

Definitely a unique franchise.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Anxiously awaiting the other half of this thought...

The other side of that thought would be to install you and Windy City and RunRuffShod and myself as the front office personnel of the Bears, given recent success we stand to be as successful as Angelo and Emery have over the last decade.

No but seriously they have a minimum scouting department and now have a team that's been to the playoffs in four straight seasons. The Andy Dalton problem won't go away but the rest of that roster has been consistently stacked with players and they're scrappy and win a lot of games in a tough division of football.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The other side of that thought would be to install you and Windy City and RunRuffShod and myself as the front office personnel of the Bears, given recent success we stand to be as successful as Angelo and Emery have over the last decade.

No but seriously they have a minimum scouting department and now have a team that's been to the playoffs in four straight seasons. The Andy Dalton problem won't go away but the rest of that roster has been consistently stacked with players and they're scrappy and win a lot of games in a tough division of football.

They also keep stability at the HC. Marvin is the longest tenured coach next to Belichick i think.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
how many bengals threads are you going to start tonight? I would say don't take sports so seriously, or if you do, don't scream on the street corner about them so much, but we all know how that would go.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
it's kind of funny, but I am going to eventually come out of the closet as a closet bengals fan. (if you come out of the closet twice in one sentence it means you are straight)

Anyways, I've followed the bengals and their drama for like 12 years now. They have finally in the last couple of years put some shit together. Fun team to cheer for too finally after the bears have just now blown their playoff chances.

PS, Margus Hunt is my Bengals bizarro shea/conte. :troll:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
heshartme, marvin lewis shed that equal record he shared with loafie smith of only making the playoffs once in 6 years, once they drafted that game manager QB.

:) :( :hitler: :shrug:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Me thinks they would have been in great shape as a perennial playoff team had Palmer not shredded his Knee.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
heshartme, marvin lewis shed that equal record he shared with loafie smith of only making the playoffs once in 6 years, once they drafted that game manager QB.

:) :( :hitler: :shrug:

Tis true, while in contrast to Lovie. Despite 5 playoff appearances in his tenure, going on 6; Marvin Lewis has yet to win a playoff game.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Tis true, while in contrast to Lovie. Despite 5 playoff appearances in his tenure, going on 6; Marvin Lewis has yet to win a playoff game.

my stats are agnostic. I have no opinion on the bengals, but many here who wanted to hire someone like trestman (and now anyone but trestman) used that as a stat to damn lovie.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I magine what Lovie could have done with an Oline like Cincy and with the Red Rifle.