Boozer

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What are your expectations of him this season?

He's lost a LOT of weight - I keep thinking he's Taj out there. :smh:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Boozer has reached his peak..........i dont see any improvements..........Boozer will be the Boozer he always is.................

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boozer has reached his peak..........i dont see any improvements..........Boozer will be the Boozer he always is.................

Always is? guy had a real good season last year. 1st year is a wash since he had no chemistry with this team especially with the broken hand. 2nd year was practically his first year so hard to judge him then.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Always is? guy had a real good season last year. 1st year is a wash since he had no chemistry with this team especially with the broken hand. 2nd year was practically his first year so hard to judge him then.

I know he has played well for us the last year, but i just dont see him improving anymore than he has already.
Im not saying hes a bad player or anything........He provides points we need so i aint tripping on him anymore..........i dont have problems with him as long as he never attempts to sing rap songs again. :lol:

BullsZoneJason

Liked Posts:
Boozer is the same guy he was in Utah. Although a little slower. Great scorer, not athletic at all, makes dumb decisions, and gives 60% defensively. However, if he plays this year like he did last year I will be happy. I just don't think we plays along with Derrick. He has better chemistry with Kirk. I am not saying to start Taj over him but what I would like to see is him play more with the second unit to provide more scoring with the bench. As well as be the guy they run the offense through. It makes the second unit stronger and lets face it. The offense is very stagnant within that group. What it needs is a go to guy and the answer may be putting Boozer with them.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Boozer is the same guy he was in Utah. Although a little slower. Great scorer, not athletic at all, makes dumb decisions, and gives 60% defensively. However, if he plays this year like he did last year I will be happy. I just don't think we plays along with Derrick. He has better chemistry with Kirk. I am not saying to start Taj over him but what I would like to see is him play more with the second unit to provide more scoring with the bench. As well as be the guy they run the offense through. It makes the second unit stronger and lets face it. The offense is very stagnant within that group. What it needs is a go to guy and the answer may be putting Boozer with them.

I understand your point -- but the fact of the matter is that we have no idea how the 2nd unit will play this season...it's an entirely different 2nd unit than we had last year. :shrug:

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
Funny thing too 'cause I saw Taj try to pull Boozer's head fake, lol.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
He will play well, similar to last year, as long as he gets his touches and is not forgotten on offense.

BullsZoneJason

Liked Posts:
I understand your point -- but the fact of the matter is that we have no idea how the 2nd unit will play this season...it's an entirely different 2nd unit than we had last year. :shrug:

Very true. But I can't ignore the fact that outside of the starting 5, Taj, & Kirk, the rest of those guys look completely lost out there offensively and defensively. Seven games into the preseason and they are looking like a summer league team out there. Maybe because 3 out of the 5 were on the summer league, haha so i guess that scratches that theory.

I think short term resolution is get Booz in there to take some pressure off those guys to score. Now I know Snell won't see a lot of action a neither will Murphy, but when you have Kirk, Mike, and Nazr out there with maybe a Jimmy or a Deng I believe adding Booz in there makes the reserves a better team because what he brings offensively. And Taj doesn't demand the ball and is more of a grit, grind, clean-up the boards kinda player that can run the floor, so I feel he fits better with Derrick.

Season is going to be long. It's hard to put to much thought into what we have seen in the preseason I know. But I am just throwing out an idea of what could help the Bulls weakest link right now. And that is their bench.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For a guy who's had a huge injury history, he has played full seasons the last two seasons. His only injuryin 2010-11 was the broken hand in which he did something stupid off the court.

That said, its not just health. He cant play a lick of D and his offense is meh when it matters it seems. I definitely say this is Boozer's last year here. I just don't see him suddenly being better at anything though.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

What is the second unit even going to be? Nazr-Taj-Snell-Hinrich-Teague?

I expect Hinrich to miss at least 40 games this year with various injuries so we'll have to rely on someone else at the wing.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is the second unit even going to be? Nazr-Taj-Snell-Hinrich-Teague?

I expect Hinrich to miss at least 40 games this year with various injuries so we'll have to rely on someone else at the wing.
Well he only missed 22 last year...what's another 18? :lol:

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least one offensive foul and 2 very silly turnovers a game.

But seriously , I'm not a big Boozer fan. I just hope his scoring is consistent in the season especially in the playoffs..but I don't know. His defense is horrible as well. I'm expecting a typical year I guess...which comes with some good and some bad with Boozer

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
At least one offensive foul and 2 very silly turnovers a game.

But seriously , I'm not a big Boozer fan. I just hope his scoring is consistent in the season especially in the playoffs..but I don't know. His defense is horrible as well. I'm expecting a typical year I guess...which comes with some good and some bad with Boozer

Its a good thing that Taj seems to be motivated more this season.
I expect Taj to give Boozer plenty of rest.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Same guy that will be out there yelling "Gimme DAT"

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
What are your expectations of him this season?

He's lost a LOT of weight - I keep thinking he's Taj out there. :smh:
Boozer played really well last year I thought, so my expectation is that he'll play at least as good as last year. However, I think the Bulls team is going to be much better this year with much better spacing. This, hopefully, will make Boozer play better by default.

To me, it seems like the entire team got in the weight room, and got their bodies in shape. For Boozer, losing some weight might help him get to the rim more in a better spaced floor. For me, if he can hit the boards tough and hit his little mid range shot with consistency, he'll be just fine.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still wish we had Mirotic instead.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mr. 247