Blackhawks (29-16-7) @ Flames (23-22-6) - 02/03 - 8:00 PM

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Déjà vu, I’ve been here before. Does the shellacking given by the Oilers mean another lost tonight against the Calgary Flames? The Blackhawks are trying to do what they did on their last long road trip; drive everyone nuts…arrrgh. Hopefully the Hawks can pull their heads out of the canal of waste and end their four game losing streak. Will we see Emery tonight and will Emery be given the number one goalie spot for the rest of this long road trip? T.G.I.F.; At least it will not feel like a waste of time staying up late.

020212hawkflamesgdt.gif

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSulcMpcNwk[/media]​

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71CSbusWo4[/media]​

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhIHiZKfbaM[/media]​

This post has been promoted to an article

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
HIRE A WIN!!!!

FIRE Q!!!

HIRE IGINLA!!!

HIRE MULE!!!

FIRE LOSING!!

Haha.... jk.... kind of,

I honestly think the Hawks lose tonight and that is what I am expecting. A win will make me happy seeing as they haven't done that in a couple of weeks.

GO HAWKS!!!!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery in net please!

And no Bickell....

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
NO MORE CRAWFORD!!!!!!!! NO MORE CRAWORD!!!!!!!!!!!

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just win.

I see a bag skate in the future if there is another blowout loss.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
NO MORE CRAWFORD!!!!!!!! NO MORE CRAWORD!!!!!!!!!!!

You shout that after every loss. 15 years ago I'm sure you would have been on the "get rid of Belfour, he can't win the big game" bandwagon.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
You shout that after every loss. 15 years ago I'm sure you would have been on the "get rid of Belfour, he can't win the big game" bandwagon.

ummmm he did not win the big game...so whats your point

As far as Crawford, I though they played great against the Nucks, but is way to inconsistant, thats my beef with him. You simply can not let in a soft goal like the first one on Taylor Hall why Hall's stick was covered and was out of position, that was the moment shift, the team was playing fine up to that goal. I am telling you it seems like the team is uneasy with Crawford, once he lets in a soft goal, they know they are in for a rude awakining. I will get my wish really soon, Emery will get the starting job.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fat fucking chance with this coach.

Just win.

I see a bag skate in the future if there is another blowout loss.

There should have been a bag skate after the game last night with Q taking the Edmonton Visitors locker room apart

And yeah, I think Q's lost the 'stache fear. I don't get the vibe from him I got in the SC year where he had command presence.

Honestly, I don't care who's in net because last night both goalies let in about 1 goal every 5 shots. Crawford was really brutal, but so was Emery.

I got a gut feeling the implosion will continue--mainly because no one is stepping up and getting pissed at the schizophrenic play of the entire team.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Emery comes out and plays how he has played most of the season, but it doesn't matter. The Hawks play too conservatively, still give up a ton of shots, but fail to generate any offense. Team loses 3-1. All three Calgary goals coming off of shots from the point that go in because of a screen, are deflected, or the rebound is banged in.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I can't decide if I'm happy that they are getting right back out there, or concerned about not having enough time for the previous two loses to really kick them in the nuts.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
It's better to get right back out there. Letting a loss like that last one stew over a few days is bad news.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yes, I tend to agree... but if they don't have time to work on the things they obviously need to fix... I fear we may see a repeat performance.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Crawford not starting is the biggest thing they need to fix, and that's fixed. So we'll see.

Ton

Liked Posts:
If Emery plays like he did against the Oilers, we are screwed. Neither guy is going to make a difference IMO.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Crawford not starting is the biggest thing they need to fix, and that's fixed. So we'll see.

agreed, I really think he is done as a starter. now lets see us do something with that D, Stan hopefully is working overtime.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
If Emery plays like he did against the Oilers, we are screwed. Neither guy is going to make a difference IMO.

You know as well as I do that coming into a game like that SUCKS for a goalie. He was also left out to dry on two of those three goals. Two of them were tap-ins from five feet away, with not a defender in sight. The Gagner wrister was a snipe, but probably one he could have saved.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Seems like every team has a team they just can seem to figure out no matter what the teams record is. Hell look at Carolina they just swept Boston for the season last night. I can't imagine this team will not be ready to play tighter D after last night even if its a back to back. Emery should keep us in it.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Obviously, but if you really think Emery is going to be the guy to save our season, you're kidding yourself.