Blackhawks loading up for run at the Cup, acquiring Fleischmann and Weise from Habs

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks keep loading up for run at the Cup, acquiring Fleischmann and Weise from Habs

After picking up veteran defenseman Christian Ehrhoff from L.A. earlier on Friday, the Blackhawks acquired forwards Tomas Fleischmann and Dale Weise from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Phillip Danault and a second-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/athlete/christian-ehrhoff/

Bears4life

Liked Posts:
They really look scary good..in a 7 game series right now they look tough to beat!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think they need to get in a few practices. A lot of new faces to integrate. It won't take Ladd very long but Q's puck control game will be new to the two Canadians.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Soak it up boys, do not expect this type of run & buzz ever again. I felt the same way during the Jordan era.

OT. - I'm jealous of all my friends and neighbors here in the Bay Area, it's a good time to be a Warrior fan. I've been invited and attended a few games, i don't root for them or against them but it's pretty interesting to be surrounded by their fans at a home game, good stuff. Their personnel and performance and management is quite antithetical to the Bulls - especially in regard to the FO.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Soak it up boys, do not expect this type of run & buzz ever again. I felt the same way during the Jordan era.

OT. - I'm jealous of all my friends and neighbors here in the Bay Area, it's a good time to be a Warrior fan. I've been invited and attended a few games, i don't root for them or against them but it's pretty interesting to be surrounded by their fans at a home game, good stuff. Their personnel and performance and management is quite antithetical to the Bulls - especially in regard to the FO.

Yeah this is a once in a lifetime run for sure

Hopefully the Cubs are about to embark on a similar run

Bulls FO is awful, hopefully there is some changes there this offseason but doubtful

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yep. I hate the Bulls management.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
This gives me the same enjoyment to read as when the Cubs re acquired Fowler. Totally unexpected, all of it, Ladd and Ehrhoff and Weiss.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At least one team that plays in the UC knows what they're doing

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone know if Weiss made it into the country yet? They said he was having Visa problems? Did you try his Amex or Discover maybe? Should we crowdfund a ticket for him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Anyone know if Weiss made it into the country yet? They said he was having Visa problems? Did you try his Amex or Discover maybe? Should we crowdfund a ticket for him.

Over the weekend they said it was going to take about a week for him to get here.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Over the weekend they said it was going to take about a week for him to get here.

You would figure that this process could be easier due to extended road trips these players embark on.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
You would figure that this process could be easier due to extended road trips these players embark on.

That was my thought too, this guy has been in and out of Canada for for games for years now, espeically for long periods of time for road trips. I guess a physical change of residence (where the paychecks will be coming from) is a thing? But how did Fleischmann have no problems? Must be different for him since he has been in the US for a while playing hockey before this year.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also thought you guys might like this

[h=1]Canadiens Absolutely Rip Blackhawks Off with Weise Trade[/h]
http://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens-absolutely-rip-blackhawks-off-with-weise-trade/

Not sure how that trade pans out for the Habs, they still have to use that second round pick, and draft correctly-- which could happen for them.

Stan is mortgaging the immediate future by trading away picks, but the core is here, so what he needs are pieces to the puzzle every year, and it seems that he's good at acquiring them.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not if we hoist a trophy at the end of the season.