Biggs: 10 Thoughts

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
10 thoughts after the Bears rallied from 14 points down to edge the Cardinals 16-14 Sunday afternoon at State Farm Stadium, moving into first place in the NFC North.

1. A friend texted before halftime when the Bears were down 14-3 and remarked how the Cardinals were in a ripe position to cough up a lead at home — like they did back in 2006, the year the stadium opened, when the Bears erased a 20-point deficit to win. Not so fast, my friend. Sure, as I wrote in my column off the game there are some similarities in place.

(Full story in the link below)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ghts-brad-biggs-cardinals-20180924-story.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Toliver looked good at times in the Preseason, But Prince has played well, hope we don't start getting lit up by attacking the rookie.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
A 71% completion rate is not too many misses. Anyone saying that is wearing Bear Goggles. The misses he had were just bad ones that A) should've been made, B) would've really helped if they were, C) weren't the easy short passes and D) were way off. Not too many misses, bad misses.

Fact: Fans wanted to see Trubisky give us a comeback, you got it and fans are still bitching. It wasn't pretty but it was there. Wah, but the defense. The defense that gifted the 14 quick points to the opponents to start the game? Yes, but the defense is our defense.
As the TEAM gets better hopefully we see more of that with an offense that isn't struggling and the defense hasn't gifted a 2 score lead.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Prince was playing phenomenal. He ghosted Brandon Marshall, it was like he wasn't even playing. If he can play at 90% against the Bucs, he needs to be in there for passing snaps. That gives him 2 weeks to heal after the game. Tolliver will get his chances later.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch took it down 60 yards in 7 minutes and got us in position to get the go ahead score....

If anyone thinks you what you see is all you will get from Trubisky in his career is mistaken....

I think he has gotten better in some areas over the past three games and he still needs to improve in a few areas....

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Mitch took it down 60 yards in 7 minutes and got us in position to get the go ahead score....

If anyone thinks you what you see is all you will get from Trubisky in his career is mistaken....

I think he has gotten better in some areas over the past three games and he still needs to improve in a few areas....

Mitch got lucky with some pretty ticky tacking penalties. Thank you referees.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch got lucky with some pretty ticky tacking penalties. Thank you referees.

here is the go ahead drive.....1 penalty on second down....not ticky tack

• [h=3]1st & 10 at CHI 16[/h]
    (11:23 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete deep left to A.Robinson II (B.Benwikere).
  • [h=3]2nd & 10 at CHI 16[/h]
    (11:21 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short middle to T.Burton to CHI 28 for 12 yards (B.Benwikere).
  • [h=3]1st & 10 at CHI 28[/h]
    (10:41 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Howard up the middle to CHI 36 for 8 yards (G.Hodges).
  • [h=3]2nd & 2 at CHI 36[/h]
    (10:05 - 4th) J.Howard up the middle to CHI 43 for 7 yards (G.Hodges).
  • [h=3]1st & 10 at CHI 43[/h]
    (9:25 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Howard right guard to CHI 41 for -2 yards (R.Gunter).
  • [h=3]2nd & 12 at CHI 41[/h]
    (8:45 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass incomplete deep middle to T.Gabriel [G.Hodges]. PENALTY on ARZ-T.Boston, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at CHI 41.
  • [h=3]1st & 10 at ARI 44[/h]
    (8:39 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to J.Bellamy to ARZ 42 for 2 yards (B.Mayowa).
  • [h=3]2nd & 8 at ARI 42[/h]
    (7:54 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky scrambles right end pushed ob at ARZ 35 for 7 yards (J.Bynes).
  • [h=3]3rd & 1 at ARI 35[/h]
    (7:18 - 4th) J.Howard up the middle to ARZ 34 for 1 yard (B.Baker).
  • [h=3]1st & 10 at ARI 34[/h]
    (6:38 - 4th) J.Howard up the middle to ARZ 29 for 5 yards (C.Jones).
  • [h=3]2nd & 5 at ARI 29[/h]
    (5:59 - 4th) J.Howard up the middle to ARZ 31 for -2 yards (B.Baker).
  • [h=3]3rd & 7 at ARI 31[/h]
    (5:18 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to T.Cohen to ARZ 25 for 6 yards (H.Reddick; C.Jones).
  • [h=3][/h]
    (4:34 - 4th) Timeout #2 by CHI at 04:34.
  • [h=3]4th & 1 at ARI 25[/h]
    (4:31 - 4th) Cody Parkey 43 Yd Field Goal

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears need to find some sort of sustainable level of offensive production to provide some balance with the defense.

It is becoming more and more clear every week that the offense is not going to be "good" this season. They are far more of a work in progress than I think even they expected.

So how do we get to a sustainable level of offense to maximize where the defense can take us?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So how do we get to a sustainable level of offense to maximize where the defense can take us?

Either Nagy backs off his system and just plays football while installing smaller aspects of his system as the offense gets it. Or we don't until it all clicks at once.
I'm open either way. His version of Reid's system could be a Martz genius thing that turns into a dynasty for a while. I doubt if it's an absolute copy and I'm sure it will get adjusted as he goes. He is the real rookie here.

I think Bear fans need a warning on their TV screen. Warning: Things on the TV are not as bad as they appear.
The stats and win/loss column say it's not that bad. We just have unrealistic expectations because #2 pick. No QB is going to make every throw, especially not a 2nd year QB the 1st year in a system.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Either Nagy backs off his system and just plays football while installing smaller aspects of his system as the offense gets it. Or we don't until it all clicks at once.
I'm open either way. His version of Reid's system could be a Martz genius thing that turns into a dynasty for a while. I doubt if it's an absolute copy and I'm sure it will get adjusted as he goes. He is the real rookie here.

I think Bear fans need a warning on their TV screen. Warning: Things on the TV are not as bad as they appear.
The stats and win/loss column say it's not that bad. We just have unrealistic expectations because #2 pick. No QB is going to make every throw, especially not a 2nd year QB the 1st year in a system.

The missed throws are as bad as they seem.

How do we get him to make those 2-3 throws that swing us from above average to incompetent?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The missed throws are as bad as they seem.

How do we get him to make those 2-3 throws that swing us from above average to incompetent?

Hopefully the loss of last year's accuracy is "part of the process" and the coaching staff knows when to call it quits and try something different if it's not working out.

The misses were as bad as they seem but in the big picture they may not be.
New system, new coaches. WRs have to turn around and stand still. He misses players he should hit in stride. What's the Occam's Razor explanation? What changed?
The coaches are changing something to make him better in the long run that makes him worse in the short run. If that's the case, even the misses are not as bad as it seems if it's the difference between 6 years of Grossman accuracy vs a career of Peyton Manning accuracy at the cost of a year or two of Grossman accuracy.

Worrisome to us because we don't know what's going on.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Bears are moving the ball on O. Need to finish with TD

Being a dog at home vs Tampa (home team gets automatic 3 points) hope it fires up the team, Tampa will face a real Defense , The beard will come back to reality sometime but will the bears Offense show up, like the Bears in this one at home.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Prince was playing phenomenal. He ghosted Brandon Marshall, it was like he wasn't even playing. If he can play at 90% against the Bucs, he needs to be in there for passing snaps. That gives him 2 weeks to heal after the game. Tolliver will get his chances later.

You don't mess around with hammy injuries especially to a player like Prince that we need healthy. Hammy's are way too tricky to take any chances with and if he feels anything on gameday then he needs to sit for week 4 and our week 5 bye and he'll be good for week 6.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I hope Nagy lets him keep on throwing the ball deep as long as it's not taking us out of games. He need to get better with his deep ball accuracy and letting him throw multiple deep balls during games is the best way for him to get better. Turn the kid loose and let him throw the thing 35-40 times a game with at least 4-5-6 deep balls.

Reactions: Myk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bears are moving the ball on O. Need to finish with TD

Being a dog at home vs Tampa (home team gets automatic 3 points) hope it fires up the team, Tampa will face a real Defense , The beard will come back to reality sometime but will the bears Offense show up, like the Bears in this one at home.

I hope the Bucs are still undefeated next week by beating the steelers tonight. By the way C.Conte just got absolutely ragdolled by V.McDonald.....lol. He stiff armed his ass and then mushed his face and threw him to the ground with one hand for a 75 yard TD catch. Hilarious.