Big time weapon for Fields

msadows

Liked Posts:
How about trading Mack for Julio Jones? Atlanta is taking calls. Can you imagine jones and Robinson for the kid Fields. This would be magical.

lol....how about not.

Chris Godwin is a FA next season. Just go after him. Not sure tampa retains him.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Bears would take on an extra $7 million in cap money this year.

Beyond that, I'm not sure why Atlanta would take the deal. Jones' cap hit goes down to $19 mil next year, while Mack's goes up to $31.1 million, with a $27 million dead cap hit if cut.

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We have Robinson and Mooney is developing and overall our WRs aren't that bad. Plus, a good QB should make the group look better. But with Trevathon getting older and the loss of Fuller, losing Mack would hurt our D too much. right now they are still good enough to keep us in games, especially with the return of Goldman, so I would stay pat. Still hoping they find a cheap vet LT so the rookie can play RT like he did in college this year at least to learn NFL speed.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Mack's contract was fair to high for his talent. He's not increasing that talent therefor his value isn't increasing. You would trade him at a loss. Mack is not your answer for anything but to be a good player on defense.

Now if you'd like to swap Mack to LT that would be a very Bears thing to do.

Liked Posts:
I'm not a big fan of paying big $ to WRs especially aging ones. No need to make crazy trades this year either. See what you got in Fields and go big in the '22 FA market/draft once a bunch of cap space opens up.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm not a big fan of paying big $ to WRs especially aging ones. No need to make crazy trades this year either. See what you got in Fields and go big in the '22 FA market/draft once a bunch of cap space opens up.

There are also a decent set of WR's potentially coming up on FA this year.

Both adams/godwin might not get retained by their teams. Arob is the obvious one.

I still think arob stays here after the fact we got fields. I'm sure that entire team is buzzing right now.

Arob, mooney, kmet, cohen, monty, graham are all legit nfl players.

Cacsac10

Liked Posts:
lol....how about not.

Chris Godwin is a FA next season. Just go after him. Not sure tampa retains him.
You really think that they will sign Godwin next year? They won’t even sign ARob now. We will let ARob walk and not sign anyone good, then Fields won’t have anyone and he will fail.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Julio simply can NOT stay healthy. Not worth the price. No thanks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You really think that they will sign Godwin next year? They won’t even sign ARob now. We will let ARob walk and not sign anyone good, then Fields won’t have anyone and he will fail.

Look at the positives, you can only improve from here on out as far as post quality goes.

We aren't letting Arob go anywhere because we did draft fields. Unless Arob shits the bed this year, which he won't, I fully expect an extension.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Hopefully Mack rounds back into his dominant form. Bears should be solid on offense with Robinson - Mooney- maybe Fields can unlock the potential in Miller/Ridley or Wims? and who knows about Newsome, he could be a pleasant surprise. Hopefully Kmet develops in year 2 as most tight ends do, and of course Montgomery, Cohen, and Williams in the backfield.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How about trading Mack for Julio Jones? Atlanta is taking calls. Can you imagine jones and Robinson for the kid Fields. This would be magical.
Hellz no. The guy is still great when healthy but when he gets hurt he's stays hurt way too long and he seems to get hurt every year. Plus we need to stay young now that we have a young franchise QB (Fingers crossed) and stay with either ARob who's just 27 or replace him in the draft or with another young WR next free agency to go with the other young guys on offense.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Mack rounds back into his dominant form. Bears should be solid on offense with Robinson - Mooney- maybe Fields can unlock the potential in Miller/Ridley or Wims? and who knows about Newsome, he could be a pleasant surprise. Hopefully Kmet develops in year 2 as most tight ends do, and of course Montgomery, Cohen, and Williams in the backfield.
Yup. Time to see what we actually have in some of our young WRs paired with consistency at QB ....and hopefully Nagy having his head on his shoulders rather than in between his ass cheeks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jones is 32 and slowing down.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
no....lets not completely gut the defense