Boers and Bernstein or Waddle/Silvy?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
And he's usually right.

And he's right.

It's the attitude that bugs me more than anything. He may be right, but he comes across as an arrogant bastard more than half the time.

He's wrong about the Miami thing though. They have had their battles in the regular season over the years where both teams are playing extremely hard. I find it annoying how after every win, his excuse is that they didn't try. That's just not true.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's the attitude that bugs me more than anything. He may be right, but he comes across as an arrogant bastard more than half the time.

He's wrong about the Miami thing though.

Agreed about his arrogance. But he's right about the Bulls. The meatball fans do get all excited when they see Noah triumphantly pumping his fists after a regular season win over the Heat, but they have zero chance of beating them four times in the playoffs.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Agreed about his arrogance. But he's right about the Bulls. The meatball fans do get all excited when they see Noah triumphantly pumping his fists after a regular season win over the Heat, but they have zero chance of beating them four times in the playoffs.

Oh, well yeah.. They can't beat them without Rose, maybe not even with Rose unless they get more talent.

I can still find enjoyment out of the regular season, even if its not a precursor to what will happen in the playoffs. Hell, I wanted them to tank hard when Rose went down.. I was pissed that they were winning until it got to a point where it became useless to root for losses.. I felt conflicted all year. Now, I'm just learning to appreciate Noah's ascension as one of the better centers in the league.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Waddle and Silvy talk about sports...

every time i tune in to B & B they are talking about the stupid stuff that pisses their wives off and end up ignoring sports for extended periods of time...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Waddle and Silvy talk about sports...

every time i tune in to B & B they are talking about the stupid stuff that pisses their wives off and end up ignoring sports for extended periods of time...

That correct. That's why I love then. Sports discussion in large quantities bores the piss out of me. Humor > sports.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That correct. That's why I love then. Sports discussion in large quantities bores the piss out of me. Humor > sports.

Most people get that, but they can find humor that's a lot better than the same repeated schlock of rambling cynics.

Comedy is easily accessible in podcast or plenty other forms.

I wish there was any show that could actually discuss hockey effectively. Carmen and Jurco probably know it best of a show, but no in depth view or opinion comes out of Carmen ever. At least B&B admit they don't know hockey.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Most people get that, but they can find humor that's a lot better than the same repeated schlock of rambling cynics.

Comedy is easily accessible in podcast or plenty other forms.

I wish there was any show that could actually discuss hockey effectively. Carmen and Jurco probably know it best of a show, but no in depth view or opinion comes out of Carmen ever. At least B&B admit they don't know hockey.

Then such people needn't listen I guess.

Obviously a lot of people enjoy B&B, and I just happen to be one of them. It seems that their influence is so great that even non-listeners can't help themselves from trying to argue that they're objectively not good.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Then such people needn't listen I guess.

Obviously a lot of people enjoy B&B, and I just happen to be one of them. It seems that their influence is so great that even non-listeners can't help themselves from trying to argue that they're objectively not good.

That's why plenty don't listen, but it doesn't alter the issue of desiring quality sports talk on air.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Don't listen to either show anymore.

Started listening to Waddle and Silvy back in 2007, but the "Visanthe Shiancoe towel incident" in 2008 (after a game against the Lions, where a camera caught him uncovered for a brief period during a post game victory speech by Viking's owner Ziggy Wilf), caused me to slow down on tuning in.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2008/12/of-deadspin-the.html

Once news of this "incident" got out, Silvy began to mention this moment either directly or indirectly on each and every show from that point forward, and eventually tried and reach out to Visanthe's publicist to get him as a guest on the show. It was creepy and disturbing to hear one man obsess over another man's genitals for several shows.

It got to the point where even his coworkers would "jokingly" point this out, such as Carmen DeFalco who stated on occasion that "Viasnthe is Silvy's new favorite player."

B&B were tolerable in doses, but I'd rather listen to Lawrence Holmes or Zach Zaidman.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's why plenty don't listen, but it doesn't alter the issue of desiring quality sports talk on air.

I don't see how that relates to B&B though. They aren't quality sports talk, and they make no pretense towards being so; they're entertainment. They'll even tell you themselves that they're sports idiots. They do have good quality sports segments, but they're generally with guests like Matt Bowen, Hub (yes I realize most of you hate him because he isn't a Bears homer, but that's irrelevant in this context) and Brian Billick. They themselves are entertainment. If people are looking for four hours of wall to wall serious sports discussion (which would be enough to make some of us beg for a quick death), B&B is not for them.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't see how that relates to B&B though. They aren't quality sports talk, and they make no pretense towards being so; they're entertainment. They'll even tell you themselves that they're sports idiots. They do have good quality sports segments, but they're generally with guests like Matt Bowen, Hub (yes I realize most of you hate him because he isn't a Bears homer, but that's irrelevant in this context) and Brian Billick. They themselves are entertainment. If people are looking for four hours of wall to wall serious sports discussion (which would be enough to make some of us beg for a quick death), B&B is not for them.

It relates to the point of the topic.

And people can prefer middle ground concepts and we don't live in an all or not reality.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It relates to the point of the topic.

And people can prefer middle ground concepts and we don't live in an all or not reality.

Of course they can. B&B isn't for everyone.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Urlacher and Sayers show

hatersballlarge.jpg

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I started to listen to B&B more n more. I really can't stand Silvys whiney voice n i hate sayin it but waddle is startin to come off like a diva

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They never were surprised that defense still mattered. They just say that you CAN win a championship with an average defense if you have an elite offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hardly miss a show and they wouldn't get off the death of defense. They kept trying to get others to agree but Hub and Bowen wouldn't bite.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

He's wrong about the Miami thing though. They have had their battles in the regular season over the years where both teams are playing extremely hard. I find it annoying how after every win, his excuse is that they didn't try. That's just not true.

I wouldn't say he is usually right. He is wrong often. And he will never admit it.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Don't listen to either very often since they don't coincide with my drive times but prefer Waddle and Silvy over B and B.

My favorite is Lawrence Holmes. Best on Chicago sports radio IMO. Unlike most guys on the radio who sound like they are just going through the motions and talking about this stuff because they have to to collect a paycheck, Holmes actually sounds like he enjoys talking Chicago sports.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
waddle has taken one to many hits to the head and it shows, ill take B&B - the entertainment value, they are pricks.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
has anyone begun listening to 87.7fm? new sports talk. Harry from espn1000 is on the afternoon show. Ive listened to it a bit, not bad. I like Harry, he's a funny dude. Good to flip to if espn1000 and the score are at commercial