Donator
Liked Posts:
rumblings, legit rumors, etc here

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i love the rumor of kane wanting kessler. that would be pretty sick if we got him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Saw the report today that the Canucks want a 1st round pick, an established young NHL player (especially a C), and a prospect in return. That report also said that the Hawks were not willing to part with Saad and that will keep them out of the running.

I'd love to have Kesler but not at that price.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw the report today that the Canucks want a 1st round pick, an established young NHL player (especially a C), and a prospect in return. That report also said that the Hawks were not willing to part with Saad and that will keep them out of the running.

I'd love to have Kesler but not at that price.

100% agree.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
some rumors via twitter have the hawks done making deals others say jagr and dman and explorations in kessler

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hawks interested in brodeur? really?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
some rumors via twitter have the hawks done making deals others say jagr and dman and explorations in kessler

I would think they were done but the perception may be that Blues have upped the ante. Curious and interesting news here....

For the record I'm not convinced that the Blues made themselves that much better.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
hawks interested in brodeur? really?

That can't be right. I don't think they'd have the cap space either.

I doubt the Hawks do anything, really.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't want Brodeur anywhere near the Hawks.

I think they wait for TT instead of pulling off a trade. The Blues just got fleeced, hardly something the Hawks need to match them on. There isn't a feasible solution into bringing Kesler to the Hawks unless they dumped Bickell, TT, another salary dump, and a few first rounders, which isn't going to be enough nor would Bowman do it. Bickell and Leddy? I would seriously consider it, but I highly doubt Gillis would and Leddy creates a huge mismatch for other teams because of his elite skating on a third pairing. The guys getting to the point other teams cant throw out their shitty third pairings now against him if the Hawks have puck possession.

I don't think you see a thing from this team. Their really isn't a hole that needs to be filled outside of 2C.

Crumpet?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That can't be right. I don't think they'd have the cap space either.

I doubt the Hawks do anything, really.

according to a slew of reports.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
according to a slew of reports.

I don't mean to discredit your reports but that rumor just makes no sense to me. Brodeur is far past his prime and is not worth his $4.5 million cap hit, especially for a team already right up against the cap as the Hawks are.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Apparently Dreger was on TSN 690 and said that the Hurricanes have been asked to cut some payroll and that Jordan Staal is one of the guys available. An interesting name when looking at a possible 2C. Has a cap hit of $6mil a year for quite a while, but always that possibility of cap retention. While I would love to see Kesler on this team, trading with the Canucks vs. the Hurricanes is a whole different story. Spezza is supposedly being shopped as well, but he has a high cap hit too.

If the Blackhawks want to get a 2C in here they will have to get creative with the money and who they ship out. I don't see it happening, but it is fun to discuss, atleast for the next 24+ hours. If they don't make a move for 2C, then it will be time to talk about TT and if they are going to bring him over and give him that chance this year, which in my opinion seems to be more likely.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Brodeur is off the table. Looks like he's going to Minny

I don't think any big 2C body is coming, I'm not anticipating anything else there.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Brodeur is off the table. Looks like he's going to Minny
Thank god for that. One side is denying it tho.

I really wonder what Marty returns. A third rounder?

Crumpet?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
KESLER

Solid source out of Canada told me this morning the Hawks made an offer for Ryan Kesler yesterday, including (possibly) Bryan Bickell, Nick Leddy, and Mark McNeill. The source tells me that (for obvious reasons) it is unlikely the Canucks will deal Kesler to Chicago.

If this is true, the Nucks should take that offer and run.

Crumpet?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't mean to discredit your reports but that rumor just makes no sense to me. Brodeur is far past his prime and is not worth his $4.5 million cap hit, especially for a team already right up against the cap as the Hawks are.

oh I agree for sure was just throwing it out there.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
KESLER

Solid source out of Canada told me this morning the Hawks made an offer for Ryan Kesler yesterday, including (possibly) Bryan Bickell, Nick Leddy, and Mark McNeill. The source tells me that (for obvious reasons) it is unlikely the Canucks will deal Kesler to Chicago.

If this is true, the Nucks should take that offer and run.

Crumpet?

I do not want to see Nick Leddy being shipped. Hawks have a few D prospects, but not that many behind him which would make me comfortable if Leddy was moved.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do not want to see Nick Leddy being shipped. Hawks have a few D prospects, but not that many behind him which would make me comfortable if Leddy was moved.

Agreed, I'm not all that pleased with their #6 dmen combo....losing Leddy would put really make them thin with both 5 & 6 being questionable. One injury could prove disasterous. Getting back to Kesler, who I love....Bickell makes sense as they have to move salary to get Kesler's 5 mil under the cap. I think for it to be feasible, they'd have to up the ante. Bickell, a first round pick, a top player from Rockford (Clendening?) and maybe one of those picks from Florida. High price but Kesler is a great fit, under 30 and he's a beast on faceoffs.

Vancouver is pretty much done....the arrow is pointing straight down for them. Its time to rebuild.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Me neither. Leddy would certainly make the Nucks a whole lot better, while Bickell would be a cap dump. I could also see McNeil becoming a Kesler lite/ 3rd liner type. If that was really offered...ok the source is JJ and all, the Nucks should take it and not look back. I wasn't a fan but Leddy has won me over, he might become a first pairing guy sooner rather then later just because his skating is another worldly and while Rozi might have been the rock of the pairing last year, and he was, Leddy has been covering up for Rozi all year every game they have played together. Watching Leddy go end to end deep into the offensive zone then effortlessly back to the point is a thing of beauty, and I would hate to see this guy run transition for the Sedins on the downside of their careers. He could add about three more good seasons to their resumes.

I really don't think Kesler is worth that. Or maybe I am overrating Leddy......

Crumpet?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Hawk rumor from a tweet;

Stan offered a fifth rounder for Malholtra.

That's a Stan type of deal if true. Again, tweet rumor. Grain of pretzel dust.

Crumpet?