Blackhawks @ Penguins IGT March 30th 6:30

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Why is Crawford getting so much disrespect? I feel like we ask more of him than a normal NHL team. Our penalty kill plan seems to be let them take good clean looks at Crawford but minimize deflections. We rely on him to snuff out lots of 1 on 1 breakaways with our slow defenders occassionally out raced.

I don't know....I was against losing Niemi in the first place. We had a young net minder and Crawford has done nothing except spare us the true pain of letting that go. He has been big for us, and seems to play big in big games. I expect good things from him in playoffs and when we need it most.

I think Crawford is an above-average talent who got a contract slightly larger than that due to the market for goalies in the NHL. He's probably always going to get some kind of criticism because he's not in the Rask/Quick/Lundqvist class. But the nice part about that is he doesn't have to be in that class for the Hawks to win the Cup.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Crawford is an above-average talent who got a contract slightly larger than that due to the market for goalies in the NHL. He's probably always going to get some kind of criticism because he's not in the Rask/Quick/Lundqvist class. But the nice part about that is he doesn't have to be in that class for the Hawks to win the Cup.

And he is clutch. I will take an average clutch keeper over an elite choker any day. This guy has another level when its needed most.