Blackhawk Parade Street Banners

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anyone heard if you can purchase these somehow? If you have any idea, please let me know.

IMG00496-20100611-0955.jpg

phranchk

Liked Posts:
I would not be surprised to see them up at NHL auctions in the near future.

Tommy 0

Liked Posts:
Im not sure but i know last year the City of chicago had a street banner auction i am supposed to go to city hall tomorrow for a sewer Permit if its ready, i will ask around if they are doing that again with thesem

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
I call first dibs on the Hossa banner!

-5Minutes

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Tommy 0"]Im not sure but i know last year the City of chicago had a street banner auction i am supposed to go to city hall tomorrow for a sewer Permit if its ready, i will ask around if they are doing that again with thesem[/quote]

The City has auctioned its street banners for 20+ years. This years auction at the Daley Center will be November 17th.

They sometimes used to just list them on the city's Public Surplus auction site (http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/browse/cataucs?catid=5)

Now the banners get their own big live auction to-do at Daley with the proceeds going to local charities. This is the event on 11/17/10.

Details here: http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en/t ... ction.html

A cautionary note though: there is no guaranteed way of knowing what banners they will auction off---while they'll pick some, they don't necessarily do all the ones from the current year or even past year. Some they deem more collectible than others and purposely choose to hold back in the hopes of raising their value and people's anticipation at a future auction.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]I call first dibs on the Hossa banner!

-5Minutes[/quote]

Why? Hossa SUCKED in the playoffs in goals and assists!!!!111!!!!111

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="bookjones"]

The City has auctioned its street banners for 20+ years. This years auction at the Daley Center will be November 17th.

They sometimes used to just list them on the city's Public Surplus auction site (http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/browse/cataucs?catid=5)

Now the banners get their own big live auction to-do at Daley with the proceeds going to local charities. This is the event on 11/17/10.

Details here: http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en/t ... ction.html

A cautionary note though: there is no guaranteed way of knowing what banners they will auction off---while they'll pick some, they don't necessarily do all the ones from the current year or even past year. Some they deem more collectible than others and purposely choose to hold back in the hopes of raising their value and people's anticipation at a future auction.[/quote]

Thanks Book!

Tommy 0

Liked Posts:
alrighty then no need for me to post what i found out

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

Why? Hossa SUCKED in the playoffs in goals and assists!!!!111!!!!111[/quote]

Strange thing is there are a lot of people out there that actually think that. Radio show call in, other message boards, etc I've seen comments like that. Only the truly knowledageble know that he was outstanding in the playoffs and regular season for this team.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Strange thing is there are a lot of people out there that actually think that. Radio show call in, other message boards, etc I've seen comments like that. Only the truly knowledageble know that he was outstanding in the playoffs and regular season for this team.[/quote]

Unfortunately the majority of those radio show call ins just became "fans" of hockey around the beginning of April. I am sometimes tempted to call in and stay on hold for 45 minutes or however ridiculously long they make you wait just to tear those new fans a new asshole. God how many times I heard "Neemi" and "Halmarsson" and "Kopekky" just to name a few.

Bandwagoners and new fans are just fine as long as they don't call in to radio shows or try to talk about hockey at bars like they've been watching for 20+ years. I have led tons of people to the sport of hockey over the past couple of seasons due to the tremendous successes of the team. The people I teach about the sport don't go around acting like they know everything, they ask tons of questions and I'm happy to answer them.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I think it's fair to say that these banners will be doled out by City Hall to those politically connected. Family and friends and campaign contributors to City Hall alderman and the mayor will get first dibs. Whatever is left will be auctioned off.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]I think it's fair to say that these banners will be doled out by City Hall to those politically connected. Family and friends and campaign contributors to City Hall alderman and the mayor will get first dibs. Whatever is left will be auctioned off.[/quote]

Cronyism? IN CHICAGO????!!!!

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]I think it's fair to say that these banners will be doled out by City Hall to those politically connected. Family and friends and campaign contributors to City Hall alderman and the mayor will get first dibs. Whatever is left will be auctioned off.[/quote]

You make campaign contribution, you get reward. Isn't that basically the criminal charges against Blago?

-5Minutes

ps: Not defending him, but just sayin'

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]

You make campaign contribution, you get reward. Isn't that basically the criminal charges against Blago?

-5Minutes

ps: Not defending him, but just sayin'[/quote]

Not even close to what Blago did. In his case it was make campaign contribution through my buddy Tony Reszko, then I will give you state business in the millions. Then my buddy Reszko will launder that campaign contribution so me and 3 others can siphon off the funds and pocket the money. The laundering operation would include ghost realtor fees to my wife Patti.