BLACKHAWKS to repeat!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
When the damn people dealing with work VISAs let Panik join the team we'll stop saying it damnit!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So do you think Toes is done as being one of the best 2 way centers/captains in the NHL ?

I think Q, Bowman, and most of us would say it's premature to start talking repeat just yet. We have defensive issues, the annual Crawford consistency fear that can roar at any moment, skilled players who take a beating, and this unexpected Toews issue may sink us.

I have faith in him, honestly I don't know what to make of a guy who has been a slap shot (maybe more of a placement shot but my shooting vocabulary is limited) assassin , assassin anyway, to where seriously the guy squanders away opportunity after opportunity unable to net pucks requiring 6 inches puck lift much less the upper V's we are used to. That's why I ask seriously if he changed his stick to improve face offs and is adjusting or what?

Together with his personality changes and getting in fights, is something going on in his personal life? Did Sharpie get to his sister, mother, or woman before he left? He found cocaine? What?

Unless Toews wants to tell us we probably won't know with a classy guy like that. He is pure champion pedigree and he still finds a way in key spots so until that disappears we should and do all believe when we are facing elimination down one in the third Toews is going to fucking score. Right?

We won't know that is over until it's over, and we shouldn't doubt it a second before the fat lady.

We have data backing our faith. Right?

Now...we are a Hossa ding away from a Shaw/Toews in funk/Mashinter first line apparently. And I don't think our third or fourth lines either scare anybody or have ability to shut top lines down, maybe that third line is more defensive than I'm giving it credit for, and that fourth line more physical.

I for one don't think Dano was given a fair chance and hope it's a matter of a little luck on the finishing touch and gaining defensive responsibility in our system because he seemed to have the energy and forechecking ability and willingness, and I like the chances Hossa and Toews and Dano were able to create. I think we should go back to that and stick with it, it's as much Toews fault as Dano in my eye.

Q doesn't like to stick with things not working, but it's Toews not working and Hossa battling Father Time, I put zero blame on Dano and actually think we got more there than we could have hoped for. Now...maturity...ethic...professionalism...I'm not in the locker room and can't speak to that. I just hope we are coaching him and don't do something stupid like trade him because I like his game quite a bit and thinks he Is as good a compliment as we will find to Toews and Hossa. TT is perfect in his third line scoring leader and PP rolls.

But I'd like to see him supported by Shaw, put Desjardins on fourth and send Garbutt packing. I can't ever respect a guy who would try to injure someone from the bench as they skate by, when he isn't even in the game. Guy is a fucking mental prick and his game leaves me questioning why we would let him tarnish the name of Blackhawk another second.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every year there is a team like Dallas in the NHL. Regular season champs who won't sniff a Cup victory. In a seven game series, they won't want anything to do with us or the Kings.

Our mental toughness is unrivaled and while we might not win the Cup this year - no team will want to face us. And I certainly don't see Dallas eliminating us.

Can't count out a team because they won the President's Cup....well, maybe St.Louis you can. There was a team in 2012-13 that took home both President and Stanley Cups....maybe you remember them.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks for the heads-up.

wttw_1449096837.jpg

Goddamn, I really hate seeing Jay Blumpkin's photo-bombing melon dominate every important team shot. :rolleyes:
Bonus points for Blumpkin.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Top line had 3 goals tonight.
I think this is the 2nd time this year the top line had a monster game. Glad it happened and needs to happen more--especially since it's not like they took over for the 2nd line--both lines were great...and a nice shoutout to the 4th line for getting the ball rolling.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think this is the 2nd time this year the top line had a monster game. Glad it happened and needs to happen more--especially since it's not like they took over for the 2nd line--both lines were great...and a nice shoutout to the 4th line for getting the ball rolling.

Absolutely. One outburst against a defensively-terrible Colorado team isn't going to have me declaring them cured of their ailments. Certainly a good start. If this top line gets rolling though? Rest of the league won't stand a chance.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't count out a team because they won the President's Cup....well, maybe St.Louis you can. There was a team in 2012-13 that took home both President and Stanley Cups....maybe you remember them.

President's Trophy is for most points by a team in an NHL season.

The Presidents Cup is a series of men's golf matches between a team representing the United States and an International Team representing the rest of the world minus Europe. Europe competes against the United States in a similar but considerably older event, the Ryder Cup.

HOCKEY
172061974-the-nhl-presidents-trophy-is-on-display-gettyimages.jpg

GOLF
Presidents-Cup-Trophy-070930G300.jpg

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Uh, the Capitals might have something to say about the Cup this year. Just sayin.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Caps
Sharks
Blues

Always immediately in the losers bracket 1 week into the playoffs

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Only team that I have much concern about is the LA Kings. That's it.
Not Dallas?

I admit I'm not in the loop with hockey that much, but until recently they were #1 in the West.