Biggs: Bears need a RB for 15 touches per game

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jordan-Howard-Yards-768x432.png
[/IMG]

Whatever happens at RB, the O-line/Nagy have got to get better at helping whoever is running the ball.

Doesn't have Sitton, Whitehair, and Long all blocking for him like he did in 2016.

Helps having 3 pro bowl talents on the interior oline.

Pretty sure most above average NFL RB's in the league would have put up good production behind that line in 2016.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jordan-Howard-Yards-768x432.png
[/IMG]

Whatever happens at RB, the O-line/Nagy have got to get better at helping whoever is running the ball.

That is assuming that after contact meant the OL messed up. There were times where Howard flat missed the hole.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel
@greggabe
The best back in this draft for Bears offense is Derrell Henderson from Memphis but I doubt he gets to late 3
9:28 AM · Feb 13, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Please Darrell run a slow 40.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That is assuming that after contact meant the OL messed up. There were times where Howard flat missed the hole.

It's not that he just flat missed the hole, even when he gets to the correct hole, he has zero burst to make it into a bigger gain.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
It's not that he just flat missed the hole, even when he gets to the correct hole, he has zero burst to make it into a bigger gain.

He has burst, but he sure didn't seem to early in 2018.

Going on my memory and the ESPN game by game stats, he did really well when he knows where he is going. He excelled in Week One after Nagy had prepped for the offense over the preseason. He did really well vs. Miami again when Nagy had extra planning time over the bye week before. And his best games were when we faced a dominant pass rusher in the games vs. Rams and Vikings when Nagy de-clawed the pass rush by running at it.

His worst games are some of Mitch's best performances: TB, Det 1, GB 2.

Some of his bad games also coincide with not so great performances from Mitch as well: SEA, ARI, BUF but usually wins because of elite D.

My point is two-fold:

1) When Nagy plans for the run to be a factor and preps Howard on where he is running, he does fine.

2) The offense relies heavily on passing and Mitch needs to have learned and grown in order for the offense to take off.

Mitch gets a pass largely for 18 being it was Year 1 in Nagy's system and rightfully so imo.

Why doesn't Howard? Why can't he learn how to read O-line holes better after a year into the system? etc etc

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has burst, but he sure didn't seem to early in 2018.

Going on my memory and the ESPN game by game stats, he did really well when he knows where he is going. He excelled in Week One after Nagy had prepped for the offense over the preseason. He did really well vs. Miami again when Nagy had extra planning time over the bye week before. And his best games were when we faced a dominant pass rusher in the games vs. Rams and Vikings when Nagy de-clawed the pass rush by running at it.

His worst games are some of Mitch's best performances: TB, Det 1, GB 2.

Some of his bad games also coincide with not so great performances from Mitch as well: SEA, ARI, BUF but usually wins because of elite D.

My point is two-fold:

1) When Nagy plans for the run to be a factor and preps Howard on where he is running, he does fine.

2) The offense relies heavily on passing and Mitch needs to have learned and grown in order for the offense to take off.

Mitch gets a pass largely for 18 being it was Year 1 in Nagy's system and rightfully so imo.

Why doesn't Howard? Why can't he learn how to read O-line holes better after a year into the system? etc etc

I think he lacks the desired physical tools, which will not come with more time.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
been saying this since the season ended.

heres to hoping other teams pass on him due to him playing against lesser competition. He is a perfect fit for this offense.

watch him get drafted by the Chiefs

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From the combine presser...

Pace said they interviewed 4 or 5 RBs last night.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

I like Howard and I think the CCS retro-narrative is ridiculous on a couple different levels, but I also think that Howard is now like Jason Heyward of the Cubs. Even if he 'bounces back' a little in 2019, his 2018 was so unimpressive that I don't think it will amount to much.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I like Howard and I think the CCS retro-narrative is ridiculous on a couple different levels, but I also think that Howard is now like Jason Heyward of the Cubs. Even if he 'bounces back' a little in 2019, his 2018 was so unimpressive that I don't think it will amount to much.

Fair enough and history says you will be right.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They will be running the 40 soon.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Justice Hill 4.40 with a 40 inch vert. Nice!