Biggs says Fangio retained

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m happy. Bears had a top-10 defense last season and were banged up like hell. Continuity is great for the players. And If the offense can start being just decent, it’ll take a huge load off the defense.

Agreed 100%

Continuity is important when it's working and Fangio did well with what he has had to work with. All the players on the Def know what to expect and there will be no learning curve as would have been the case if Vic walked.

Plus it's a sweet gig for Vic because with a young offensive guy as the HC now, Vic will be the undisputed king of his 25ish guys on the roster.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's to hoping the O improves enough to keep the D off the field longer than 3 and out.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And to think some people wanted Ryan Pace fired and some idiots still do.

What is happening is that decades of curmudgeonly narrative on the Chicago Bears are suddenly imploding all at once, and those who even partially have clung to the old meatball axioms and mutter in their sleep about the mccaskeys, are suffering from an extreme case of cognitive dissonance.

Reality has gone so far away from their own internal narrative on the Chicago Bears that they don't even know how to cope.

I would imagine it's going to take some adjusting, and some who are too comfortable with the way things were, bad as they were, are going to have some trouble.

Now this doesn't mean that what the Bears are doing isn't going to end up in a glorious Fireball of Destruction, but at least it is such a radical departure from anything the Chicago Bears have ever done that we are going to be supremely entertained no matter what.

The mccaskeys, yes those mccaskey's, are going for it. All in. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to redefine a franchise. And they are doing it the right way.

Go figure. :D

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Can sum all that up in 2 words........Learned Helplessness

(then use more words to give my 2 cents) :beerbang:

As fans all we can do is watch or not. Sucks to be without Bears football, so we watch begrudgingly.
It's been a couple decades, of bad teams, even decent teams who were managed terribly and/or always missing just a few pieces needed...QB just not quite the guy we want/need...poor depth & injuries at key position(s)...til fans get what they want by way of regime change, only to be stuck for years with another struggling crew.

The roster's been moving in the right direction and coaching/injuries have slowed the results the last few years. Depth is building, 1 year deals are proving tryout filler players as keepers or walkers, and the holes to fill aren't quite as plentiful.

Aside from not needing a QB now, the off-season will be just a little more intriguing this year...

22l6lx.jpg
[/url]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Arizona had the 6th ranked defense in Yards, 19th in points (although only 3 points more than Chicago). Not sure where you get 27th from.

NFL.com lists yardage backwards on defensive stats which is incredibly stupid. Invalidates any argument that Arizona was a worse job. Maybe its why he took so much time.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I'm 34 and still use it all the time.

well, you are 34.

anyway, the good thing about fangio sticking around is that means we likely get the 3 years out of him since a HC gig likely isnt happening for him, whereas a young guy like bettcher might be gone after 1 good year.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Might want to change your Sig, unless you are going for the #calledit

I had half of my #calledit right. Vic was the 1b, so I'm still PUMPED. Bears are finally headed in the right direction. Going from Gase to Loggains really through a wrench in Pace's initial plan. Now with Nagy/Fangio, we're back to where we were without the old Fox sticking his nose in the gameplans and uninspiring 2nd half collapses.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Is this the Bears? The Chicago Bears? Is the world about to end? Has hell has frozen over. What the hells bells is happening, we are getting everything we want. Something just does not feel right about all this.

So THIS is what it feels like to be a Packers fan!!!

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Pace and Nagy have nailed the coordinators and assistant coaches. Really excited.

What are you thoughts on the OC? I thought the Bears would go with a veteran guy due to Nagy being a rookie coach and a relatively inexperienced play caller.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Incredible stat i dug up on Fangios Defense:

Bears are the only '17 top 10 defense in scoring and/or yardage that were in the bottom half of the league in TOP, and they were actually in the bottom 5..... That's a ridiculous stat that I doubt gets repeated very often.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bumping this thread next year is going to be hilarious.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So THIS is what it feels like to be a Packers fan!!!

I would rather we start winning games and not the offseason before we can make this claim.

I will say it's refreshing how the last 10 days or so have been for Bear fans, while the Packers have been steeped in dysfunction during the same period.

Mitchapalooza

I would rather we start winning games and not the offseason before we can make this claim.

I will say it's refreshing how the last 10 days or so have been for Bear fans, while the Packers have been steeped in dysfunction during the same period.

ehh, Pettine seems like a decent pick up. Hoping their new GM sucks though.