Blackhawks Trade Deadline Coverage Thread

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Per Chris Johnston, David Rundblad dealt to the Hawks for a 2nd rounder.

Looking around elsewhere to confirm.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is the point of Brookstank with Rundblad here now?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is the point of Brookstank with Rundblad here now?

its a move that usually comes with another move. im not sure about kessler but i do think leddy is gone imo.

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
From Pierre LeBrun twitter...

As for any speculation about Kesler and Chicago, told by Hawks source that they are NOT in on that. Also not looking for a backup goalie

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just throwing this out for discussion, but maybe Rundblad was brought in for an extra piece for a Kesler move?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just throwing this out for discussion, but maybe Rundblad was brought in for an extra piece for a Kesler move?

would be quite a statement.

Still not sure we should lose Bickell if he is the only one that is going to check hard in the playoffs.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ecklund for what its worth is stating we are likely to get brodeur

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks piss away a 2nd round pick on David Rundblad.

Move along, nothing to see.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I assume it is their own pick and not one that was traded for ... so if that is the case- it would be a late round pick in what has been called a shallow draft - and if it is really that interesting, I imagine they would find a way to get a draft choice via trade on the day.

Basically all this kid has to be is the same at Roszival, that guy they lost to TB via waivers, or Brookbank. It isn't that big of an ask really (relatively speaking).

It isn't exactly Phil Esposito for a used puck bag territory at this point.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Hawks piss away a 2nd round pick on David Rundblad.

Move along, nothing to see.
Rundblad has a lot of skill, way too early to call this move a bust yet.

Where he fits right now I have no clue. The guy doesn't play a lick of defense, isn't a good skater, and has a resume outside the NHL of a legendary player. That being said, his passing skills and vision are off the charts. Like Brian Campbell level without, you know, the elite skating. The value was too much for Stan to pass up, I get that. But he sure as hell isn't a Q type. Didn't we just trade a second line center who fits that bill already?

Crumpet?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks painted themselves into a corner when Bowman severely overpaid Crawf & Bickell.

2nd round pick for fucking David Rundblad? Really?

Makes zero sense unless Leddy or Opooya are moved in the summer.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Rundblad has a lot of skill, way too early to call this move a bust yet.

Where he fits right now I have no clue. The guy doesn't play a lick of defense, isn't a good skater, and has a resume outside the NHL of a legendary player. That being said, his passing skills and vision are off the charts. Like Brian Campbell level without, you know, the elite skating. The value was too much for Stan to pass up, I get that. But he sure as hell isn't a Q type. Didn't we just trade a second line center who fits that bill already?

The interesting thing with Rundblad is he moves from an organization where defensemen don't have much, if any, involvement on the offensive end in Phoenix to a team where the defensemen are encouraged to jump up into the rush. There were quotes from Roszival, who made the same move, about how much different it was to play in Chicago. Perhaps that style will better suit Rundblad and they'll get more out of him than Phoenix did.

But I agree that it certainly creates a logjam on D now. I don't see anyone in the Hawks D pairings that'd I'd bench in favor of Rundblad. But when you consider that the guy is just 22 years old, it's not hard to make the assumption that this is a longer-term investment. We'll see.