Staff member
Liked Posts:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not surprising; there was no captain for 07/08 when Toews broke into the league.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol @Seth Jones

Let the leaders naturally diffuse into leadership void through osmosis.

I guess. They can trade Seth and tank two more years too for all I care.

My gut on Bedard is that he is more of a savant, lead by example type, and this team needs it's spiritual leader to step up like Toews did.

Korchinski(C)

Allen? Maybe a Nazar will be that guy?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol @Seth Jones

Let the leaders naturally diffuse into leadership void through osmosis.

I guess. They can trade Seth and tank two more years too for all I care.

My gut on Bedard is that he is more of a savant, lead by example type, and this team needs it's spiritual leader to step up like Toews did.

Korchinski(C)

Allen? Maybe a Nazar will be that guy?
Nah, I think Bedard gets in in one of the following 3 seasons after this one. There is little chance it's anyone else unless Bedard seriously underperforms.

As for Jones? No one is taking that deal on until at least 2028, if not 2030.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah, I think Bedard gets in in one of the following 3 seasons after this one. There is little chance it's anyone else unless Bedard seriously underperforms.

As for Jones? No one is taking that deal on until at least 2028, if not 2030.
The kid could be the guy for sure but he's got enough on his plate....everyone is expecting a lot from him. I'm for just letting him play. Toews always had Kaner around, at the moment Bedard has no one like that.

Jones? Why Not? He's a vet and as you said, he's gonna be around for awhile....a bit of responsibility might just improve his game as well.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The kid could be the guy for sure but he's got enough on his plate....everyone is expecting a lot from him. I'm for just letting him play. Toews always had Kaner around, at the moment Bedard has no one like that.

Jones? Why Not? He's a vet and as you said, he's gonna be around for awhile....a bit of responsibility might just improve his game as well.
Much like Bedard, Jones has to earn the C, and really, of all the vets we have I don't think he would be a frontrunner. Murphy, in my opinion, is more captain material than Jones. Jones comes off as a perrenial A.

Futher, I'm not a fan of giving some dude the C only for it to be wrested away when a rookie comes of age a couple of years down the line, nor am I a fan of a vet being given the C for the above reason, and the de facto younger team leader is blocked from it simply becase we can't give the vet away.

I think the 'hawks are doing it right. Ride 3, rotating A's this year and then reevaluate after this season. If Bedard rises up, give him the C like what happened to Toews before him. If he still has growth potential but not quite there yet, continue riding 3 A's and reevaluate after the following season. If he doesn't have it, evalue based on the contemporary personnel.