Blow up the defense after this year

Toast88

Liked Posts:
To the OP.

In the NFL I believe drafting is so difficult, and more importantly competent successful team units protect themselves and everyone else on the team from injury, or attrition.

Therefore you should never go full Mel Tucker. It ruins guys you are trying to build with, increases snap counts and sets you back years you can't make up in player attrition.

There are many things franchises can do but I don't think the baseball/basketball strategy of tanking is very effective.
Who said anything about tanking? I said start phasing out the 5 defenders making $80 million, and spend the money on o-line and offensive weapons. To me, that’s not tanking.

Heck, they’ll end up with a worse record if they try to hold on to all those guys well past their primes and hogging all the cap space.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who said anything about tanking? I said start phasing out the 5 defenders making $80 million, and spend the money on o-line and offensive weapons. To me, that’s not tanking.

Heck, they’ll end up with a worse record if they try to hold on to all those guys well past their primes and hogging all the cap space.

Right, get rid of the defense and spend that all on offense. I guess draft all offense too like last year? Then complain when the defense cannot stop anything.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
D is 8th in DVOA when Mack plays. That is better than 24 NFL teams. Making knee jerk reactions when they sucked with Mack out is just silly.

Unless you can trade Mack for a 1st, he stays period. You can move on from Goldman. DT costs more money to cut so there is no point. He has 3 void years so best to let him play out 2022 on the bench. Jackson also costs more to cut and no one trading for that contract.

Quinn if he continues to play well is the only realistic tradeable asset that saves us cap space.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The key difference that in basketball and baseball you spend half a decade to develop guys. You can certainly time financial strategies into a powerful roller coaster.

In football you burn guys up in 5 years.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Decisions like Danny T, Foles, Dalton will crush you.

That's Roquan, A Rob, and Montgomery all signed but the fucking idiots fight with those guys carrying the team for money and over feed bit players and trash.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Sincw crab legs was carted off....

Dalton to Saints for bowl of gumbo and a 7th