Bobbie Massie is gone per Rapoport

msadows

Liked Posts:
Honestly, the most no-brainer move of this entire offseason. Ifedi can be brought back for cheaper, or just start bars, or just draft a guy in the 1/2/3rd round.

Massie has been very meh the last couple years, very replaceable.

I don't expect leno gone however.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
Good. One of the first and most obvious moves is done or about to be. And, uh, he's not starting caliber. I don't think he'll even get through the season healthy at this point.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Next no/brainor has to be jimmy graham.

Skrine.
Massie.
Graham.

Those were the guys we all expected gone.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Good. One of the first and most obvious moves is done or about to be. And, uh, he's not starting caliber. I don't think he'll even get through the season healthy at this point.

When we first got him he was solid, but the last couple years he's been pretty god awful and got hurt. Nothing he did can't be replaced by ifedi for cheap or a day 2/3 draft pick. You can find good right tackles day 2 and on in the draft.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Technically, he is a Starter but Massie has had more poor/meh years than good ones. The only reason he has stayed so long is that the FO has done nothing to add depth/talent at either Tackle position.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Next no/brainor has to be jimmy graham.

Skrine.
Massie.
Graham.

Those were the guys we all expected gone.

Don't be so sure on Graham. He actually performed well for his salary last year and if the Bears do trade for Wilson, the two of them already have a good rapport.

I think you will see restructuring next.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Finally.

Graham is 50/50 I would think. He did good last season, and is really bringing Kmet along the ride not sure they want to part ways.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
Hard to say, but I think Charles Leno will be gone as well, but that might not happen until June.

Could be. This might depend on what they are able to do in the draft and/or how they view in house candidates. IE--if they get a LT in the draft AND like Ifedi or Bars at RT, then Leno could be gone. That said, I think his return is 60/40

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Could be. This might depend on what they are able to do in the draft and/or how they view in house candidates. IE--if they get a LT in the draft AND life Ifedi or Bars at RT, then Leno gone
Well I think (at least I hope) they are going OT at #20. Obviously a potential trade for Watson/Wilson complicates that. From what I have been told from people here who are better at these things than I am, this is a pretty deep draft class at the position. So I suppose grabbing one at #53 isn't the worst thing in the world. I didn't even think about Ifedi and Bars when I made the comment, so you bring up a good point there, but my thing with waiting on cutting Leno is that it frees up more cap space by doing it in June than doing it now.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
Well I think (at least I hope) they are going OT at #20. Obviously a potential trade for Watson/Wilson complicates that. From what I have been told from people here who are better at these things than I am, this is a pretty deep draft class at the position. So I suppose grabbing one at #53 isn't the worst thing in the world. I didn't even think about Ifedi and Bars when I made the comment, so you bring up a good point there, but my thing with waiting on cutting Leno is that it frees up more cap space by doing it in June than doing it now.

Agreed all around. Makes no sense to cut Leno now. After June, they'd of course have more clarity on basically all the issues we're discussing and save on the cut.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, the most no-brainer move of this entire offseason. Ifedi can be brought back for cheaper, or just start bars, or just draft a guy in the 1/2/3rd round.

Massie has been very meh the last couple years, very replaceable.

I don't expect leno gone however.
Bars is a downgrade. This happens if they have a deal with Ifedi. Moving massie this year was long assumed but you still need somebody more capable than Bars or Coward to assume the position.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Agreed all around. Makes no sense to cut Leno now. After June, they'd of course have more clarity on basically all the issues we're discussing and save on the cut.
They can cut him now with a post-June first designation.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
They can cut him now with a post-June first designation.

True. Teams do this all the time. I meant more so that they stand to gain nothing from a straight cut right now. Waiting, even with the post-June 1st designation, would give them more time to figure out other solutions at the position, get clarity on the QB, etc. Massie was never coming back, Leno still could be.