Best camp battles ranked

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The kevin white speculation is all biased. He let some people down because he took a lot of injuries.

What's best for the bears organization and for the fans is if white actually makes a comeback and can be a contributing factor for the bears all season long.

Windy and a few others are taking whites injuries personally and want him to fail before he even sees camp this year. I hope white becomes a 50+ catch guy with 7 TDs and an average YPC of 7 or higher. Why would I wanna see him fail? What good does that do anyone?

That is 150% bullshit. No one wants him to fail. He has failed on his own that is why we spent over 20 Mil a year in salary cap to fix the problem. On more then one occasion posters have said he would be their comeback player of the year if he gets over his injuries and contributes

Some people need a reality check on here

Liked Posts:
The kevin white speculation is all biased. He let some people down because he took a lot of injuries.

What's best for the bears organization and for the fans is if white actually makes a comeback and can be a contributing factor for the bears all season long.

Windy and a few others are taking whites injuries personally and want him to fail before he even sees camp this year. I hope white becomes a 50+ catch guy with 7 TDs and an average YPC of 7 or higher. Why would I wanna see him fail? What good does that do anyone?

You capitalize your user name but not Kevin White's name...how strange.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Based on his weird need for Kevin White to be a thing.

Anthony Miller is not getting red shirted, more than likely he is playing the slot and will be a starter on offense.

Exactly. To add to that, Pace would not have used his 2019 2nd round pick just to redshirt him. That’s be dumb.

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
My "called it" for camp battles.

Anthony Miller wins the "Zebra" role over Gabriel. Miller is the better receiver by far and a better fit to fill that Tyreek Hill role. Gabriel is insanely fast and quick but he is just way to small (5'8 165 lbs vs 5'10 for Hill and 5'11 for Miller) and not a great receiver. You guys know he's never had more than 36 catches or 620 yards, right? 8 TD's in a 4 year career. He's hardly a great WR. I predict he will be the "free agent bust" that Pace has every year.

Allen Robinson is obviously the #1 and I predict Kevin White will beat out Taylor Gabriel in camp to start opposite of Robinson. Again, I predict Gabriel to be this seasons "free agent bust".

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At that price he already busted. I just hope they get everyone involved and keep people guessing. I am confident there is a role for everybody.

Best case scenario Miller, White, Gabriel can combine for 1500 yards. That would be awesome and indicate Trubisky is in that 4000 range.

The more spread out the better because it means everyone is a threat and everyone succeeding and we never have to see Wims or the Fowler/Brown/Bellamy victor.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Allen Robinson is obviously the #1 and I predict Kevin White will beat out Taylor Gabriel in camp to start opposite of Robinson. Again, I predict Gabriel to be this seasons "free agent bust".

If White is healthy, I would be very interested to see Robinson and him starting outside with Miller in the slot.

Give Gabriel some playing time to take the top off defenses and maybe go once or twice deep to him. I'd give him a look at returning punts too.

Mitchapalooza

All eyes are gonna be on Miller for me. Can't wait to see how he does in minicamp

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My "called it" for camp battles.

Anthony Miller wins the "Zebra" role over Gabriel. Miller is the better receiver by far and a better fit to fill that Tyreek Hill role. Gabriel is insanely fast and quick but he is just way to small (5'8 165 lbs vs 5'10 for Hill and 5'11 for Miller) and not a great receiver. You guys know he's never had more than 36 catches or 620 yards, right? 8 TD's in a 4 year career. He's hardly a great WR. I predict he will be the "free agent bust" that Pace has every year.

They are not asking him to be great. They are asking him to run real fast and make teams back off the box.

Tyreek Hill is 5'8" 185lbs.

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=132274&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If White is healthy, I would be very interested to see Robinson and him starting outside with Miller in the slot.

Give Gabriel some playing time to take the top off defenses and maybe go once or twice deep to him. I'd give him a look at returning punts too.

A huge part of the offense is based on having someone that can rip the top off the defense at all times.

They run underneath routes off of the guy is goes deep.

Gabriel will play because he is the only guy on the team that can fill that role and open up the underneath. Robinson simply does not threaten with enough speed to force a safety way back in the box. He may draw a double, but it will be a CB off and a LB/NB taking away the underneath.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A huge part of the offense is based on having someone that can rip the top off the defense at all times.

They run underneath routes off of the guy is goes deep.

Gabriel will play because he is the only guy on the team that can fill that role and open up the underneath. Robinson simply does not threaten with enough speed to force a safety way back in the box. He may draw a double, but it will be a CB off and a LB/NB taking away the underneath.

You're still expecting this to be a photocopy of the KC offense. It won't be.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're still expecting this to be a photocopy of the KC offense. It won't be.

It will be very close. He has already made countless comparisons between players and roles.

He did not come here to re-invent the wheel.

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They're asking him to play the Tyreek Hill role, which is a playmakers role. Which Gabriel is not. Miller is.

Oh, Tyreek Hill is 5'10" 185lbs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillTy00.htm

Go look at his combine measurements, you know, the officially official ones.

Obviously Gabriel will not be as good as Hill, no one is expecting him to, but the primary role of the spot is to really fast, which Gabriel is.

The playmaker will be Robinson. Gabriel is going to get 50% of the targets that Hill gets there.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It will be very close. He has already made countless comparisons between players and roles.

I think comparing traits is like using analogies - not ideal or accurate but necessary at times to get the point across.

He did not come here to re-invent the wheel.

He's not coming to implement Andy Reid's offense either. Influences sure, but he'll have his own offense, and there will be plenty input from Helfrich too.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would like to see Kevin White on kick offs and as a gunner.

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Go look at his combine measurements, you know, the officially official ones.

Obviously Gabriel will not be as good as Hill, no one is expecting him to, but the primary role of the spot is to really fast, which Gabriel is.

The playmaker will be Robinson. Gabriel is going to get 50% of the targets that Hill gets there.

Gabriel isn't nearly as good as Hill, and I'm arguing he isn't better than Miller. Gabriel is just a guy. #3 or #4 option at best, overpaid and will be this years free agent bust ala Markus Wheaton. I'm willing to bet that even White beats Gabriel in training camp. Gabriel isn't anything special.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Gabriel isn't nearly as good as Hill, and I'm arguing he isn't better than Miller. Gabriel is just a guy. #3 or #4 option at best, overpaid and will be this years free agent bust ala Markus Wheaton. I'm willing to bet that even White beats Gabriel in training camp. Gabriel isn't anything special.

He may not be anything special, but he has one trait that we have lacked since Johnny Knox broke his back...pure speed. All he has to do is run deep as fast as he can every play. I don't care if he doesn't put up big numbers. His value will come by opening things up for our other play makers. I am really looking forward to Howard not having to run against a stacked box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tostada

Liked Posts:
The biggest camp battle will be between Kevin White and the training table....

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
These battles are strong because someone we consider safe is being tested.

#1Linebacker
I lumped them together because 9 is too many? 10 is for sure too many.
Prime spot on this roster for a redshirt rookie.
Keep 4-5
Kwiatkowski
Irving
Fitts
Iggy
Acho
Timu
Anderson

Right around Acho/Timu this gets tight. I wouldn’t say kwiat is in trouble but I think you have to put him down here and he has to win it. He isn’t a starter, and two picks into position. Everyone else needs to show something too, or improvement. There isn’t even room to vet the UDFAs without a freak showing.

#4 WR Keep 1-2
I see Robinson, White, Gabriel as safe. Miller the potential redshirt (health issues late in process)

Wims
WR Brown
Fowler
Bellamy
Gentry

#2 TE/Hb

Safe: Howard, Cohen, Burton

Keep 4?
Shaheen
Simms
Nall
Cunningham
Mizzell
TE Brown
TE Braunecker

#4 CB keep 2
McManis
Tolliver
Copper
UDFAs strong

#5undressed lineman

Kush
Morgan
Watford
Grasu
Sowell
Coward

Need to pick 2 guys to dress and 2 or 3 to go home.

Kwiat is a lock. He is either the 4th ILB on the depth chart or he shows us something in camp on the outside and is part of rotation

White is not a lock - He will get a real fair shot, but if does not show something in preseason and other names you have listed do, he could be cut.

Shaheen - is a lock. Your 2nd round pick from last year who did show flashes last year is making this team.

Cunningham is a lock. He is your 3rd hb who made some big plays catching passes out of the backfield last year.

Kush is a lock Had a real good year last year. Solid depth on the OL

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Kwiat is a lock. He is either the 4th ILB on the depth chart or he shows us something in camp on the outside and is part of rotation

White is not a lock - He will get a real fair shot, but if does not show something in preseason and other names you have listed do, he could be cut.

Shaheen - is a lock. Your 2nd round pick from last year who did show flashes last year is making this team.

Cunningham is a lock. He is your 3rd hb who made some big plays catching passes out of the backfield last year.

Kush is a lock Had a real good year last year. Solid depth on the OL

I am not sure Kush is a lock. He didn't play a down last year after a nasty hamstring injury. I like him as depth but he is going to have to win one of the backup jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk