Biggest Bears Bust or Bust-to-Be of the New Millennium?

Biggest Bears Bust or Potential Bust Since 2000

• Total voters

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, it came down to a skill position player. CB gave us a smidgeon of productivity, so I voted for David Terrell.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
yeah that quraterback from cal would of been nice over cedric benson

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I gotta go with Michael Haynes.... 14th overall pick.... 61 career tackles, 5.5 Sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT over essentially 3 years with the Bears.... he went to the Saints and didn't even play for them.

14th overall in 2003 and wasn't even good enough to catch on as a rotational guy or a situational rusher or a ST/backup guy.... just 3 shitty years and he was done.

And to my knowledge he wasn't dealing with any major injuries, he was just bad... at least most of the other busts had injury components..... Carimi, Williams, Bazuin, Bradley..... not to excuse picks with injury history as Angelo loved those dudes, but Haynes was a healthy 14th overall pick who flat out was bad at football on the NFL level, to me that is the worst bust.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree with the Benson votes. He's not a perennial pro bowler that you might expect from that high of a pick but he's had a solid career. Granted mostly not with the Bears.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I disagree with the Benson votes. He's not a perennial pro bowler that you might expect from that high of a pick but he's had a solid career. Granted mostly not with the Bears.

I thought about leaving him off as well for that reason but I figured a lot of people would have manstruated if I did

Sentinel

Liked Posts:

Which means he was a bust for us. His good years in Cinci mean nothing to us.

The only things he accomplished in Chicago were fumbling on our own 20 in the Super Bowl and pushing Thomas Jones out of town despite being greatly inferior.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I actually thought he did pretty well in 2005, and maybe early part of 2006, as a "speller" for Jones

Liked Posts:
So you think guys like Williams, Carimi, McClellan, Haynes, Terrell (!)...actually, everyone else on the list...accomplished more with the Bears than Cedric Benson?

Yeah I don't get the full on Benson was a total bust theory, he wasn't really that bad on the field even while with the Bears. Hell even Chris Williams managed to turn in a decent year as a Left Guard in 2010, & part of 2011. Carimi & McClellin are just plain bad, real bad. The Bears got nothing out of Carimi, & I wouldn't be shocked if the Shea at LB experiment is a complete disaster, basically rendering him as useless also.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Benson was a top 5 pick that did nothing for the Bears, I don't care that he had a mediocre career with other teams. He was a major BUST for the Bears. Other guys taken later in the draft or in later rounds don't measure up to the value lost when your team has the chance to draft in the top 5 and fail miserably. Bust doesn't simply mean worst overall player it also means worst value. If you simply want worst overall player that was obviously Bazuin since he never played at all as a 2nd rounder.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
In any case I voted Cedric Benson since the Bears didn't even need a running back and they drafted that tard over so many better options.

'greed. Wasn't it like 4th overall too. I hate Benson on a personal level.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Benson was a top 5 pick that did nothing for the Bears, I don't care that he had a mediocre career with other teams. He was a major BUST for the Bears. Other guys taken later in the draft or in later rounds don't measure up to the value lost when your team has the chance to draft in the top 5 and fail miserably. Bust doesn't simply mean worst overall player it also means worst value. If you simply want worst overall player that was obviously Bazuin since he never played at all as a 2nd rounder.

The only thing he did was get a much better RB ran out of town.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think Jones got run out of town. He demanded a trade.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Jones got run out of town. He demanded a trade.

It was because of getting replaced by Benson doe right? I may be wrong.

inb4 bot calls me passive aggressive.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Jones and Benson had quite a storied rivalry right? :D to my understanding, people were punking Benson out the instant he got on the team, the whole Jones/Benson thing was more Jones than Benson. didn't Kreutz like punch Benson out at practice once too? granted, Benson talked a lot of shit and thought he was the second coming, but people relentlessly fucked with him too, and we all know he's not the most stable of dudes as well. there were other things about him and gluten, he cut it from his diet, blah blah.

I think Benson is head and shoulders above guys like Gilbert and Bazuin that didn't do shit. he was a decent enough spellback and he scored touchdowns.. his best years were probably behind Jones, 2007 he flat out sucked. ran with his chin on his dick. Faulk completely busted him out on NFL Network about his ypc one day, which I thought was awesome. "he runs the ball 3 times and you have to punt". the Bulldozer just didn't have it during his Bears years.

also people whining about them not drafting Rodgers instead, please stop. if the Bears drafted him with their absolute ineptitude at not just offense, but the quarterback position especially, he wouldn't be the superstar he is today. if Grossman were drafted by any other team he would've been unleashing the dragon on teams for 11 years now.

I choose Bazuin, cause he can't jump out of pools and I hate his name.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bazuin or McLellin. Both utterly useless. Benson is nowhere near as much an on-field bust as these two.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Went with Terrell. 8th overall pick and never even broke 700 yards in any of his five seasons (not to mention only 9 TDs over that span). It's kind of hard not to go with Haynes though; fuck, Shea has actually eclipsed some of Haynes' career stats...and that's just sad.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Michael Haynes couldn't even find the playing field

malcore

To me, because of the team's needs at the time, Williams and Carimi are the biggest busts.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, reading all these answers, there's a case to be made for any of them really.

Fuck you Jerry Angelo.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I vote Shea cause I can't get over how you pass up Chandler Jones for that fuck.