Bernstein: "There should be more developments over the weekend ..."

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holding onto a loser because you don't have a better option is a loser plan. The Bears are already in need of a QB. Dalton is no worse than Jay.

Dalton is pretty fucking bad. He is a Kyle Orton with red hair and bit more mobile.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But i thought phil was fahred?

Apparently not yet.

He should have fired Kromer.

He should fire Trestman for playing these games with the QB and risking Cutler and showing him up.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently not yet.

He should have fired Kromer

He should fire Trestman for playing these games with the QB and risking Cutler and showing him up.

I disagree with you there. I wouldn't fire one of my guys for that. I also wouldn't have exposed him to the team and media. A provate fine and a talking to would have sufficed in my opinion. What is firable about telling the truth? People are too sensitive.

Neolithic

Liked Posts:
I don't think he should have fired kromer. kromer's competent

"I know you're great, you know you're great, but if the guy in the car doesn't trust you..." ( points for knowing the ref. )

All the competence in the world means jack and shit if the team doesn't trust you.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I disagree with you there. I wouldn't fire one of my guys for that. I also wouldn't have exposed him to the team and media. A provate fine and a talking to would have sufficed in my opinion. What is firable about telling the truth? People are too sensitive.

What he said was very true.

It is fireable to go tank a player to the media and get caught. You cannot take your issues outside the organization and embarrass them in the news cycle for a couple of weeks.

That only further shatters the trust that is lacking between coaches and players. It further loses the locker room.

It is in their contracts that they can be terminated for unauthorized contact with the media.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:

It is fireable to go tank a player to the media and get caught. You cannot take your issues outside the organization and embarrass them in the news cycle for a couple of weeks.

That only further shatters the trust that is lacking between coaches and players. It further loses the locker room.

It is in their contracts that they can be terminated for unauthorized contact with the media.

Absolutely. It is also fireable for the GM to hide behind the coach's skirts when dealing with that issue.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm not arguing against his right to do so, I just think it would be bad precedent to fire a guy for angrily shooting his mouth off in a dying season. It would seem to be better leadership and man growing to use it as a teachable moment.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well, agree to disagree. I wouldn't have fired kromer. sue me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@TyYoungfelt: Apparently during meetings today at Halas, Emery was asked how he plans to fix team, list of HC targets...

@TyYoungfelt: Don't believe that means they intend to retain Emery- my perception of meeting was last chance to impress brass before decision...

@TyYoungfelt: @ColinWaters No idea. Info was given from someone working at Halas but not at all in decision room...

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
@TyYoungfelt: Apparently during meetings today at Halas, Emery was asked how he plans to fix team, list of HC targets...

@TyYoungfelt: Don't believe that means they intend to retain Emery- my perception of meeting was last chance to impress brass before decision...

@TyYoungfelt: @ColinWaters No idea. Info was given from someone working at Halas but not at all in decision room...

A mock head coach search? Really? Jesus pull the trigger already.

malcore

Solid source. What is this based on?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why should Cutler be benched now, are people afraid he might win the game? I thought he wasn't an NFL caliber QB...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A mock head coach search? Really? Jesus pull the trigger already.

I think they are close.

But I don't have an issue with them giving him a chance to lay out a plan.

Now look at all the mistakes, thank him for his ideas, and fire him.