Blackhawks Trade Rumors Thread

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
People will be upset with losing Smith because of the effort that he gives. It is easy to root for the guy. Outside of helping the PK - he really isn't better than a #12/13 forward in the NHL right now. He is just so overmatched at times when it comes to size, skill, skating, etc and it shows. I'm sure this is a deal that is meant to shed some cap space and the Blackhawks have a guy for now/future that can replace him in Nordstrom who has done well in the 4th line role. Could be a good minor deal for both teams and both teams likely get what they want - wish nothing but the best for Smith in SJ.

Reactions: 1ke

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
UFA Andrew Dejsardan(sp) ......

Good deal? Better than Ben Smith? I like Smith.

Much bigger, hits people and will drop the gloves. Not a defensive liability, but limited offensively. With some of the bigger teams we'll have to face in the playoffs, it was almost a necessity to get size. TBA if he gets much ice time.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
Can't Desjardins beat the hell out of people?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
LeBrun saying that the Sharks retained 50% of Desjardins salary which will help the Blackhawks keep TT up.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
TT should be sent down anyways

1 - He's not ready
2 - No room for him now

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks for the mini scoring report fellas

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I like the Smith trade only because it gives us a big body who isn't afraid to use it on the 4th line and an extra guy to take faceoffs. Smith was a bit overpaid for his role, so it is what it is.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
TT should be sent down anyways

1 - He's not ready
2 - No room for him now

He won't be. He still has value for us on the 2nd and 3rd line. He's probably one of our top 3 skilled forwards right now with the puck.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Can't Desjardins beat the hell out of people?

Yes, yes he can. At 6'1" 200, he's not a heavyweight, but he brings it. Most likely better than fizzledcarbomb has fared this year.

And he fights lefty, so he confuses everyone...especially variable. :elephant:

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
So who is going to sit out of -
Toews, Hossa, Saad, Richards, Versteeg, Sharp, Bickell, Vermette and Shaw - to dress a diminutive TT?

He might (but doubtful) be top 3 in a skill competition, but not in game competition.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Hossa will sit, of course.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
So who is going to sit out of -
Toews, Hossa, Saad, Richards, Versteeg, Sharp, Bickell, Vermette and Shaw - to dress a diminutive TT?

He might (but doubtful) be top 3 in a skill competition, but not in game competition.

I think he's more skilled than you're giving him credit for.

I could see Shaw moving to the wing on the 4th with Kruger and Desjardin.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I think he's more skilled than you're giving him credit for.

I could see Shaw moving to the wing on the 4th with Kruger and Desjardin.

I don't think anyone is questioning TT's skill. He shows flashes of it that are pretty damn amazing. I do think that people are questioning his all around game and effectiveness in the NHL at this point.

He has been back up for two games...scored a nice game winning goal in one and made a brutal turnover that directly lead to the game winning goal in another. TT hasn't shown that he is entirely ready for the NHL outside of his flashes of skill. He still has a little bit to go and if he can put it all together, it can be some great stuff.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What I like about the front office is that they are making solid moves to try and get past Kane's injury. Contrast that with the Bulls shitty front office and their failure to do shit about trying to compensate for their tough injuries.

Now, the Hawks may not win the Cup but they will have a shot at winning what I think is the hardest championship of them all to win, the Stanley Cup.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Get my Buff back....PLEASE!

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shit. I like Smith. But at the end of the day it's the right move. Still dammit all to hell. Guys motor never quits.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So stupid question, when they say that they agreed to pay half his salary for 2015, does that mean half the remaining salary for the year, or half of a full year's salary? Minor difference, and I don't know how much the guy makes but still could be important space wise?.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody know the details on the pick we got from San Jose?

*NHL tweet said we got a pick as well. TSN does not say anything aboot a pick. It's probably the equivalent of a bag of pucks anywhoo....

Last edited: