Best options in round two I've possibly ever seen

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
not if Pace is an idiot we wouldn't have. We could have Hankins or Merideth instead we have Sims with 2 TE's ahead of him for 6,000,000. dumb.

Just because we are panicked about last years 2nd round pick (the only justifiable reason to keep him) does not mean any GM on 31 other teams would entertain him after last season for anything more than the vet minimum on a tryout basis.

For some reason he got caught in discussions between a new coach who doesn't know the situation and covets TE's and a people pleasing young GM who has a tendency to do stupid shit here and there.

Wow so you have reasoning that last years 2nd round pick was a bust really ?
I am talking about a chance to get rid of dead weight and shaheed has talent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bears would have to give Sims away for a 6th maybe less. At this point there is little reason to do so unless there is something else to do with the 6 million in cap space.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Landry is cleared we need to trade up for him. That is our biggest hole. We could then use 4/5/6 on offense. Grab a guard, WR and RB and head into the season with the most complete roster we've had in 5 years.

If Landry gets cleared by these teams then i'm worried about Clev, Giants and Indy who are all picking ahead of us.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agreed, that is why some other more sure things are still likely to go before him. I can't see him drafted in the next 20 picks with what is on the board, and outside chance he would free fall all the way to our 4th?

That's where Mayok has him going

Liked Posts:
None of this, & no so-called "difference"' makers are going to make any difference at all for this teams ability to win games now when the starting QB gets mangled & pinned to the sideline with a long term injury. If Massie is the the starting RT, I promise you the QB will either get injured or the Bears will eventually be forced & handcuffed to running the ball & not able to pass the ball the way they would prefer.

IMO the biggest impact difference make the the Bears could get with this pick would be a quality OT that would allow this team to finally be able to gameplan offensively to what they want to do, instead of to what the need to do based on a lack of OT talent that cant keep the QB upright from all of the 3-4 edge rushers throughout this league.

Heres a quote below from ESPN about Connor Williams. I know it's ESPN & what they say can only be taken with a grain of salt. But if they are accurate then Williams would be the right thing to do. If it isnt accurate, the the OT left on the board that best suits this description should be picked at some point value pending...

ESPN Connor Williams quote:

"Williams shows good pre-snap awareness in pass protection, during which he recognizes and picks up stunts and blitzes. He grades out as a solid starter and has the maturity and technique to challenge for a starting job immediately."

That is EXACTLY what the Bears need the most to tamper the edge rushers & defenses that stack extra pressure from the edges throughout the league, & I believe will easily help the Bears the most to win the most games now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. CB/FS Jackson (if his hips are too stiff for corner maybe he should be a safety)
2. RG Hernandez
3. OLB Key
4. TE Andrews
5. CB Carlton Davis
6. OLB Landry
7. C Daniels
8. WR Sutton
9. RB Gulce
10. DT Settle
11. DE Mo Hurst
12. OLB Lorenzo Carter
13. OT Connor Williams
14. OT Brown-oklahom
15. S Reid
16. CB Oliver
17. OLB Hubbard
18. OLB Okwo-miami
19. SS Harrison
20. RB Nick Chubb
21. RB Royce Freeman
22. TE Goedert
23. NT Senat-South Florida
25. TE Jordan Thomas (we noticed him at senior bowl with everyone else...11 inch hands)
26. RB Kaylen Balllage
27. DE P. J. Hall

There is a discernible difference after about 19, with another 19 players or so sprinkled in at positions of NOT need.

I would accept a significant trade down if it meant I could snag two of the first 19 here for us.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People pay way too much attention to mock analysts' grades and rankings, and talking about how teams have reached for players when they weren't picked according these rankings.

Every team in the league (even the Browns) have GMs and scout teams who know far more about these players than media analysts do and have good reason for picking them when they do.

Just because someone picks a player that might be "graded" as #55 at pick #29 doesn't mean it was a reach, it just means that team's scouting disagreed with the mock analysts about how good they are.

IDGAF if someone like Carter is graded at #55 overall if the Bears' scouting team thinks he can do a better job than someone you think should go earlier because of their "grade".

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
People pay way too much attention to mock analysts' grades and rankings, and talking about how teams have reached for players when they weren't picked according these rankings.

Every team in the league (even the Browns) have GMs and scout teams who know far more about these players than media analysts do and have good reason for picking them when they do.

Just because someone picks a player that might be "graded" as #55 at pick #29 doesn't mean it was a reach, it just means that team's scouting disagreed with the mock analysts about how good they are.

IDGAF if someone like Carter is graded at #55 overall if the Bears' scouting team thinks he can do a better job than someone you think should go earlier because of their "grade".

Mick,

Which player are you hoping they draft tonight?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mick,

Which player are you hoping they draft tonight?

I'm ok with what EDGE/OG/WR they like. Hernandez would be an immediate starter and Kirk would be a good pick too. If they like Lorenzo Carter I'm good with that too. I'm just glad we have an analytical team of scouts who value traits over just college stats.

Liked Posts:

This & also when people put too much stake in those damned draft value charts like they are etched in golden rule. As though a team desperately in need of a franchise QB or any position that would put them over the top would fail to pull the trigger on a deal because the draft value chart claims they would over pay by 200 - 300 chart points that really have no proven correlation to the actual draft talent at all.