Bill Simmons' Noah Trade Proposal

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Hey Bulls – I hate to give them up, but I'll trade you Tyler Zeller and Avery Bradley for Joakim Noah's expiring. Cuts your lux tax by 3m.

— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) November 4, 2015

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Hey Bulls – I hate to give them up, but I'll trade you Tyler Zeller and Avery Bradley for Joakim Noah's expiring. Cuts your lux tax by 3m.

— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) November 4, 2015

While I love Noah, I'd totally do this. We may have to add a second-round pick for this to really happen, but who cares.

Bradley, 24-years-old, gives Hoiberg a guard who can score. Zeller, 25-years-old, would go to the bench and give Hoiberg a younger and healthier option behind Gasol than Noah. This could also give Portis more minutes.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Could end the Aaron Brooks era.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Let me thi.....

Hell yes.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
This would be a great deal. Not too bad for Noah either, he could go to a competitive team and be a veteran presence there. Although Boston hates him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Overall problem is this: the idea of the expiring contract really doesn't mean as much as it did maybe 2-3 years ago because the cap is about to jump due to the new TV deals.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Overall problem is this: the idea of the expiring contract really doesn't mean as much as it did maybe 2-3 years ago because the cap is about to jump due to the new TV deals.

It doesn't take a big jump next year and expiring contracts will always be valuable.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Expiring is still expiring. Even if the cap does take a huge jump that just gives you a little more wiggle room to work with. There's still some value there.

I'd do that trade in a heart beat. Bradley is a great defender and a solid shooter. Him and Butler would be a ridiculous defensive pairing for opposing wings.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The cap doesn't take a big jump until 2017 I believe.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Life comes at you fast.....a few years ago couldn't trade Noah for 'Melo...now trading him for some tax relief and a couple rotational players.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Life comes at you fast.....a few years ago couldn't trade Noah for 'Melo...now trading him for some tax relief and a couple rotational players.

It sucks but if Pau opts out then the Bulls can have Portis and Zeller at the center spots. :elephant:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It sucks but if Pau opts out then the Bulls can have Portis and Zeller at the center spots. :elephant:

that is scary as hell. I wouldn't do that trade. Jo still is doing things that nobody else on the team is doing. but all you guys want to see is 120 points scored so lets play Pau, Niko, Dougie, Butler, and Rose and give up 130 :shrug:

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
that is scary as hell. I wouldn't do that trade. Jo still is doing things that nobody else on the team is doing. but all you guys want to see is 120 points scored so lets play Pau, Niko, Dougie, Butler, and Rose and give up 130 :shrug:

Small forward spot for the Bulls is ehh. You have Doug, Snell, and soon MDJ. Snell is the better defender of the 3 but it can go either way it seems.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Small forward spot for the Bulls is ehh. You have Doug, Snell, and soon MDJ. Snell is the better defender of the 3 but it can go either way it seems.

when healthy MDJ is still our best 3 spot. personally, I think snell is overrated as a defender. MDJ while granted isn't near as fast as tony, still seems to manage to get to the right spot on the court on time...think of all the charges he takes. and he has just as much length as snell does. and MDJ is clearly the better offensive player of the two. dougie can get hot and hit some shots but his defense is still severely lacking making his role an off the bench scorer IMO