Bernstein has been paired with Jason Goff

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I caught a few rare minutes yesterday and they were defending themselves for talking about the shootings in Chicago. It sounded like they were getting texts from listeners telling them to stick to sports, not sure though because I didn't hear the whole conversation.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I caught a few rare minutes yesterday and they were defending themselves for talking about the shootings in Chicago. It sounded like they were getting texts from listeners telling them to stick to sports, not sure though because I didn't hear the whole conversation.

Well they mentioned that horrible tragedy with the 2 year old with the gangbanger dad. Then they said that if anyone brings politics into it, there is something wrong with them. Then they IMMEDIATELY start talking about how gangbangers don't get to choose where they live and how that is "the only life they know" and how we need to setup all these governmental programs, yadda dadda... Well guess what? You just made it political.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that wasn't obvious before, surely now it is.

Very obvious. The lack of Boers really shows you how his goofy, silly personality, could kind of steer the show back to sports, or the absurd or back to the subject at hand. Even when he was rambling it seemed to serve a purpose. It helped to break up a serious or non-related topic that Dan was on a tangent about and it seemed that after that ramble the show would be back on task(sports). Terry was a great "glue guy" that held the show together.

A few years ago Grantland did a great piece during their 40 year SNL anniversary coverage on Phil Hartman and why he was so important to the show. He wasn't always over the top but he was a guy the show needed to fill any void, steer the show, etc.

Boers is reminding me a bit of that.

For reference, the Hartman article: http://grantland.com/features/the-g...n-saturday-night-live-newsradio-the-simpsons/

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well they mentioned that horrible tragedy with the 2 year old with the gangbanger dad. Then they said that if anyone brings politics into it, there is something wrong with them. Then they IMMEDIATELY start talking about how gangbangers don't get to choose where they live and how that is "the only life they know" and how we need to setup all these governmental programs, yadda dadda... Well guess what? You just made it political.
When they make a lefty like me take your side over theirs, you know it's bad lol.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very obvious. The lack of Boers really shows you how his goofy, silly personality, could kind of steer the show back to sports, or the absurd or back to the subject at hand. Even when he was rambling it seemed to serve a purpose. It helped to break up a serious or non-related topic that Dan was on a tangent about and it seemed that after that ramble the show would be back on task(sports). Terry was a great "glue guy" that held the show together.

A few years ago Grantland did a great piece during their 40 year SNL anniversary coverage on Phil Hartman and why he was so important to the show. He wasn't always over the top but he was a guy the show needed to fill any void, steer the show, etc.

Boers is reminding me a bit of that.

For reference, the Hartman article: http://grantland.com/features/the-g...n-saturday-night-live-newsradio-the-simpsons/

By Cracky...

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Two things I know for sure: Bernstein gets good ratings. Some of you maniacs are obsessed with the man.

We all have radios, phones, and tablets, why would anyone listen to something they know is going to freak them out? Every few months there is a thread about how much everyone hates Bernstein, good job on going back 2 weeks and re-starting this one. I look forward to the spring and summer versions of the 'I hate Bernstein' thread.

I understand the repetitive Cutler rage, he was forced on Bears fans, we know who to blame for that, but you Bernstein haters have no one to blame but your own OCD selves. Change the station, or calm down and listen to this:

[video=youtube;8Qx2lMaMsl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qx2lMaMsl8[/video]

optimus prime

Liked Posts:

that's not political that's basic decent fucking humanity.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that's not political that's basic decent fucking humanity.

I doubt anyone would argue your point, I wouldn't. These 2 guys have a sports talk show and constantly get on the political/ moral soapbox. People tune in to that show for sports.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I doubt anyone would argue your point, I wouldn't. These 2 guys have a sports talk show and constantly get on the political/ moral soapbox. People tune in to that show for sports.

Based on CCS reaction sports fans hate the show, but somebody is listening, as long as they get ratings why change anything. It sounds like the people that claim to hate them listen even though the show fills them with rage.

CCS posters unite, stop listening to WSCR in the afternoons, they will be forced to change the show or cancel it. Vote with your station changing button finger! I mean you hate the show so much it shouldn't be a big sacrifice.

I wonder what % of Bernsteins audience tunes in just to seethe.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Bernstein and Boers had good ratings because the Chicago sports fan like to be talked down to. There is a mob mentality with most Chicago fans that has evolved into most of them want to be told what to think The Score radio schmucks are the biggest predators of this vulnerability in Chicago sport fans. Its a totally dysfunctinal relationship between the fans and the media. I moved from Chitown to Cape Cod going on 6 years and one of the best parts was getting away from Chicago sports radio. In Boston its obvious the media respects most fans whereas in Chicago the media expects fans to be meatballs unless proven otherwise. The Boston fans are much different from Chicago fans in there is an expectation here for them to think for themselves vs the Chicago fans many perhaps most of whom like to hide behind the group think much like posters like to do on this board. In the Boston area for the most part fans ideas are based on the merit of their ideas. In Chicago the value of a position is most often based on who said it and how many agree with it.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But they really didn't talk about Kerr's comments, they just talked about Kerr's personal round-about connection to the immigration issue. Even if you were unfamiliar with what happened to Kerr's father, after 10 minutes of Bernstein repeating it you probably figured you knew enough about it at that point.

Bernstein's comments on the 'broader issue at stake' was similar to his Penn State comments...grabbing the low-hanging fruit while not really adding anything new to the discussion. Did you really expect Bernstein to say he was in agreement with Trump and thinks tightening immigration standards and enacting travel bans are good? Even if he felt that way, he would never say that on the air. Much easier to complain about Penn State.

Sorry, but stale, uninformative political talk on an afternoon sports radio show just doesn't do it for me.

Having his father murdered by Islamic terrorists isn't that roundabout a connection.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on CCS reaction sports fans hate the show, but somebody is listening, as long as they get ratings why change anything. It sounds like the people that claim to hate them listen even though the show fills them with rage.

CCS posters unite, stop listening to WSCR in the afternoons, they will be forced to change the show or cancel it. Vote with your station changing button finger! I mean you hate the show so much it shouldn't be a big sacrifice.

I wonder what % of Bernsteins audience tunes in just to seethe.

Sorry to disappoint you my internet friend but I only flip to that channel during commercials on other channels while driving in the afternoon. They have some good guests that are very much worth the listen for me. But unfortunately I tune the channel in for those moments and it turns out to be bad timing on my part. But as far as tuning in to seethe, nah.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh, OK. And they didn't talk about Kerr's actual comments, they just talked about Kerr's personal round-about connection to the immigration issue. Incredibly, this is verbatim what I said in my original post!

I am disagreeing with your contentions that "Kerr's personal round-about connection" is round-about. In a debate centered on the dangers of Islamic terrorism, having your father fall victim to such an attack is a direct connection in my mind. Kerr has good reason to have strong feelings on the issue.