Biggest WTF play that you remember?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The play where no one picked up the GB fumble, and the refs never blew the whistle..GB bench yelled for their guy to pick it up, and he ran it in for a TD.
The refs let that ball lay on the ground for what seemed like 5 minutes

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The game in Atlanta where all the Bears D had to do was guard the sidelines and Atlanta would lose the game as the clock would run out..

Instead, they let the sidelines open and Atlanta moved down the field, kicked a FG, and won the game in the final seconds

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
  • Hester fake & Knox kickoff return TD called back by flag on ghost.
  • Packer game where a live ball was just sitting on the field and Bears players all walked away thinking it dead. GB recovered for a free TD. Trestman coaching for ya.
  • Dec. 2011 vs GB: End of 2nd hail mary into endzone that Urlacher got both mitts on & swatted down....somehow right into the hands of a F'in Packer. GB won by a nose in low scoring affair.
  • In Bears favor for once (forget the year) at end of 4th, a hail mary ended up bouncing off someone and backup RB Allen dove and pulled it in just above the blades of grass in endzone for a TD. That was an awesome play.
  • 2018 was at MIA endzone for the OT loss in 100 deg heat in the shade. BOTH teams each fumbled & lost the ball at the 1. Winning FGs missed. MIA 5 yard slant & simple plays broken for 70+ yard TDs due to overpersuit tackling. Crazy ass game TBH. Bears shoulda coulda won that. Could visibly see Bears w/ heat exhaustion while MIA rested in the shade. A brutal brutal home field advantage early in the year.
  • Being at Soldier for a cold DET game (forget the year). Down 8, Cutler marched em down the field for the TD on last play. Failed the 2 pt. conversion. IIRC a penalty gave em another shot even & failed that too? SMDH.
  • Obviously the AZ comeback game is a given. Still doesn't overcome all the shit we're recalling here. ie...
  • The 2 games where Cutler got hurt & season went down the shitter.
    • A) in NFC Championship - grade 2 MCL tear that bled his knee full & rest of league suddenly became Orthopedic Doctors and called him a quitter. Again, loss to GB in biggest of possible games.
    • B) When Cutler tore his thumb on a post INT tackle. Up til that game Bears offense was finally clicking with Martz putting up 35 pts/game on good teams. Out for the season, Hanie tanked em to shit. Martz fired. Offense too complex for plug n play QBs & WRs. Also cost us Olsen, but that year coulda/shoulda been a special run. Like '19, D was stacked & O became total dogshit.

Too many of these are damn painful in the worst of ways on the biggest stages. I don't believe law of averages plays esp. when it's completely different rosters & coaches, but shit...we're due something special aren't we?

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Shoot I must have missed that one. Lol
If i'm correct, it happen on one of Tillman's Peanut punch and recover play, dude(some WR) was mad at Peanut, and grabbed his pants from behind while falling face flat, Tillman kept running but the Bears D (Urlacher and Briggs) told Peanut to down himself, which he did and those two was laughing at his "ass", they huddle up around on him also for a fix-up recovery.
It could of been Nathan Vasher tho, check Lovie's era/ orange jersey games tape, lol.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Losing to fuckin' TIM TEBOW. :poop: .

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My memory of Bears football.goes back to the Superbowl (I was 4 at the time. I dont remember much of the game, but i do remember parts of it.)

As far as being a SERIOUS fan, i really started watching and taking note of things from like '94 on. So, with that being said, what has been the biggest WTF moment you can think of as a Bears fan. Both IN-GAME, and Offseason move) At the time. Not in retrospect...

In-game for me was a close one between Marcus Cooper's dumbass FG Block return that he fumbled away on the 1 yd line against the Steelers in 2017, or Marion Barber going out of bounds against the Broncos in 2011. If he doesn't go out of bounds, Bears win. We missed the playoffs that year by one game. Marion Barber III holds the dumbest play in my mind.

Dumbest , at the time, move for me? Shea McClellin over Chandler Jones. Phil Emery sucks.

What about you?

chris conte

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Very low on the list, but does anybody remember the game Hanie started against the Raiders after Cutler went down in 11? I just remember we were driving late trying to make a 4th qtr comeback and Hanie decide to try a fake spike play but then after faking the spike he decided to actually spike the ball which resulted in intentional grounding 15 second run off and the end of the game. Pretty much summed up how the 2011 season went after Cutler’s thumb.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think mine is 1986 Lions Bears game. Bears intercept a pass and then proceed to pitch it back and forth to each and then one of the pitches is picked off by a Detroit player and returned for a touchdown
I was thinking about that play but for some reason, I thought it was against the Bucs with their classic orange pirate and white uniforms.
I specifically remember the defenders response, they all started laughing with a What The Heck Did We Just Do?

Davide

Liked Posts:
Do you remember the only one play in Kevin White history when he catch Hail Mary pass vs the Patriots and miss the end zone by yard?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
  • Hester fake & Knox kickoff return TD called back by flag on ghost.
  • Packer game where a live ball was just sitting on the field and Bears players all walked away thinking it dead. GB recovered for a free TD. Trestman coaching for ya.
  • Dec. 2011 vs GB: End of 2nd hail mary into endzone that Urlacher got both mitts on & swatted down....somehow right into the hands of a F'in Packer. GB won by a nose in low scoring affair.
  • In Bears favor for once (forget the year) at end of 4th, a hail mary ended up bouncing off someone and backup RB Allen dove and pulled it in just above the blades of grass in endzone for a TD. That was an awesome play.
  • 2018 was at MIA endzone for the OT loss in 100 deg heat in the shade. BOTH teams each fumbled & lost the ball at the 1. Winning FGs missed. MIA 5 yard slant & simple plays broken for 70+ yard TDs due to overpersuit tackling. Crazy ass game TBH. Bears shoulda coulda won that. Could visibly see Bears w/ heat exhaustion while MIA rested in the shade. A brutal brutal home field advantage early in the year.
  • Being at Soldier for a cold DET game (forget the year). Down 8, Cutler marched em down the field for the TD on last play. Failed the 2 pt. conversion. IIRC a penalty gave em another shot even & failed that too? SMDH.
  • Obviously the AZ comeback game is a given. Still doesn't overcome all the shit we're recalling here. ie...
  • The 2 games where Cutler got hurt & season went down the shitter.
    • A) in NFC Championship - grade 2 MCL tear that bled his knee full & rest of league suddenly became Orthopedic Doctors and called him a quitter. Again, loss to GB in biggest of possible games.
    • B) When Cutler tore his thumb on a post INT tackle. Up til that game Bears offense was finally clicking with Martz putting up 35 pts/game on good teams. Out for the season, Hanie tanked em to shit. Martz fired. Offense too complex for plug n play QBs & WRs. Also cost us Olsen, but that year coulda/shoulda been a special run. Like '19, D was stacked & O became total dogshit.

Too many of these are damn painful in the worst of ways on the biggest stages. I don't believe law of averages plays esp. when it's completely different rosters & coaches, but shit...we're due something special aren't we?

Huh???? We lost 35-21 to GB on Christmas in 2011.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Barber blunder happened in 2011. The year the Bears were playing the best football in the league before Cutler was hurt.

If Barber stays in-bounds, Bears make the playoffs, and hopefully Cutler can return.

Nope. Bears win that game it would have made them 9-7 and still missing the playoffs.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The play where no one picked up the GB fumble, and the refs never blew the whistle..GB bench yelled for their guy to pick it up, and he ran it in for a TD.
The refs let that ball lay on the ground for what seemed like 5 minutes

This is the one for me. I remember yelling at the TV to pick the fucking ball up, because the refs are just standing there waiting for someone to do it. Ugh. The fucking Bears just shit their pants whenever they play GB. So sick of that shit.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Huh???? We lost 35-21 to GB on Christmas in 2011.

I must be thinking of a diff. game then obviously. It was with a group of friends the day after we did a mud run so I checked one of my shirts for the date. Wrong event. ?‍♂️