Mattia

Liked Posts:
at least we should retain 1.5-2 mln, I think

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/trade-talk-can-bickell-be-moved-1.424669

Bickell's agent came out saying they are seeking a trade, TSN has its take on it.

I don't think anyone is holding their breath that Bickell could be traded but there is always that chance I suppose. It would probably have to be one hell of a creative deal.

The Blackhawks have created deals that have kept cap money on other teams, so my guess is that Bickell is just at the end of a short, moderately successful career. They may have to eat half of his cap number, or try and find an equally disappointing player to trade for-- but I'm not sure who compares at a 4m cap hit.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks have created deals that have kept cap money on other teams, so my guess is that Bickell is just at the end of a short, moderately successful career. They may have to eat half of his cap number, or try and find an equally disappointing player to trade for-- but I'm not sure who compares at a 4m cap hit.

Maybe there's a disappointing Dman out there they could trade for. A least they MIGHT be a better replacement for Rosie. It's a waste paying Bickell to sit on the bench or in Rockford. It sounds like he really wants out too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The problem is Bickell isn't worth anything more than any AHL call up to anyone. The only way teams will take him is if we pay almost all his salary. Because his issues are part medical, it's best for Hawks if he sits in Rockford and we wait. We eat his salary in Rockford, or we pay to eat it while he plays for someone else. At the end of the day, we like him more than that.

It comes down to what WILL another cub pay? Will they pay 500,000 more than an AHL call up and we pay the rest? If he has no value to use, we should move him and have to pay 2,500,000 of his salary next year.

What's the number that works? His cap number this year spread across a season goes down a little each day, so the most likely landing time is literally the day of the trade deadline. We will find out then what his highest value is to another team.

The problem is, is he worth even 1,200,000 to anybody? If we get no savings for trading him, why not keep him? And that is why he is stuck.

The factors are...

1. At what savings point do we agree to trade.
2. What is he worth to the highest bidder.

Bowman is probably reluctant to accept almost no savings. That has to change. His highest bid has to be above a call up value to someone else. How is that going to change?

I would gladly take 125,000 savings this year, and 250,000 next year. Meaning we pay 2750000 for him not to play for us. The following year that money goes to TT or panarin or Gustafson. But will bowman throw in the towel and just save the pennies he can on a player almost worthless to our current club?

We can pay 3,000,000 to play for Rockford, or 2,750,000 for him to play for the Bruins, Blues, or Anaheim. Those are basically our choices.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice to see the Captain get a couple in the last game. And Paneran really looks like the real deal. They really have a chance for a repeat if everyone stays healthy. I'd like to see Hossa start lighting up the red light:)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, 1LW and 3C? Lol. For Bickell, Dano, Schmaltz, a first, a third, and Forsling and they agree to pay 6,000,000 in salary? Deal.

Seriously I came to talk about the probability of this streak continuing. It's as difficult as can be. at the bitter lightning who want to piss in our cup, and 3 games in 4 days. 5 in 8 that began today.

If we win that finals rematch, we match the longest win streak of the NHL season, and plat at the Panthers, the team who set it at 13. If we win that, we are awarded an ice dance with the fucking Blues for 15, and probably Carolina becomes a trap game at 16 as we are mending from that little stretch.

Good luck boys, I'll be happy with 3 or 4 points from that stretch and consider any continuation a miracle. Enjoy the show brothers.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see the Captain get a couple in the last game. And Paneran really looks like the real deal. They really have a chance for a repeat if everyone stays healthy. I'd like to see Hossa start lighting up the red light:)

I see that RK's cousin made it to the BBQ.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Bummed out, was supposed to go to the game tomorrow, no longer able

Hopefully the streak continues. Another fun East matchup

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is filling the bickell sized hole correct? Hopefully this means we see less of Manshitter.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
#Blackhawks recall Mark McNeill from Rockford. At long last.Mark McNeill, the #Blackhawks' other first-round pick in 2011 (Danault), has nine goals and 10 assists in 29 games with Rockford.

I don't think anyone really ever thought we would see McNeill at this point, certainly surprising. Wonder if a forward is injured or if someone will be sent down shortly. With McNeill, the Blackhawks would have two extra forwards and I'd be surprised if they plan on carrying two extra forwards with the cap implications.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has size but I haven't heard if he uses it that much, IMO ...no. He was drafted as a winger/center , more of a center but in the Rock I don't know how he's being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.