Best news in a long time.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No Nagy is actually 28-20 in the regular season meaning that the team is 3-7 without Mitch..
I’m talking about the games you referenced! Or was there a different HC and GM?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I think Mitch will become an analyst for NCAAF college gameday. I really hope he does, I’ll be genuinely happy for him

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I’m talking about the games you referenced! Or was there a different HC and GM?

You said they share the sane stats. They don't when looking at the last 3 seasons. In that time span Nagy was 28-20. Pace was 28-20. Trubisky was 25-13.

Plus my point was more about the value we got out of Trubisky. He was on a cheap rookie contract and had a decent record here. It becomes apparent Trubisky, if anything, made this team better, not worse. To say we are "free" of him is laughable...He is free of us.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
FWIW - Last year Bucky Brooks put together a scouting report on Dalton when he signed with the Cowboys. His bottom line was thus:

From a critical standpoint, Dalton struggles when he is unable to play on schedule. He becomes an erratic throw when the pocket collapses and he lacks the explosive athleticism and creativity to make plays on the move. If opponents are able to create persistent pressure within the pocket, particularly up the gut, Dalton has a tough time evading the rush and delivering accurate passes.

At this stage of his career, the veteran needs rock-solid protection in front of him and dynamic pass catchers on the perimeter to be effective. Dalton can win as a pass-first point guard on a team loaded with talent but he lacks the special abilities to elevate the performance of an average squad with limited firepower.

Bucky Brooks: Scouting Report on Andy Dalton (dallascowboys.com)

That does not seem to bode well.

Basically he needs to be in the perfect situation to play average.

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I think Mitch will become an analyst for NCAAF college gameday. I really hope he does, I’ll be genuinely happy for him

His NFL career isn’t over yet. He will get bounced around for couple years before he completely washes out.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You said they share the sane stats. They don't when looking at the last 3 seasons. In that time span Nagy was 28-20. Pace was 28-20. Trubisky was 25-13.

Plus my point was more about the value we got out of Trubisky. He was on a cheap rookie contract and had a decent record here. It becomes apparent Trubisky, if anything, made this team better, not worse. To say we are "free" of him is laughable...He is free of us.
In those games they did, or was it the Mitch Trubiskys playing rather than the Chicago Bears? If you want to judge the QB on a team stat at least use all of them, why leave out 2017 for Mitch? Then he’s 29-21, a worse ratio than Nagy.

Perhaps the team made Mitch look better? Especially as 11 of those wins came in 2018

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
It doesn't matter. We traded one bum QB for another.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
You really gotta credit Ryan Pace here. He didn’t exercise the 5th year option and boy I believe he got it right!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Trubitsky had a decent record due to the fact he had a really good defense and beat bad teams. Trubitsky has only beaten 4 teams with a winning record. 4 fucking teams!!

In fact the 1 win against the Rams he was terrible and had his career lowest passer rating.

1 win came against Carolina and he only threw 7 passes.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Trubitsky had a decent record due to the fact he had a really good defense and beat bad teams. Trubitsky has only beaten 4 teams with a winning record. 4 fucking teams!!

In fact the 1 win against the Rams he was terrible and had his career lowest passer rating.

1 win came against Carolina and he only threw 7 passes.

Our team is constructed for the defense to help us win. We had the highest paid defense in the NFL and the lowest paid offense in 2020. Thats how it is supposed to work.

No one is claiming Mitch is the savior, but he did enough to win. He limited turnovers, pick 6s, and was beginning to turn a corner. He isn't Deshaun Watson or Mahomes. Fans need to get over it and stop comparing at this point.

All I'm saying is we could have done far worse. He would have been a better option for us at QB in 2021 than Dalton and every other free agent for that matter

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
In those games they did, or was it the Mitch Trubiskys playing rather than the Chicago Bears? If you want to judge the QB on a team stat at least use all of them, why leave out 2017 for Mitch? Then he’s 29-21, a worse ratio than Nagy.

Perhaps the team made Mitch look better? Especially as 11 of those wins came in 2018

Ok, Matt Nagy & Ryan Pace were also 25-13 when Trubisky was QB the last 3 seasons.

Also Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace were 3-7 when Trubisky was not the QB the last 3 seasons.

Do you feel better now?