Blackhawks @ Jets IGT 3/29 at 6:30 p.m.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
That argument works for Shaw but is somehow invalid when talking about Sharp at center? Oh that's right, because it works against your pro-Q crusade.

Or...maybe because Sharp has been the best and only LW for the Hawks for a long time

You want Sharp at center, Bickell gone ....who's your LW depth?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Your anti Q and PK rants ignore the fact they've been one of the top PK units while he's been here. But you know better because you dont like the system they play

TCD

Liked Posts:
Or...maybe because Sharp has been the best and only LW for the Hawks for a long time

You want Sharp at center, Bickell gone ....who's your LW depth?

I have tried that one on Pez before and he never really came up with a solution other than "some farm guy". Now that the Hawks also lack rw depth with Kane out and having to use natural LWers at that position its even more imparative that Q slots Sharp at center I am sure

I think 2010 still has some fans under the impression that this club is loaded with players who can be slotted in the proper positions with a blueliner left over that can also be an effective forward in a pinch. That team spoiled the fuck out of this fan base when it came to depth. Never going to see that again for a very very long time. Don't think many teams ever see it..we were lucky fuckers. Now we are part of the real hockey world where every team has a hole or two somewhere and have to find ways to work around it...and it isn't easy when you are dealing with cap and personal lives and stupid media starting rumors (Sharp wife humping isn't a rumor though).

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Yeah...the way everyone wanted Morin to get his shot and how bad Q was screwing him over...

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I have tried that one on Pez before and he never really came up with a solution other than "some farm guy". Now that the Hawks also lack rw depth with Kane out and having to use natural LWers at that position its even more imparative that Q slots Sharp at center I am sure

I think 2010 still has some fans under the impression that this club is loaded with players who can be slotted in the proper positions with a blueliner left over that can also be an effective forward in a pinch. That team spoiled the fuck out of this fan base when it came to depth. Never going to see that again for a very very long time. Don't think many teams ever see it..we were lucky fuckers. Now we are part of the real hockey world where every team has a hole or two somewhere and have to find ways to work around it.

You hit the nail on the head. I wonder if people ever watch other teams. You can poke holes on every single team, find deficiencies and reasons why they lose. Through it all, the Hawks are still near the top come playoff time that everyone fears

TCD

Liked Posts:
Yeah...the way everyone wanted Morin to get his shot and how bad Q was screwing him over...

But it was Qs fault for playing him on the 4th line and giving him all the chances in the world a professional player could ask for but not making the best out of it to leave an impression.

Variable

Liked Posts:
To recap:
Three wild exaggerations to form generalizations that no one in this forum has made.

Get used to that. Seriously, this is how it was every. single. thread at IHN with those guys whenever coaching was brought up. Every single time. No one can criticize Q, no one. He is an Untouchable.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
2 Cups
751 wins (3rd all time)
99 playoff wins (4th all time)
Missed playoffs 1 time in 18yrs as coach

Coaching being brought up is fine. But thinking the team "needs new direction" when he still wins, players play hard and love playing for him? Is moronic.

Pez brings up coaching and not liking his systems/style of play. We disagree. But at least he has the ability to explain what he doesn't like about his systems and philosophies - whether at times they're successful or not. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about which is why no one likes you. Here or at IHN

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
2 Cups
751 wins (3rd all time)

Coaching being brought up is fine. But thinking the team "needs new direction" when he still wins, players play hard and love playing for him? Is moronic.

Pez brings up coaching and not liking his systems/style of play. We disagree. But at least he has the ability to explain what he doesn't like about his systems and philosophies - whether at times they're successful or not. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about which is why no one likes you. Here or at IHN

You used actual facts and numbers of his wins, so your comment is now negated and false...

/sarcasm

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
2 Cups
751 wins (3rd all time)

Those numbers do not make a coach bulletproof, though. Toews and Kane are playing at a HOF pace in their careers but they still make mistakes, too.

Most of my issues with Q stem from his handling of players. Are far as his systems/philosophies, I've got no complaints. But he makes some head-scratching lineup moves from time to time and I think he plays favorites with certain players (see: Handzus, Roszival).

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Those numbers do not make a coach bulletproof, though. Toews and Kane are playing at a HOF pace in their careers but they still make mistakes, too.

True, nobody is saying Q is bullet proof as I don't agree with certain things he does (slotting guys in certain roles, defensive philosophies such as having Defensemen be in front of the guy their tying up instead of boxing them out) . The point is he's a coach with a helluva record, who gets the most out of the players he has, who year after year has a playoff team (2 years in which they won a SC), and is respected amongst the hockey community for his coaching ability.

For those here to insinuate or flat out say Q needs to be fired is a joke. The team is 15 games over .500 with 6 of the loses coming in OT, yet Q needs to go.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:

Most of my issues with Q stem from his handling of players. Are far as his systems/philosophies, I've got no complaints. But he makes some head-scratching lineup moves from time to time and I think he plays favorites with certain players (see: Handzus, Roszival).

Who do you want coaching this team? What coach doesn't get "questioned"?

Scotty Bowman was legendary for playing his veterans, putting 2 skilled players with 1 "veteran" on all his lines. Veterans prove the ability to make smart plays in stressful situations. Taking hits to make plays, intangibles during games that may not get the highlight plays but make differences in winning. Those coaches would rather live with the mistake of a guy that's been there - than a rookie who can't recover from a mistake. Vets can play and are comfortable in different roles, moving up and down lines, and the ability to sit for 10 min if needed, then jump in and play the next shift. Mentally, a vet is much stronger. It's why all successful coaches, GM's prefer adding those players to their rosters....especially near playoff time.

If you want a young, up coming team with talent and expectations - look to EDM. They have all the young talent and suck. They are in dire need of vets - but can't find the right ones. Tried with Ference, Purcell, Hendricks.....but still don't have it.

FLA - who continue to try to add vets (Jagr, Fleishmann, Kopecky, Mitchell, Bolland, Jovanoski) - because those are players you win with when it matters. Same with Colorado.

While a fan may see Richards and think - ugh, he's slow, sucks, can't keep up, whatever....he brings a shit ton of experience, has been a winner, still makes smart plays with the puck, won't panic in crunch situations, understands the game and helps his line and the bench/locker room. He won't be over whelmed in any situation. Yes, coaches, GM's and even team mates value that over a Jeremy Morin getting believing he's entitled to more shifts to "get a shot"

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I understand playing veterans over younger players and why that's benefit. I don't fault Q for that. But I do fault Q for refusing to give some younger players a shot when the veteran players aren't contributing shit. Handzus and Roszival are the gold standards for this tendency of Q's.

Playing veterans is one thing. Playing ineffective veterans when there are younger players who never get a chance is another.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No Roszival fanboy here but I'm curious who should play instead of him ?