bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’d be shocked…. And happy. Might force a WR down.
I’m a Nabers guy. But don’t sell Bowers short. He’s a unicorn and not your typical TE. He can line up anywhere and is a plus blocker. Outside of MHJ, he also might have the best hands in the draft. He’s going to be a star in the league.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It makes sense. (The move not the paywalled article.)
Fields is not his QB. If he passes and the #1 has a great rookie year that's 2 he missed out on and both were hyped. He'd really better hope Fields turns into a great one then.

I think it's more the opposite of what he said in his presser, to not take the highly hyped QB it will have to be obviously not the next great one.

The problem with the move is Poles and Flus having no urgency in getting an offense in place already because we need more DBs.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Bowers really fits the offense Waldron ran in Seattle. It was tight end heavy and we could use a primary pass catching TE on this roster. It would not surprise me if he was the pick at #9 if available. WR, DE, LT could also be the pick depending on what falls. I would not rule out this pick getting traded down as well. Basically, it’s completely up in the air.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think bowers going before the bears could force one of the top 2 LTs down.

Likely 2 of bowers, fashanu, odunze and turner will be available to choose from at 9
I kind of feel like both the Giants and Titans would be crazy to pass on a LT. Though it wouldn't shock me to see the Giants take a WR. I'm hoping the Bears get their pick between Bowers and Odunze.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I kind of feel like both the Giants and Titans would be crazy to pass on a LT. Though it wouldn't shock me to see the Giants take a WR. I'm hoping the Bears get their pick between Bowers and Odunze.
This is a realistic best case scenario imo.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do the Bears trade Kmet? I'm shocked a TE is even being considered in the draft.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Do the Bears trade Kmet? I'm shocked a TE is even being considered in the draft.

he just got an extension. would make poles look bad

kmet is part of the core boo

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think if nabers or daniels are available at 6 they take them. Odunze is also a possibility
No. Kmet and bowers really don't have much overlap at all in how they'd be used.
Coleman will be available at 9, and Thomas as well. Nabors and Odunze will be gone IMHO
Coleman will probably be available in the 2nd round.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Also Bears likely won’t spend much on a RB. And highly unlikely they take Bowers.
Biggs does a little 20/20 hindsighting in this piece...

Rise

Liked Posts:

2 TE sets. Kmet is the jack of all trades. Bowers would basically be a receiver (Replacing Tunyan but with higher usage rate). Keep Lewis for blocking.