Better lucky than good?

Liked Posts:
Thats the definition of this game. 3 picks, 1 for 6 and we win by 6 points? Brandon Jacobs goes over a 100 yards rushing. ZERO sacks on Eli. WOW! The Bears are just not a good team right now. Can't generate a pass rush with 4 DE's on the field in obvious passing situations, is just pathetic. Time to start looking for D-line men in trades, FA, and next years draft

Aqbased

Liked Posts:
p16kl.jpg

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Briggs had a sack... Where's the luck part?

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

mecha

Liked Posts:
Offense missed some scores due to penalties too bear in mind.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Not sure what game you were watching

how many times did jeffery beat his man for a big play? The Bears going for it on 4th down after the first pick? Marshall dropping a pass? The Giants played probably their best football of their season and barely hung in the game.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
how many times did jeffery beat his man for a big play? The Bears going for it on 4th down after the first pick? Marshall dropping a pass? The Giants played probably their best football of their season and barely hung in the game.

All I ever hear is how everybody plays their best game against the Bears. The Giants are a bad team. The Bears won the game, which is a good thing. But anyone that walks around after this game all puffy chested is too much of a homer to understand what they just watched. This team needs a lot of work to be able to compete with the elite teams in the NFL. This win gives them more time to work on it.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I ever hear is how everybody plays their best game against the Bears. The Giants are a bad team. The Bears won the game, which is a good thing. But anyone that walks around after this game all puffy chested is too much of a homer to understand what they just watched. This team needs a lot of work to be able to compete with the elite teams in the NFL. This win gives them more time to work on it.

Team needs work yes, enjoy the victory... Bitch about the problems tomorrow.

mac bear

Liked Posts:

You know... ok, before I get mad at you for that, I'll breathe in and realize that maybe you saw some drunk, puffy chested, idiots parading around like we won the Super Bowl. Ok, for them, that stands.

I'm happy though. Totally. Have been all year. NO, we don't have the same D. Not at all. Our special teams are in TRANSition, wee bit. Or suck. Not sure which. So, that makes our D, late teens, maybe early twenties, in rankings... instead of top 5 or 10. True dat. Special teams... well, Hester is still getting some solid returns, when he's not yelling at Gould, and Gould is doing what he does best, close to the best. So, not top 5, probably where the D is. So, in those two places, quite a drop. But not a drop that knocks us out of the fine fifteen, at all... especially when our Offence is so much stronger than it used to be. From late 20s in rankings to, top twelve? If not top five...

No. Were not Elite, yet. As Cutler said, three years, till elite (know offence, rebuild defence through drafting and FA). So, cheer up. If we can just, like the Giants, stay in the game (the 16 games game) and sneak into the wildcard race, or better yet, sneak in to winning the North... then, who knows what the hot team on a roll can do with and to, even the 'elite' teams. They've seen their perfection be questioned come Superbowl time more often than once.

It'd be nice to be there for that... again.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would you rather be New York? Jacksonville? Minnesota?

We are 4-2 and in first place in our division. Was it a textbook win? No but hell, we won. I don't hear anyone talking about Denver and how awful their defense is after they beat Dallas? They let Dallas score 48 points on them but I don't see anyone throwing the Broncos under the defensive bus. The Giants are a talented team that has a tendency to self destruct. We held them to 50 yards less than their average in passing yards and while 123 yards rushing is not outstanding it still isn't that bad when you consider our issues at DT.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. There is no such thing as a 'perfect' team in the NFL. The days of the 85 Bears or the 84 49ers or the Steeler teams of the 1970s. Teams simply can't afford to be rock solid string in every area. Look at the teams that were projected to be contenders in their divisions. Atlanta is a mess. Washington is not the same team, Dallas has looked horrible at times. None of these teams have shown dominance. Even 5-0 teams like Denver and New Orleans have shown weaknesses. Even Green Bay doesn't look like the superpower that they have year after year.

We have to hold other teams to under 24 points. If we can do that we have a good chance to win the game. Offensively we can normally score 27 points in a game. This one was less but our defense still only gave up three touchdowns and scored one. That is a net 14 points that we gave up against a team with players like Nix and Cruz.

It wasn't pretty, we came in wounded but won against a team that was flat out desperate to win a game. The Giants absolutely had to win to stay a couple back of Dallas. Now they are probably looking at a totally lost season. Just like Minnesota earlier when you face desperate teams you get desperate play.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:

who the fuck is puffy chested? The point is the thread title is stupid. The bears weren't "lucky" to win this game they executed well for most of the game. Obviously they can be better, especially on defense, but I think they will get better when they get healthy and I anticipate Emery to make some sort of move because I am certain, just like us, he doesn't want to watch us blitz by necessity instead of by creativity and aggressiveness for the next 10 remaining games.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Typical post game cunting I see

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears had few penalties and committed no turnovers. That alone puts you in a great position. That's not luck.

Stalin828

Liked Posts:
Who would have thought having your 3 best DTs out would result in your defense getting gashed up the middle on runs and your DL unable to get pressure? We were also missing our pro bowl CB, and it showed.

Yeah, our DL has been terrible. Not much more to say about it than that. On paper going into the season we had a decent DL. It didn't work out that way.

I doubt there is any way to fix it in the season. We probably just have to hope for the best.

EDIT:
I just want to add, those runs off the right for huge gains, Shea McClellin was getting completely fucking owned all day. It was ridiculous. This kid has not been improving.