Best camp battles ranked

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These battles are strong because someone we consider safe is being tested.

#1Linebacker
I lumped them together because 9 is too many? 10 is for sure too many.
Prime spot on this roster for a redshirt rookie.
Keep 4-5
Kwiatkowski
Irving
Fitts
Iggy
Acho
Timu
Anderson

Right around Acho/Timu this gets tight. I wouldn’t say kwiat is in trouble but I think you have to put him down here and he has to win it. He isn’t a starter, and two picks into position. Everyone else needs to show something too, or improvement. There isn’t even room to vet the UDFAs without a freak showing.

#4 WR Keep 1-2
I see Robinson, White, Gabriel as safe. Miller the potential redshirt (health issues late in process)

Wims
WR Brown
Fowler
Bellamy
Gentry

#2 TE/Hb

Safe: Howard, Cohen, Burton

Keep 4?
Shaheen
Simms
Nall
Cunningham
Mizzell
TE Brown
TE Braunecker

#4 CB keep 2
McManis
Tolliver
Copper
UDFAs strong

#5undressed lineman

Kush
Morgan
Watford
Grasu
Sowell
Coward

Need to pick 2 guys to dress and 2 or 3 to go home.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kush vs. Daniels vs. Morgan - at least for the start of camp.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller was a full go on his pro day.....unless he gets a new injury, he is healthy.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Based on his weird need for Kevin White to be a thing.

Anthony Miller is not getting red shirted, more than likely he is playing the slot and will be a starter on offense.

That’s what I was thinking on a side note Kevin white has red shirted his career

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s what I was thinking on a side note Kevin white has red shirted his career

The real problem with White is that people still argue that he is the same athlete that was the 7th overall pick in the draft when it is clear that he is really is not.

Oh, and on top of it he still cannot run routes and still has mediocre hands.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
DezBears vs Windy City in the Nerd, Basement Dwelling, Mock Draft division

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The real problem with White is that people still argue that he is the same athlete that was the 7th overall pick in the draft when it is clear that he is really is not.

I have to play devil's advocate.

How can you know this? In real game situations we've seen him play so little, you cannot evaluate him.

I would agree it is doubtful he is anywhere near the athlete he was 3 years ago when we drafted him, but his hands and route running.... maybe you saw enough routes run in camp/pre-season.

But his hands... his ability to really play WR in the NFL... I would argue we still don't have a clue.

If you want to guess he sucks, I won't begrudge you.... but his lack of playing leaves us with very little regular season tape to go off.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I have to play devil's advocate.

How can you know this? In real game situations we've seen him play so little, you cannot evaluate him.

I would agree it is doubtful he is anywhere near the athlete he was 3 years ago when we drafted him, but his hands and route running.... maybe you saw enough routes run in camp/pre-season.

But his hands... his ability to really play WR in the NFL... I would argue we still don't have a clue.

If you want to guess he sucks, I won't begrudge you.... but his lack of playing leaves us with very little regular season tape to go off.

If he was that in college and he has not been healthy enough to improve/develop, then the conclusion is based upon what he has done in college, not what he hasn't done in the pros.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

And you know this how?

You aren't running drills with him, you aren't at practice, what are you basing his clear loss of athleticism on? Are you basing your opinion on the grand total of 4 targets and 2 receptions in the last 2 year? Really? Cam Meredith or Allen Robinson have a greater chance of significant loss of athleticism from their singular soft tissue knee injury than White from 3 separate broken bones. When was the last time you heard a guy say, many I used to could really fly until I had that scapula injury?

He may suck and he maybe always would have sucked, but your ongoing narrative of him being a lesser athlete because of 3 non speed depriving injuries is just uneducated speculation(and a little not understood, by me, dislike for KW).

Kevin White Injury History
Date League Injury Details
Sep 10, 2017 NFL Shoulder Scapula Fracture ----White fractured his scapula in Week 1 and missed the rest of the season.
Oct 2, 2016 NFL Leg Fibula Fracture---------------White suffered a "spiral fracture of the fibula" and a "severe" high-ankle sprain.
Jun 17, 2015 NFL Leg Tibia Fracture----------------White missed his entire rookie season with a stress fracture in his shin suffered during OTAs.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His QB was a selfish cancer too.

Can we just look at how he YACs in this new offense because that is where we are now.

If we had this offense 3 years ago I wouldn’t have been so hard on him. Create some space, dump him the ball, and let’s roll. We gotta just bang body punches all year...next guy up...

Howard Burton Cohen Robinson Howard Nall Howard Cohen Robinson Gabriel Howard Nall Burton shHeen White Cohen Howard Miller Miller White Robinson Howard Burton Gabriel Shaheen...

We have such a bestial group of weapons it’s going to be a chore to deal with 75 plays.

We need all those guys and a few more will get shots due to injury.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
And you know this how?

You aren't running drills with him, you aren't at practice, what are you basing his clear loss of athleticism on? Are you basing your opinion on the grand total of 4 targets and 2 receptions in the last 2 year? Really? Cam Meredith or Allen Robinson have a greater chance of significant loss of athleticism from their singular soft tissue knee injury than White from 3 separate broken bones. When was the last time you heard a guy say, many I used to could really fly until I had that scapula injury?

He may suck and he maybe always would have sucked, but your ongoing narrative of him being a lesser athlete because of 3 non speed depriving injuries uneducated speculation(and a little not understood, by me, dislike for KW).

Kevin White Injury History
Date League Injury Details
Sep 10, 2017 NFL Shoulder Scapula Fracture ----White fractured his scapula in Week 1 and missed the rest of the season.
Oct 2, 2016 NFL Leg Fibula Fracture---------------White suffered a "spiral fracture of the fibula" and a "severe" high-ankle sprain.
Jun 17, 2015 NFL Leg Tibia Fracture----------------White missed his entire rookie season with a stress fracture in his shin suffered during OTAs.

Well people and reporters have seen plenty of him in training camp where it's open to anyone to see. Which happens to be about the only time of year we get to see anything at all from him. Kevin White didn't do anything in camp last year that made him stand out. His athleticism doesn't show up on the field and get anyone's attention. This was widely reported last year. Him not looking like a great athlete isn't just some fan made narrative.

Also to comment on the OP. I'd put Shaheen as safe based on draft status and potential and Simms due to his contract. Under your scenario that leaves only 2 more spots for that group for 5 remaining players.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well people and reporters have seen plenty of him in training camp where it's open to anyone to see. Which happens to be about the only time of year we get to see anything at all from him. Kevin White didn't do anything in camp last year that made him stand out. His athleticism doesn't show up on the field and get anyone's attention. This was widely reported last year. Him not looking like a great athlete isn't just some fan made narrative.
Widely? Where?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kevin White didn't do anything in camp last year that made him stand out. His athleticism doesn't show up on the field and get anyone's attention. This was widely reported last year. Him not looking like a great athlete isn't just some fan made narrative.

He wasn't sharp or quick in preseason either. Heard Hub the other day make specific mention of this. It's clear that the one thing that made him a premium draft pick (his speed and athleticism) are no longer the same. He was never polished, so at this point he's basically the quality of a camp body who will probably make the team because of his draft position.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I miss the days of Olin Kreutz vs Fred the drive killer Miller in a real camp battle!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The kevin white speculation is all biased. He let some people down because he took a lot of injuries.

What's best for the bears organization and for the fans is if white actually makes a comeback and can be a contributing factor for the bears all season long.

Windy and a few others are taking whites injuries personally and want him to fail before he even sees camp this year. I hope white becomes a 50+ catch guy with 7 TDs and an average YPC of 7 or higher. Why would I wanna see him fail? What good does that do anyone?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
White was drafted for a previous HC/offense. Pace went out and got all new WRs for his new HC. So in order to even make the roster, let alone contribute, White has to outlay those other WRs. If he can't, then he will have to be able to contribute at least as much on STs as the backups...who are very good ST players, btw.

Pace doesn't have any allegiance to White. He needs to earn his spot. Really, his only chance is to show promise in camp and hope Wims doesn't, so he can be stashed on the PS....