Best case scenario!!!

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you seen past drafts with the #1 pick? Rarely do they trade down multiple times. And the Bears rarely trade down in the first round. Expect it not to happen.
Avatar bet? I think the ONLY reason they don't trade out of the #1 is if they take Anderson. They will get MULTIPLE offers for the #1 pick. The key here is whether they stay at #2 or #4 in order to try and get Anderson. I could see that happening. But if they trade to #4 and miss on Anderson, I definitely think they could trade down again.

1. I think they will DEFINITELY trade down more than once in this draft.
2. I think they COULD trade down more than once in the 1st round.

Tom Paris

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Sporting Kansas City
  1. Boston Celtics
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
I don't think Houston has much incentive to move up, at least not enough to give up both of their firsts. They could let someone else take the 5'11" QB and then have their pick of Levis and Stroud, while still potentially getting a top WR with 12 or a defender. Like I said in another thread, I think the move for them may be to go with Anderson 2, if someone trades up for Young. Then they can use 12 to trade up wherever they need to to take a QB.

I also don't think the Colts have the incentive to trade up AFTER the Texans. The whole point of them trading up would be to get their QB before the Texans. If the Texans are at 1, they either took the QB the Colts had #1 or they didn't and the Colts can stay at 4 because the Bears and Cardinals are not taking a QB. Granted, someone could trade ahead of the Colts, but unless the Bears and/or Cardinals work out a trade pre-draft, they'll have 10 minutes to come up with a deal while on the clock.
I'd be fine if Chicago traded Houston for 2 and 33.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
people expecting multiple trade downs are going to be disappointed. i see them trading down once ands then picking their guy, preferably Carter or anderson at 4

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dolphins traded down to 12, and moved up to #6 to get Waddle. I see Bears doing multiple moves down and then maybe up. April is 3 months away. You never know.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
It all depends on if 1 guy seperates himself from the rest, at least in the mind of 1 QB hungry GM. If the Bears trade the #1 to HOU, they will absolutely have tentative trades locked and loaded for every scenario that could play out with that pick.
Yes to this.

mecha

Liked Posts:
If Poles Sucks at Picking players the Bears are now the Lions of the last 30 Years, if he would just Listen to US we could be drafting #1 every year.
I thought they tanked very well! give em a bottle of milk.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears aren’t trading down twice. I wish people would stop with this pipe dream.
It's quotables like this that speak such a thing into existence, as it is such quotes that goads the universe into spiting you. ?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Ryan Poles on speed dial bro

it'd be different if people talk about these scenarios purely in a hypothetical manner, but I venture at least 75% of people making these threads genuinely believe the Chicago Bears organization is a) reading their drivel and b) actually give a shit what some mooks at CCS think about how they're going to run their team.

I also openly acknowledge I'm a hater and I don't give a shit what people think.
Ummm, yeah not me. This is just a SCENARIO that id like to see which also isnt out of the realm of possibility. I in no way think this has any influence on the organization whatsoever. Calm your ass down.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Have you seen past drafts with the #1 pick? Rarely do they trade down multiple times. And the Bears rarely trade down in the first round. Expect it not to happen.
Thats a fair take but if any team is going to trade down twice the Bears are in GREAT position to do so. Houston doesnt want to end up with more egg on their face than they already have and are not going to let anyone cut them in line for the QB they want and Indy is in DESPERATE need of a QB and will absolutely move up as high as possible and pay the price to do so as they have said. The Bears at 4 can still get their guy and add possibly as many as 6 picks, 4 of which could be in the first two rounds this year.
I think if Indy moves up to #1 i agree with you that the Bears likely dont trade down twice but if the Texans move up to #1 i fully expect a second trade down.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
"The Bears rarely trade down". This is the first time in our lifetimes they have had the #1 so I don't think precedent applies.

More importantly "The Bears" means nothing. It comes down to the GM, and our GM has had one draft in which he had no high picks. And even then, he did trade down.

I cannot understand how fans constantly predict based on past drafts run by different people.

They may trade down once and love a defender they can still draft. They may trade down once and not get the deal they hope for or the board may not fall in the way they would need to make a second trade down attractive, Or they could very well trade down twice.

It has nothing to do with what "the Bears" did before. Nothing.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
All that being said.....in this particular draft, there is a perfect scenario for one trade down only, as there is a team at #4 needing a QB with an opportunity to jump over a division rival, accompanied by two defensive talents that perfectly fit the Bears that are not likely to last past #4. One will certainly be available at that slot but not likely much lower than that.

So, as has been pointed out, the three scenarios that all benefit the Bears greatly -
1. Indy to #1 to jump Houston, Bears get #4.

2. Houston to #1 if they value one QB enough to prevent Indy from grabbing him. Bears to #2 and possibly another trade down.

3. Some other team in the Top 10 loves one of the QBs enough to jump to #1. Bears move farther down and lose out on Carter/Anderson most likely, but therefore get more picks.

I think all three scenarios are terrific for the Bears. What exactly the return will be is the topic of speculation for three more months.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All that being said.....in this particular draft, there is a perfect scenario for one trade down only, as there is a team at #4 needing a QB with an opportunity to jump over a division rival, accompanied by two defensive talents that perfectly fit the Bears that are not likely to last past #4. One will certainly be available at that slot but not likely much lower than that.

So, as has been pointed out, the three scenarios that all benefit the Bears greatly -
1. Indy to #1 to jump Houston, Bears get #4.

2. Houston to #1 if they value one QB enough to prevent Indy from grabbing him. Bears to #2 and possibly another trade down.

3. Some other team in the Top 10 loves one of the QBs enough to jump to #1. Bears move farther down and lose out on Carter/Anderson most likely, but therefore get more picks.

I think all three scenarios are terrific for the Bears. What exactly the return will be is the topic of speculation for three more months.
Plenty of speculation but also plenty of stupid fucking threads like Miami trading 1st in 2023 when they don’t have a 1st rounder.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
"The Bears rarely trade down". This is the first time in our lifetimes they have had the #1 so I don't think precedent applies.

More importantly "The Bears" means nothing. It comes down to the GM, and our GM has had one draft in which he had no high picks. And even then, he did trade down.

I cannot understand how fans constantly predict based on past drafts run by different people.

They may trade down once and love a defender they can still draft. They may trade down once and not get the deal they hope for or the board may not fall in the way they would need to make a second trade down attractive, Or they could very well trade down twice.

It has nothing to do with what "the Bears" did before. Nothing.
I can very easily see them trading down to 2 or 4, but not both.