Bowman says Toews and Kane aren't going anywhere, ever

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane will be here forever,� said Bowman, the Blackhawks’ Vice President/General Manager. “I can’t predict what the salary cap will be in the near future, but I can tell you that Jonathan and Patrick will be on this team. Those two players put the Blackhawks back on the map, they’re up in a couple years, and whatever the numbers are, we’ll figure out the details. The notion that the money we’re spending now will affect our ability to keep Jonathan and Kane…it’s a non-issue. They will be here no matter what.�</p>

</p>

Full article</p>

</p>

</p>

All Hail Stan</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="208801" data-time="1378496231">
<div>

But the Hawks are BROKE!!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And losing money.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well.... he also just covered his ass if they ever do walk... good strategy. Calm the fears now and still have the excuse later. He said it himself he can't predict the cap. And by the time they re-up the going rate could be 10 mil because the owners learned nothing from the lockout and they will throw money at them</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="208818" data-time="1378499612">
<div>

Well.... he also just covered his ass if they ever do walk... good strategy. Calm the fears now and still have the excuse later. He said it himself he can't predict the cap. And by the time they re-up the going rate could be 10 mil because the owners learned nothing from the lockout and they will throw money at them</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

<span style="color:#800080;">Hey, there's no history of them doing that?</span></p>

</p>

Now get back in that other thread and posts more pics!!!!  <span style="font-size:10px;"> <sub>Please.</sub></span></p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="208818" data-time="1378499612">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

So your saying it's the kiss of death?</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="208822" data-time="1378501956">
<div>

So your saying it's the kiss of death?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Not saying that. I fully believe that he has every intention to make it happen. But he's also a business man. And under someone elses thumb.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="208832" data-time="1378505101">
<div>

Not saying that. I fully believe that he has every intention to make it happen. But he's also a business man. And under someone elses thumb.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yea but those players are a tad different than the players of past.  Not only in character, but in drive to win and be legend.  Not to mention they OWN the City of Chicago.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good.   If I am going to continue to be ass, dick, shoulder, knee, and toe raped by ticket increases, those two better be part of the package.   They are a large chunk of the heart and soul of this team and the last 6 seasons.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BiscuitInTheBasket2in17" data-cid="208855" data-time="1378521556">
<div>

Good.   If I am going to continue to be ass, dick, shoulder, knee, and toe raped by ticket increases, those two better be part of the package.   They are a large chunk of the heart and soul of this team and the last 6 seasons.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Oh, you will.  Until you can't afford it, or choose to spend your money elsewhere.  That's ultimately what they want.  </p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="208859" data-time="1378522737">
<div>

Oh, you will.  Until you can't afford it, or choose to spend your money elsewhere.  That's ultimately what they want.  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I know.....though the annual Hawks club payment sure looks good to be used on lavish vacations or another property.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<sup>There's no way Stan Bowman, or anyone over him on the org chart, will ever allow the PR nightmare of one or both of these players leaving. They'll pay up, and the cost will be passed along to us.</sup></p>

<sup>The only question left with Kane & Toews is where they put the statues.</sup></p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Just trying to save face in case one or the other decides to leave.  Though I see no reason outside of wanting to play in their hometown for them to leave; nonetheless anything is possible. </p>

R K

I disagree.  I think he intends to resign them and believe neither want to go anywhere else at the moment to play.  Could that change, maybe, but as long as they are winning, and or have a consistent chance too, no way.</p>

ericthered

Liked Posts:
This is old hat for the Hawks...they've used that line about players in the past. It's PR.</p>

</p>

The difference is that in the past, those players usually left, or were traded, and the prior proclamations of them "never going anywhere" turned hollow.</p>

</p>

Something tells me this owner, unlike his father before him, with this business model isn't going to risk losing his cornerstones over money if at all possible.</p>

</p>

We'll see what happens, but I prefer the comfort in knowing the GM wants these guys here, as opposed to what came before.</p>

</p>

I'll never forget how poorly Tony Amonte got treated as his contract was winding down, and yes, it was the right move not bringing him back, especially at the price tag he wanted. Similarly, when Roenick had the "guarantee" from Bill Wirtz in the UC locker room that "he'd be a Hawk for life," and then he ended up being traded after a summer of spite (between JR's agent and the Hawks).</p>

</p>

Hopefully affording those two doesn't blow the cap for keeping the rest of the team a contender, that's my bigger concern. Can they keep developing young, cheap talent to fill in on the periphery if the big guns continue to make top dollar?</p>

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The owners did not say they didn't want to pay the best players big bucks, what the owners wanted and got, was to pay the best players big bucks from a 50% share.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ida B. Wells' Nephew" data-cid="209160" data-time="1379128306">
<div>

The owners did not say they didn't want to pay the best players big bucks, what the owners wanted and got, was to pay the best players big bucks from a 50% share.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Do they not push for a salary cap though?</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ericthered" data-cid="209159" data-time="1379124033">
<div>

This is old hat for the Hawks...they've used that line about players in the past. It's PR.</p>

</p>

The difference is that in the past, those players usually left, or were traded, and the prior proclamations of them "never going anywhere" turned hollow.</p>

</p>

Something tells me this owner, unlike his father before him, with this business model isn't going to risk losing his cornerstones over money if at all possible.</p>

</p>

We'll see what happens, but I prefer the comfort in knowing the GM wants these guys here, as opposed to what came before.</p>

</p>

I'll never forget how poorly Tony Amonte got treated as his contract was winding down, and yes, it was the right move not bringing him back, especially at the price tag he wanted. Similarly, when Roenick had the "guarantee" from Bill Wirtz in the UC locker room that "he'd be a Hawk for life," and then he ended up being traded after a summer of spite (between JR's agent and the Hawks).</p>

</p>

Hopefully affording those two doesn't blow the cap for keeping the rest of the team a contender, that's my bigger concern. Can they keep developing young, cheap talent to fill in on the periphery if the big guns continue to make top dollar?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Unlike several before Tony's fiasco was 100% his agent, who he fired just after the mess.  Had very little to do with the Hawks.  Other than Bill saying once he was gone, he was gone.  </p>

</p>

</p>

As for your last paragraph they just did it once, I don't see why they can't do it again.  I think Rocky showed his hand by resigning both #19 and #88 the first time.  That's where I question if Bill would have.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tater" data-cid="209165" data-time="1379149472">
<div>

Do they not push for a salary cap though?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Sure but they rolled it back, meaning those $$ are there to roll it right back where it was after this year.  I think they intended it to go up as revenue goes up.  Like Ida said they just wanted a bigger piece of the over all PIE.</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="208837" data-time="1378506479">
<div>

Yea but those players are a tad different than the players of past.  Not only in character, but in drive to win and be legend.  Not to mention they OWN the City of Chicago.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

For the sake of spitballing. If the Bulls werent so dominate in the 90s do you guys think JR and co would have owned the city. That team was really damn good, just an insanely good detroit kept getting in their way</p>