Bobby Peters - What Happened to Matt Nagy's Offense in 2019?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Nagy can’t even confidently run the most basic play in his entire playbook, you gotta cut him at least a little slack for completely pussying out at the end of that game.

And yet, knowing far more than anyone here just how much his QB sucks, Nagy keeps betting the farm on Trubisky stubbornly refusing to budge from his flawed offensive philosophy because "he wasn't brought here to run the i-formation".

45 attempts vs GB week 1.
|
14 weeks of learning literally nothing
|
53 attempts vs GB week 15.

It's just hilarious to me how nobody wants to hold the Chef knowingly serving food he knows is rotten accountable.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Over the first 6 games of the regular season, the Tennessee Titans were in the same boat as the Bears. They had the unquestionably worst offensive line in the league, most sacks in the league. They had absolutely no offensive weapons to help Mariota. The coaching staff was being ripped to shreds for running an archaic offense that did not play to Mariota’s strengths.

THe moment the Titans switched QB’s, all of a sudden the offensive line became competent. Offensive players emerged and the play calling improved. Every facet of the offense was elevated with Ryan Tannehill under center.

Check out this article on the Titans after week 5 of the season and see if it sounds familiar...

None of the Rhodes Scholars on the board are gonna be willing to touch this post with a 10 foot pole. Maybe one of the dumber ones will reply with "but we also tried Chase Daniel and that didn't work."

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
None of the Rhodes Scholars on the board are gonna be willing to touch this post with a 10 foot pole. Maybe one of the dumber ones will reply with "but we also tried Chase Daniel and that didn't work."
I was never that high on Mariotta...I think that the offense just rallied around Tannehill similar to the Josh McCown run in 2013. A healthy Derrick Henry also helps.

EDIT: Given the OCs coaching tree. It's pretty plain to see why the switch has worked...he's definitely a more traditional style play caller which fits Tannehill and Henry.

Last edited:

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I was never that high on Mariotta...I think that the offense just rallied around Tannehill similar to the Josh McCown run in 2013. A healthy Derrick Henry also helps.

EDIT: Given the OCs coaching tree. It's pretty plain to see why the switch has worked...he's definitely a more traditional style play caller which fits Tannehill and Henry.
i signed mariota in fantasy last year out of desperation and watched him a few games and honestly as bad as trubs has been i think he's better than mariota