Blackhawks Acquire Pair of Forwards from NYI

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have acquired forwards Peter Regin (REE-gihn) and Pierre-Marc Bouchard (BOO-shahrd) from the New York Islanders in exchange for a fourth-round selection in the 2014 National Hockey League Entry Draft. Regin will join the Blackhawks, while Bouchard will report directly to the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League. In addition, the Blackhawks have reassigned forward Brandon Pirri to Rockford.
Regin, 27, has appeared in 44 games this season with New York, posting seven points (2g, 5a) in those contests. He tallied a season-high two points (1g, 1a) on Oct. 8 vs. Phoenix and appeared in his 200th career NHL game on Nov. 19 at Toronto.

The Herning, Denmark, native has earned 62 points (21g, 41a) in 222 career NHL games with Ottawa and New York. Regin also appeared in 56 games with the Binghamton Senators of the AHL during the 2008-09 season, recording 47 points (18g, 29a). Prior to his North American career, Regin registered 58 points (25g, 33a) in 150 career games with Timra of the Swedish Hockey League from 2005 to 2008. He has represented his native Denmark in international competition 14 times, including six appearances at the International Ice Hockey Federation World Championships (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010).

Regin was selected by the Ottawa Senators in the third round, 87th overall, of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.

Bouchard, 29, has recorded nine points (4g, 5a) in 28 games this season with the Islanders and 17 points (6g, 11a) in 20 games with the AHL’s Bridgeport Sound Tigers. He recorded an AHL season-high seven-game point streak (3g, 6a) with Bridgeport from Dec. 14 to Jan. 3 and has earned a season-best two points four times. Bouchard registered an NHL season-best three-game assist streak with the Islanders from Oct. 15 to Oct. 19.

The Sherbrooke, Quebec, native has tallied 356 career points (110g, 246a) in 593 NHL games with Minnesota and New York, and 71 points (18g, 53a) in 87 AHL games with Houston and Bridgeport. Prior to his professional career, Bouchard played two seasons with the Chicoutimi Sagueneens of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, earning 235 points (84g, 151a) in 136 career games. He represented Canada at the 2003 IIHF World Junior Championship, earning five points (2g, 3a) in six games while helping his team to a silver medal.

Bouchard was selected by the Minnesota Wild in the first round, eighth overall, of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.

Pirri, 22, has recorded 11 points (6g, 5a) in 28 games during two stints this season with the Blackhawks. The Toronto, Ontario, native has 13 points (4g, 9a) in 16 games with the IceHogs.

Good to see the Blackhawks are staying busy. Depth is certainly not a bad thing to have after Sochi, and hopefully this shores up some the special teams issues we have been having.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Regin a PKer?

Eh, either way. Pirri can atleast play during the break.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Next move should be putting Kostka's shitty ass on waivers.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Regin is a solid pick up. He played 3rd line PK minutes, is mediocre on the dot, and is faster than Zeus.

This move either puts Zeus in the press box or Bolig. If its Bolig, I will rejoice.

13-3!!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Regin is a solid pick up. He played 3rd line PK minutes, is mediocre on the dot, and is faster than Zeus.

This move either puts Zeus in the press box or Bolig. If its Bolig, I will rejoice.

13-3!!!

Not getting my hopes up.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The craziest thing about this move is that the Islanders are still going to pay half of the salaries for each of those players, thus negating the cap hit for the Hawks.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Brandon Pirri, demoted by CHI after Regin trade, may be dealt by March 5 deadline. CHI getting calls on him. For right offer, he could move.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
The craziest thing about this move is that the Islanders are still going to pay half of the salaries for each of those players, thus negating the cap hit for the Hawks.
I think its 75K on Regins contract on the books. That's pretty damn impressive.

PMB isnt going to see one second of ice time on the Hawks. He might be done. Winning teams make these types of trades. Depth is so damn important and giving Toews a break on the PK can only help.

13-3!!!

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Brandon Pirri, demoted by CHI after Regin trade, may be dealt by March 5 deadline. CHI getting calls on him. For right offer, he could move.
I am at the good riddance stage with Pirri. He has had more then one chances to prove himself and chooses to ignore his own zone. Against the Kings he was brutal on more then one occasion. Q has no confidence in him so recoup that fourth rounder and the trade turns into Regin for Pirri already.

13-3!!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I am at the good riddance stage with Pirri. He has had more then one chances to prove himself and chooses to ignore his own zone. Against the Kings he was brutal on more then one occasion. Q has no confidence in him so recoup that fourth rounder and the trade turns into Regin for Pirri already.

I still hold out hope that he's going to figure it out, but I've also reached the point where I'm not going to be too disappointed if he's shipped at the trade deadline.

And he'll probably fetch a pretty good return, too.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I still hold out hope that he's going to figure it out, but I've also reached the point where I'm not going to be too disappointed if he's shipped at the trade deadline.

And he'll probably fetch a pretty good return, too.
You think so? At this point I would be happy with a four back. I just don't see any value from a kid who failed playing with Patrick friggin Kane. And trust me, I was Pirri's biggest supporter before the mini bandwagon backed into the barn.

He needs a fresh start and he has offensive skill. I just see a whole bunch of Rob Brown without the horrible hair plugs. All the talent, but none of the heart or dedication.

13-3!!!