Big Test For Trestman

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
my predictions this reggie bush gets shutdown and tillman is man to man with megatron all game we win 28 to 21

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have faith that Trestman has analyzed the Lions thoroughly and will come out with a plan that will attack their weaknesses. The man is a mad genious

edvedder10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By marching into GB and coming away with a win, the Bears got a huge boost and a leg up for taking the lead in the division.
If we still had the old coaching staff I would fully expect them to squander this opportunity they have tomorrow by losing to the Lions. The old 2 step forward 1 step backwards scenario. For one reason or another, they never had the ability to put the hammer down. Even the 06 season ended poorly.

Tomorrow will be a huge test for Trestman. We will see if he has the ability/gonads to put the hammer down on the division with a win vs the Lions. I expect a GB loss to P:bears:hilly, and winning tomorrow would give the Bears sole possession of the NFCN.

I for one believe Trestman not only has the ability and the will to take this next step, I believe he showed it with the 4th down call vs GB on Monday night.

We shall see. Suh will be trying all game to injure Jay, and the Bears need to watch his back even after the play has ended. I believe Suh will spare no expense to knock Cutler out. He will risk ejection, fine, suspensions etc to achieve this. Re injuring Cutler will give Detroit a boost in the division race.. For some strange reason the Lions fans find delight in the injuring Cutler scenario..

Bear Down, watch Jays back, and we should come away with a 7 point win..

:bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears:

Tomorrow is the first time Trestman faces an opponent he's faced before, interested to see his adjustments. I suspect the offense will have a big day.

LoneGhost

Liked Posts:
We shall see. Suh will be trying all game to injure Jay, and the Bears need to watch his back even after the play has ended. I believe Suh will spare no expense to knock Cutler out. He will risk ejection, fine, suspensions etc to achieve this. Re injuring Cutler will give Detroit a boost in the division race.. For some strange reason the Lions fans find delight in the injuring Cutler scenario..

Bear Down, watch Jays back, and we should come away with a 7 point win..

:bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears::bears:

With no intentions of being rude when I ask this, but... weren't most Bears fans in some "delight" when mister Rodgers got taken down? I mean I want Jay healthy and to stay healthy as much as anyone else, but how can we declare (without hypocrisy) Lions fans taking "delight" with the possibility of ending or stalling a divisional rival's season when most did just that this past Monday?

Unless I misunderstood. Then feel free to disregard this post.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
With no intentions of being rude when I ask this, but... weren't most Bears fans in some "delight" when mister Rodgers got taken down? I mean I want Jay healthy and to stay healthy as much as anyone else, but how can we declare (without hypocrisy) Lions fans taking "delight" with the possibility of ending or stalling a divisional rival's season when most did just that this past Monday?

thats different jays our qb. hences its heinous and unclassy to wish and rejoice in injurys to our guy

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Trest and CO can beat GB and DET back to back like this, fuck it, I will take one for the team and nail his daughters.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Trest and CO can beat GB and DET back to back like this, fuck it, I will take one for the team and nail his daughters.

His daughters are off limits for you mongrels. Don't you have a wife?

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:

From my understanding at least I don't think it was about taking Rodgers out for the season. It was more about evening things up in the division, the Bears were going to be missing their starting quarterback for a couple games. I could understand the argument of wanting to take Cutler out if Stafford was out for a couple of games but they've had their quarterback this entire season.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It is true that some of us were happy when Rodgers left the game...In the case of Lions fans however, they openly hope and pray that Suh will take Cutler out..Thats a huge difference..When a great player like Rodgers leaves the game, its natural for the opposing teams fans to feel relieved and happy. To root in advance for another player to be taken out is classless no matter who does it. I've seen posts on other sites by Lions fans openly bragging that Suh will knock Cutler out. If you have to wish to win by an injury, that says your team isnt that good in the first place

LoneGhost

Liked Posts:
From my understanding at least I don't think it was about taking Rodgers out for the season. It was more about evening things up in the division, the Bears were going to be missing their starting quarterback for a couple games. I could understand the argument of wanting to take Cutler out if Stafford was out for a couple of games but they've had their quarterback this entire season.

It is true that some of us were happy when Rodgers left the game...In the case of Lions fans however, they openly hope and pray that Suh will take Cutler out..Thats a huge difference..When a great player like Rodgers leaves the game, its natural for the opposing teams fans to feel relieved and happy. To root in advance for another player to be taken out is classless no matter who does it. I've seen posts on other sites by Lions fans openly bragging that Suh will knock Cutler out. If you have to wish to win by an injury, that says your team isnt that good in the first place

That's a seemingly fair enough assessment of the situation for me. I suppose I didn't quite connect wishing ill-will in advance as being worse at first since I figure, (unfortunately) pessimistically, that a majority of idiots fans wish it week in week out (and then celebrate when it does come to fruition). Possibly doubly so with regards to the Lions fans. :troll:

Thanks for clearing that up.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
His daughters are off limits for you mongrels. Don't you have a wife?

You telling me I can't play pretend every now and then and have a fantasy?

What good is the internet then?

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I had so much confidence in him and his coaching abilities that I was only worried about Tucker and the defense. I was so wrong...

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/marc-trestman-makes-big-mistake-starts-jay-cutler-215252080--nfl.html

Josh McCown was playing well for the Bears. Jay Cutler was three weeks removed from a groin injury that was supposed to keep him out for at least a month.

The decision was easy for Bears coach Marc Trestman, right? There was no need to rush Cutler back for a huge game against the Lions, even though he'd returned to practice this week. McCown was a bit of a conservative choice at quarterback, but it was the right one.

Well, Trestman didn't make the easy decision, and it might cost the Bears a chance to win the NFC North.

Cutler started against the Lions and wasn't sharp. At one point in the third quarter he grabbed his groin and seemed to be in pain. He moved very slowly after that. The Bears scored 13 points in the first 57:38 of the game as the Lions built a 21-13 lead.

Then Trestman finally put in McCown (the Bears announced Cutler had an ankle injury, and Trestman confirmed that after the game), and really gave himself some reasons for regret.