Blackhawks' secret stuff (Vitamin D)

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks' secret stuff

8:18AM ET

Chicago Blackhawks

Top Email

In the film "Space Jam," Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes are being crushed by the Monstars. And that's when Bugs Bunny puts some tap water in a bottle labeled "Michael's Secret Stuff," and everyone gets a boost of confidence.

Well, this is kind of like that. Except it's not tap water -- it's vitamin D supplements, which is what the Chicago Blackhawks are taking.

PR Newswire reports: "According to my sources, improved athletic performance is only one of the benefits for the Blackhawk players. The other is a reduction in the number and severity of lower respiratory tract infections and a reduction in the number and severity of repetitive use injuries."

Apparently the Hawks physicians began diagnosing and treating vitamin D deficiencies about 18 months ago. Of course, there's no telling how much of an advantage if actually plays. But it's certainly an interesting topic of conversation, even if they aren't playing the Monstars.

The Chicago Blackhawks are the First Vitamin D Team in Modern Professional Sports History

You heard it here first folks, if the Hawks win the Cup it will be all due to the trainers. "SOURCE Vitamin D Council"

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
Great.....now when the Hawks kick the shit out of the Follies there will be ass clowns accusing the Hawks of being on the juice.

JTalarico328

Liked Posts:
Haha, awesome! I just started taking a Vitamin D supplement a week ago. Crazy.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Vitamin D is a very good thing, and the best part, it prevents any real flu from going around. Not a bad idea... Love it!

LaurenNMU

Liked Posts:
[quote name="CLWolf81"]Vitamin D is a very good thing, and the best part, it prevents any real flu from going around. Not a bad idea... Love it![/quote]

Tbird says not THAT kind of vitamin D....sorry wolfy

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
[quote name="LaurenNMU"]
[quote name="CLWolf81"]Vitamin D is a very good thing, and the best part, it prevents any real flu from going around. Not a bad idea... Love it![/quote]

Tbird says not THAT kind of vitamin D....sorry wolfy[/quote]

It was only a matter of time before someone jumped on that one.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Rdrhwke"]
[quote name="LaurenNMU"]

Tbird says not THAT kind of vitamin D....sorry wolfy[/quote]

It was only a matter of time before someone jumped on that one.[/quote]

No comment ... :lol: I wasn't actually thinking that...

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
As far as the old Vitamins go. The D ranks rather high with TCD. In case anyone is wondering here are my top Vitamines

1) Vitamine me (I'm good for everything and everybody)

2) Vitamine you (I loves you all)

3) Vitamine E (takes the blues away)

4) Vitamine Rye and Ginger (Takes the Blues away but makes you feel like shit the next day)

5) Vitamine Chilli Cheese Dog (If you are going to feel like shit the next day you mine aswell feel like shit the next day)

5) Vitamine D

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="the canadian dream"]As far as the old Vitamins go. The D ranks rather high with TCD. In case anyone is wondering here are my top Vitamines

1) Vitamine me (I'm good for everything and everybody)

2) Vitamine you (I loves you all)

3) Vitamine E (takes the blues away)

4) Vitamine Rye and Ginger (Takes the Blues away but makes you feel like shit the next day)

5) Vitamine Chilli Cheese Dog (If you are going to feel like shit the next day you mine aswell feel like shit the next day)

5) Vitamine D[/quote]

And then you ave "Vitamin Gay"... aka TCD.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

And then you ave "Vitamin Gay"... aka TCD.[/quote]

Im a gunna Vitamine punch you in the balls.

Where is my puck!!!!????!!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="the canadian dream"]

Im a gunna Vitamine punch you in the balls.

Where is my puck!!!!????!![/quote]

Hate to disappoint you but Vitamin Punch is nothing like a Donkey Punch.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
most people don't get enough Vitamin D, and should be taking a supplement. People can't get enough from food, and because we all wear sunscreen, don't get enough from the sun.