Bosa

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fuck bosa.
The chargers were my favorite team as a kid, and I still love them and want them to do well... But fuck this guy.
Spanos pulled the deal off the table and is playing hardball.
Would love to see a good pass rusher in sd, but this guy is being a money hungry douche when he never played a down.
99% of the time I come down on the players side, but not this time. I hope the deal drops daily and he chooses to re enter the draft next year, a year out of football shape with a history of a bad attitude. Let him fall to the second or third round and get a fraction of the money before he washes out.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Fuck bosa.
The chargers were my favorite team as a kid, and I still love them and want them to do well... But fuck this guy.
Would love to see a good pass rusher in sd, but this guy is being a money hungry douche when he never played a down.
99% of the time I come down on the players side, but not this time. I hope the deal drops daily and he chooses to re enter the draft next year, a year out of football shape with a history of a bad attitude. Let him fall to the second or third round and get a fraction of the money before he washes out.

Isn't there like a limit a rookie can get in his first deal? I thought they put something like that in place to avoid crap like this??

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good for San Diego. Fuck this bum.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...but when San Diego is using language the rest of the league does not is it really the players fault?

They have a history of this shit too. I heard Bosa was a complete dick, and didn't want him because the guy had to stay locked in his apartment and playing video games for 15 months to keep himself out of trouble, and NFL life is not a rubber room in a straight jacket.

But I'm not so sure about this particular case.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't there like a limit a rookie can get in his first deal? I thought they put something like that in place to avoid crap like this??

The money for draft picks is slotted for the position you were taken in the draft. The sticking point from what I read and may not be exactly right was Bosa wanted the bonus all up front and the Chargers wanted to space out payments for the contracts duration. I could be wrong but I think most teams space out those payments.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Bosa is holding out on principle, I don't see how pulling the offer and starting to lower it is going to work out.

We should be a front runner to land him if he drops and in my opinion, him and Floyd combined would make a solid 3 down player.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fuck bosa.
DEVIL'S ADVOCATE:

Bosa never had the chance to lobby for the current CBA, and he has no choice in which team drafts him.

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
When Bosa is holding out on principle, I don't see how pulling the offer and starting to lower it is going to work out.

We should be a front runner to land him if he drops and in my opinion, him and Floyd combined would make a solid 3 down player.

yeah thats what i want on the bears a spoiled brat who is willing to hold out and reenter the draft because he didn't get his money.

fuck Bosa if he sits out they should ban him from the NFL.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah...but when San Diego is using language the rest of the league does not is it really the players fault?

They have a history of this shit too. I heard Bosa was a complete dick, and didn't want him because the guy had to stay locked in his apartment and playing video games for 15 months to keep himself out of trouble, and NFL life is not a rubber room in a straight jacket.

But I'm not so sure about this particular case.

Wait, are you actually asking whether or not it's the player's, or his representative's, fault that they're not agreeing to a contract that is; A) worth the amount that a third body deemed it to be; and B) Guarantees more capital in the first year than any other pick outside of the first overall?

How is that "holding out on principal?" Unless the "principal" is "I don't want to play/live in SD?"

If I'm wrong, I'd be delighted to have an explanation as to why that would be the case.

What "language" is SD including in his contract that the rest of the league doesn't that would be detrimental to Bosa?

Sure, now that he has held out for the entirety of rookie camp, OTAs, training camp, half of the pre-season, and likely more; I'd be inclined to include language that would refuse payment of his lack of service too. Why should he collect funds for services not rendered?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I am no capologist to be sure... the other guys covered it pretty good.
The article I read last about it was that they offered him more of his signing bonus up front, and he would make more than anyone but wentz this year out of the draft.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wait, are you actually asking whether or not it's the player's, or his representative's, fault that they're not agreeing to a contract that is; A) worth the amount that a third body deemed it to be; and B) Guarantees more capital in the first year than any other pick outside of the first overall?

How is that "holding out on principal?" Unless the "principal" is "I don't want to play/live in SD?"

If I'm wrong, I'd be delighted to have an explanation as to why that would be the case.

What "language" is SD including in his contract that the rest of the league doesn't that would be detrimental to Bosa?

Sure, now that he has held out for the entirety of rookie camp, OTAs, training camp, half of the pre-season, and likely more; I'd be inclined to include language that would refuse payment of his lack of service too. Why should he collect funds for services not rendered?

That is exactly Spanos' point on pulling the offer- they offered him what they did based on a full year of work. Without the practice and preseason, he will not be making as much of an impact as he would have had he not held out.

This guy wants everything all at once.

I am fine with seeing the guy sit out and going back in to the draft at this point. A stunt like this with a rigid rookie salary structure leads me to believe he would be far beyond reasonable when extension time came around. It isnt my money to worry about, but the impact that has on the team is something I wouldnt want to have to sit through.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

If the deal does not get worked out, he has to sit a year and re-enter the draft.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is exactly Spanos' point on pulling the offer- they offered him what they did based on a full year of work. Without the practice and preseason, he will not be making as much of an impact as he would have had he not held out.

This guy wants everything all at once.

I am fine with seeing the guy sit out and going back in to the draft at this point. A stunt like this with a rigid rookie salary structure leads me to believe he would be far beyond reasonable when extension time came around. It isnt my money to worry about, but the impact that has on the team is something I wouldnt want to have to sit through.

His 2 previous family members (father and uncle?) that played in the NFL were both relatively early draft picks that never made it past their rookie contracts. Both dealt with handfuls of injuries, and were out of the NFL by year 4.

His line of thinking might be "hey, let me get what I can now, because nothing is guaranteed"... who knows

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Where do you think Bosa would actually be drafted if he re-entered? I think some team like the Cowboys would pick him mid to late first.

Us? I wouldn't want us to draft him until the 3rd at the earliest.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Where do you think Bosa would actually be drafted if he re-entered? I think some team like the Cowboys would pick him mid to late first.

Us? I wouldn't want us to draft him until the 3rd at the earliest.

Exactly- he is shooting himself in his foot.
Plus, I am no draftnik... but wasnt this a thin year for DL? with a year off and being a money grubber, plus having a better crop of defensive guys... I bet he does fall considerably.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Does he get to attend the combine again?

That I am unsure of- my guess would be yes though since he is basically starting over. Pure guess on my part though.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Exactly- he is shooting himself in his foot.
Plus, I am no draftnik... but wasnt this a thin year for DL? with a year off and being a money grubber, plus having a better crop of defensive guys... I bet he does fall considerably.

Yeah I can't see his agent being that dumb to not realizing that the most money he can possibly make is if he signs before the season starts.