dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I can't answer the first question but I will say he should be on the interview list if indeed he is let go.

The coach and GM must be on the same page. This is paramount.

Absolutely agree 100%. R.Pace seems like a guy that would be pretty easy to get along with as well. Seems like a guy that would listen to what his HC has to say about personel and whatever else but he'd have the final decision.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
O'Brien is not Fox, so comparing them is not reasonable.

While he would be a "retread" he is an offensive mind that would help Trubisky. If we want to build around Trubisky then giving him a HC that calls the plays will give him the stability to grow.

Not completely a stupid idea, actual it is the kind of coach that the Bears Ownership would like, and I'm not sure Pace would hate the pick either because his future is tied to Trubisky, and Obrien would be good for him.

I wouldn't mind if he brought M.Vrabel with him to take over the DC job as well.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree that he done "little."

He took over a 2-14 team they went 9-7 his first season. That's pretty impressive.

Then look at the QB's he had: Ryan Fitzpatrick, who O'Brien made look pretty good, Brian Hoyer who has his best season under O'Brien and led the Texans to the playoffs, and then Brock Osweiler, who is just trash, but the Texans still made it to the playoffs, despite not having a healthy JJ Watt.

If O'Brien had a consistent, competent QB, the Texans could have been much scarier. But it's hard to get far with Fitz, Hoyer, and Osweiler. But given what he was working with, he did a hell of a job.
If you're a fan of 9-7 records, he's your man. They're in a shit division and it's the best he's done with a lot of talent. Never a real threat in the playoffs. I have to believe HC has huge say in the QB he wants. When Watson managed to put up a ton of points, this team still found a way to lose.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
If you're a fan of 9-7 records, he's your man. They're in a shit division and it's the best he's done with a lot of talent. Never a real threat in the playoffs. I have to believe HC has huge say in the QB he wants. When Watson managed to put up a ton of points, this team still found a way to lose.

Hell I wouldn't mind 9-7 right now. I am so tired of being out of playoff contention by mid October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not a horrible choice not a great one either. I’m still on mcdaniels band wagon I think trubisky is s good match for him

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Word is Rick Smith and O'Brien have never been on the same page. Smith, apparently does things his way with little input from coaches.

Word is O'Brien really wanted Carr in 2014, instead Smith took a Gaurd at the top of the 2nd round and then took Savage in the 4th.

Their relationship hasn't been the same since.

O'Brien is a really good coach who needs a GM with a similar vision.

O’Brien deemed Brock Lobster “the answer”. There are also rumors that he didn’t initially want Watson.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
That’s why one of my favorites is Pat Shurmer. Won 9 games in two years with Cleveland. Had Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy as QB’s and almost no defense.
Doing great in Minny with a backup QB and RB and makeshift OL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind shurmur either. I don't wnat mcdaniels but at this point anyone is an upgrade over the worst coach in bears history.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Good lord, no!

Has never proven to be a good coach. Somehow got a rep as a QB guru....oh yeah, he worked for the team with Tom Brady, so the credit is all his.

On top of that, I think he’s a blockhead.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Hell I wouldn't mind 9-7 right now. I am so tired of being out of playoff contention by mid October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don’t need to hire a guy whose ceiling is9-7, if his team catches some breaks.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Edit: dont know if you were talking about mcdaniels or obrien.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Good lord, no!

Has never proven to be a good coach. Somehow got a rep as a QB guru....oh yeah, he worked for the team with Tom Brady, so the credit is all his.

On top of that, I think he’s a blockhead.

Let's ignore how well he did with Watson this year

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I dont want anymore fired Head coaches. The bears tried that with fox. There is a reason those guys got fired. Find an up and coming coordinator or a college HC.

Everyone knew what John Fox was he hardly ran a compete offense even in his prime he runs a good defense and run game though.

I'm sicks of these lazy assumptions on this site if a coach is old/fired it doesn't make him John Fox and if a coach is reserved it doesn't make him Marc Trestman.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Let's not play semantics. Fox wasn't "fired" from Denver either but they couldn't get rid of him fast enough and won the super bowl with the same team (and a worse manning) minus fox. O' Brien is not the guy. He might be good but not this soon after he is going to be fired.

Everybody has it all wrong. Don't hire O'Brien as HC. Hire him as our OC.

The problem with all of these up and coming coaches being hired as OCs is that they soon get drafted as a HC (see Gage). Since O'Brien or any offensive minded head coach that gets fired has a reputation that has taken some damage and also has the bad taste of the failure as a HC.

These are perfect for the Bears to hire as an OC because they will be around for a few years until they can rebuild their reputations.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Everybody has it all wrong. Don't hire O'Brien as HC. Hire him as our OC.

The problem with all of these up and coming coaches being hired as OCs is that they soon get drafted as a HC (see Gage). Since O'Brien or any offensive minded head coach that gets fired has a reputation that has taken some damage and also has the bad taste of the failure as a HC.

These are perfect for the Bears to hire as an OC because they will be around for a few years until they can rebuild their reputations.

This is a poor reason to hire a guy. Good organizations like packers, steelers, raverns, pats never worry about coordinators leaving.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Pat Shurmer HC, Bill O'Brien OC, Mike Vrabel DC

I could get behind that.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This is a poor reason to hire a guy. Good organizations like packers, steelers, raverns, pats never worry about coordinators leaving.

Since I am talking about offensive minded head coaches who lose their jobs, I am talking about offensive minded coach who take over the OC position and stay there for a while, giving Trubisky consistency in the offense.

Up until you have one of the top QBs that have shown they are one of the top QBs, you risk everything when you change OCs. The Packers, Steelers and the Pats have 3 of the top QBs in the game.

The Ravens block anybody who is trying to interview their management positions and their team has a defensive background.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pat Shurmer HC, Bill O'Brien OC, Mike Vrabel DC

I could get behind that.

I don’t want Bill O’Brien anywhere near Mitchell Trubisky. Yes, he finally showed that he could adapt to a QB this season, but one half season is not enough for me. He usually runs a very over complicated offensive system. Deshaun Watson is the first and only QB that O’Brien changed his system for. Once Petty went in there, it was back to the over complicated system.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I don’t want Bill O’Brien anywhere near Mitchell Trubisky. Yes, he finally showed that he could adapt to a QB this season, but one half season is not enough for me.

Shurmur would be involved as well who I believe has done more with less this year than any other coach in the NFL. He incorporates both west coast and spread concepts and has been shown that he can be extremely flexible. I think he is the ideal offensive mind for Trubisky.

Bill has been a coveted offensive mind. His personnel decisions may have sucked as a HC but he knows the game.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

He's had no quarterback for almost his entire career at Houston. He finally got one, but dude's out for the season in a freak injury.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As a oc if anything