Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I was hoping ferns would have a calming effect.

Yeah you would think? But most weirdos only know how to do one thing. And that one thing is most likely not plants and vegetation.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah you would think? But most weirdos only know how to do one thing. And that one thing is most likely not plants and vegetation.
My hope is one day, I'm literally WORSHIPPED for my fern skills, or at a minimum, my wife returns to me.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
My hope is one day, I'm literally WORSHIPPED for my fern skills, or at a minimum, my wife returns to me.

I think with persistence and a little elbow grease, your wife will come back. The fern skills have already amazed me though. You can probably stand to add another hobby as you have mastered the fern.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think with persistence and a little elbow grease, your wife will come back. The fern skills have already amazed me though. You can probably stand to add another hobby as you have mastered the fern.
Think sourdough bread might be up next. Looking for a starter that is a couple ? years old.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

BBBF

Liked Posts:
While it appears that many on here spent this beautiful summer weekend libeling and defaming each other, conversing about molesting histories, collecting screenshots, trolling and trying to get people banned, ME AND SOME OTHER PALS were doing some serious garden talk in our private gardening channel in our general Renaissance MAN discord server.

Feels bad to keep all this to myselve so thought I'd share some pics of the Ferns that are really starting to get established around the patio. Ferns have now cracked my top 30 hobby list because I'm finally seeing RESULTS.

Here's some pics of Ferns that last year or two did NOT look like they were going to make it. Now? Looks like they might actually proliferate nicely!

1. Ostriches!

20230624_091328.jpg

I expect there to be a few more of these next season. There some undergrowth happening and they can spread pretty well if I keep treating them well.

2. PAINTED

View attachment 29782

These are a lot trickier. I can count on two hands how many times it looked ill and like it was on the verge of dying. It's rebounding well right now. Gave it some misting sessions over the last few days. We got our Japanese crabapple tree treated for apple scab last fall and I think this fern didn't tolerate it very well. Planted a hydrangea upstream from this to help filter the draining water going forward.

More to come...

Ps if you have decent or even mid Fern game, please share your Ferns ITT!
My fern game is weak, but hostas is strong.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Since I am stuck at the airport, here are some hostas. Do we need another thread for fancy grass, by which I do not mean the clover taking over my lawn.

PXL_20230705_133454391.jpg

PXL_20230705_133807351.jpg

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
My hosta game is strong but my hydrangea game is stronger...also my vegetable garden is doing well. I'll try to load up some pics later