Best news in a long time.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch's contract has officially expired. We're free. We're finally free.
Con Air GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
bUT mITCH WAS THE bEST qb ON tHE bEARZ! wE sHOUDa bEEN moar pATIANT.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
1616012544962.png

And the mitch truthers don't even know what team they should be following yet.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Mitch was not an option and that was a fact. He wasn't coming back even if the Bears wanted him back.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
FWIW - Last year Bucky Brooks put together a scouting report on Dalton when he signed with the Cowboys. His bottom line was thus:

From a critical standpoint, Dalton struggles when he is unable to play on schedule. He becomes an erratic throw when the pocket collapses and he lacks the explosive athleticism and creativity to make plays on the move. If opponents are able to create persistent pressure within the pocket, particularly up the gut, Dalton has a tough time evading the rush and delivering accurate passes.

At this stage of his career, the veteran needs rock-solid protection in front of him and dynamic pass catchers on the perimeter to be effective. Dalton can win as a pass-first point guard on a team loaded with talent but he lacks the special abilities to elevate the performance of an average squad with limited firepower.

Bucky Brooks: Scouting Report on Andy Dalton (dallascowboys.com)

That does not seem to bode well.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Yes, we're "free" of a QB that was 25-13 the last 3 seasons, went to the playoffs 2x in the last 3 years , and was on a cheap rookie contract...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I really do not understand the hate....

I don't get it either.

They made a huge offer to get Wilson and were told by Seattle that they aren't trading him, Houston isn't even taking calls on Watson and we weren't even on his list anyway, Carr wasn't getting traded and while doing everything they could to try to get any of them they were sitting watching the veteran QB's that are worth anything like Jameis and Fitzpatrick get signed so they went and got one of the better free agent QB's out there on a one year deal.

Dalton isn't a bad QB and has had good years to show he isn't and i'm pretty sure this is who Nagy wanted the most out of any of the QB's out there cause he's pretty much a pocket passer so they signed the guy before he signed elsewhere, which Schefter said other teams were talking to him like San Fran.

We still can try to trade for Wilson or Watson if either team does decide to trade them and we still have the draft to try to trade up if it makes sense or to draft a guy in any of the other rounds to bring in and sit behind Dalton.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gotta to love the boneheads who blame Trubisky for being less than expected. When you look at this organization....ownership, GM and coach.....he was exactly what he should have been. He was nothing more than a project and given his experience at the college level.... shouldn't have even been a first round pick much less than a guy you trade up for. It's not about Mitch, it's the shit ownership who hires people who not only can't do the job but then holds onto to them just long enough for them to fuck things up for their replacements. I predicted years ago that the Blackhawks were going to stay fucked up and behind the times until Bill Wirtz died.... it's exactly the same thing here with the Bears and the McCaskey family. It's so easy to blame the players....but they don't draft themselves and don't assign themselves to a team.... that's the front office. Someone really needs to close the Mom & Pop store they are running and get some real ownership in here.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, we're "free" of a QB that was 25-13 the last 3 seasons, went to the playoffs 2x in the last 3 years , and was on a cheap rookie contract...
Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy share those stats too, think they’re keepers too?