Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
:lmao: Ivy told me he also secretly loves the Sun Devils.

That is too far...especially on the day of the rivalry.

Did you know that the trophy that UA and ASU play for is recognized by the NCAA as the oldest trophy in College Sports?

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
dude, you selling that Thibault one?

The goalie stick got broke coming down here ...

1st off, seriously, you can't find one on Ebay? (But no- I'm not right now- not because of any sentimental attachment- but you have to be able to find int in North America somewhere.

I wasn't sure if I had a chase figure or not (it turns out I don't)... but in looking for it on spawn.com, I found the year after they released a Patrick Lalime figure (then Ottawa) - and all they did was switch out the heads -same pose as the Thibault one (the water bottle suck pose). Also found a Roenick vs Turco set in about 2004 ...

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is too far...especially on the day of the rivalry.

Did you know that the trophy that UA and ASU play for is recognized by the NCAA as the oldest trophy in College Sports?

Did you know that no one gives a flying fuck about az and az st?:turrible:
(just like no one outside the state of iowa gives a fuck about them but i dont go slammin it down everyone elses throats..... except maybe my sig)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you know that no one gives a flying fuck about az and az st?:turrible:
(just like no one outside the state of iowa gives a fuck about them but i dont go slammin it down everyone elses throats..... except maybe my sig)

:clap:

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:

Nice one Joe- that would be the chase version too I think. Since shipping is a little hight to Australia I've sort of put my Hull/Mikita thing on the back burner. Some day... maybe a Walter Payton too.

Now, I won't even talk about my small Cubs collection -it is more like a Shrine to Shooting Ones' Bolt (I think I got Kerry Woods and Mark Prior .... ) ... I suppose it could have been worse though ... a Leon Durham E3 model with the ball just past him. Did I mention that I have 'divorced' the Cubs ... :p

This guy I knew in KC .. he was really in to it - well even verging on scarily pathetic -he'd be at work and phone around to all of the WalMarts, TRU's and EB Games, even taking off work after he'd sweet talked some stock person in to letting him sniff through the boxes as the opened them.

The best non-Hawks/hockey figure I have is an Emmit Smith chase in a Dallas uniform (I might even still have him in the Cardinals' uniform -but suspect that I unloaded that one).

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
big mcfarlane collector. i mean i'm loaded.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking if I were to start back in - I'd try to get whatever of the 80's players that are out there - I Got Grant Fuhr and Mike Bossy, but could stand to have as many of those 80's Oilers as they have (although I did actually hate the team ... since the Hawks were never even remotely good enough to knock them off in a lone game let alone a playoff series.)

Almost all (actually all come to think of it) are packed away.

Oh man, forgot- I got the Hanson Brothers too ... those 3 are probably my best.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bobby Hull mcfarlane signed. (unopened) <3

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
when you get time hook us up with more pics.

Seconded.... (although don't take me as an example- I can't get any photos arranged let alone posted -so who the hell I am? :D ).

As far as autographs go I got mostly 8 x10's (all Hawks but for Gordie Howe). I got a Stan Mikita (and I think Pat Stapleton and one other guy -think it was Doug Moens) when I was a kid; they were doing a promo over at Celozi-Ettleson -it must have been the real early 70's - there isn't a date on the postcard (and the only reason I know it was from that dealership- was because -well ... that was the postcard). . . I'll have to look it up. I think we also ran in to Stan Mikita once at like a Memorial Day parade ( I would have been 9 or so at the oldest).

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seconded.... (although don't take me as an example- I can't get any photos arranged let alone posted -so who the hell I am? :D ).

As far as autographs go I got mostly 8 x10's (all Hawks but for Gordie Howe). I got a Stan Mikita (and I think Pat Stapleton and one other guy -think it was Doug Moens) when I was a kid; they were doing a promo over at Celozi-Ettleson -it must have been the real early 70's - there isn't a date on the postcard (and the only reason I know it was from that dealership- was because -well ... that was the postcard). . . I'll have to look it up. I think we also ran in to Stan Mikita once at like a Memorial Day parade ( I would have been 9 or so at the oldest).

Thats awesome!

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I think I have a photo of it (the card) somewhere- but I got like a million photos... if I do find it I will try to remember to do something with it.... nothing like a lot full of brand spanking new 1970 Chevy's ... to make you feel damned old.

I think Tony O was moving a couple of blocks away right about the time we moved out of town too -- used to live in Elmhurst when I was little.

Status
Not open for further replies.