WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kaaya
Webb
Falk

Those guys in the 2nd round or late 1st might be the best value in the draft at QB.

-If they never amount to anything, okay you took the swing.

-If they turn into Andy Dalton, cool solid value and a QB you can win with.

-If they turn into Matt Ryan, fantastic.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kaaya
Webb
Falk

Those guys in the 2nd round or early 1st might be the best value in the draft at QB.

-If they never amount to anything, okay you took the swing.

-If they turn into Andy Dalton, cool solid value and a QB you can win with.

-If they turn into Matt Ryan, fantastic.

I assume you mean late 1st

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not on the Trubisky wagon that high. Truth be told I like Falk and a pre-injury Russell over him.Not as Top 10 picks but just in general. I think there are only two Top 10 QB's this class. After that it turns into late 1st's that you trade back into the round to get and 2nd and 3rd rounders.

I think it depends on what you want to do with the 2nd tier of guys.

Brad Kaaya, accurate game manager that can run the pro style.

Davis Webb, huge upside physically but is going to need a ton of work, but to me he could be a top 10 QB based on physical skills.

Luke Falk, accurate west coast timing guy like Alex Smith but who will go deep a little more.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My guess is they like Kaaya because he has really good intelligence and intangibles and he will manage the game without making mistakes. He has the upside to make plays, but his hallmark will be safety.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My guess is they like Kaaya because he has really good intelligence and intangibles and he will manage the game without making mistakes. He has the upside to make plays, but his hallmark will be safety.

I might be a bit down on Kaaya because I've watched him Watson and Kizer the most and he's clearly the 3rd horse in that race for me so I might be dumping him down my board a bit much because he's not comparing to two Top 10 guys.

Something keeps bringing me back to JT Barrett though. I don't know why, he doesn't wow you physically, but he's got enough physical talent, his team believes in him, he's uber productive, and he's a winner.

Maybe Barrett is the "double down" guy you take in the 4th or 5th after you take a QB high in the draft?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The most likely scenario is he stays in college and comes out in 2017 is my thinking.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Watson and Kizer have clearly established themselves as the Top 2 choices. Kizer's accuracy issues as of recent are a bit troubling but the main culprit there is footwork. That's correctable. The rest of the tool and make up is there. Kaaya to me was always a Teddy Bridgewater type prospect and that seems to be holding.

Don't know about Watson. His 13 INTs are alarming. Imagine we just get over Cutler, and have another turnover machine under center. :p Watson had 13 INTs in 15 games last season, this season he's got 13 INTs in 10 games. Mehhhhh...

Kizer still intrigues me, but it looks like he's going to take a few years to fix. Which... the Bears have years, because we're gonna suck for a few more!

What about Trubisky!?

There is no clear winner QB in this upcoming draft imo. A few with potential. And a few scary ones that the media hype a bit. All I know is, Pace better pull the fucking trigger on one of them.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have no problem with taking him at 4 if he is the guy.

But part of the appeal to taking him is if you can get him later and do not need to take as much risk. If I can have Jonathan Allen and Brad Kaaya I want to explore that option thoroughly.

I also think part of it is the upside with Kaaya might not be what it is with those other guys. Which is fine if he wants to come in and be like Alex Smith and manage things, but hard to take a true manager at 4.

Ideally sure, I just feel like with a lot of the better QBs, the ones projected to go in the 2nd round are often "overdrafted" in round 1, and if they identity the QB they want (regardless of which one it is, assuming it's one of the consensus top 5-ish guys), I don't like the idea of taking a defensive player and then hoping the QB you want falls. Even with trading up, someone else might want to trade up more.

I just think that if they do identify a particular QB they really like, and think he can be the future, I want them to do whatever it takes to get him, even if it means taking them a bit earlier than they're projected on the experts' big board.

Carr didn't go 1st round because his brother was a bust.

Kaaya is more of a project and I am not sure his ceiling is enormous. Maybe he maxes out at an Andy Dalton, but that would be fie with me as long as I didn't take him in the top 10.

See this is the line of thinking I don't get. If you have Andy Dalton mk2, you have Andy Dalton mk2. What does it matter where you took him? If you have a capable starter for the next several years, great. Would be nice if he was better than Dalton, but if he's in that ballpark, so be it. Why does it matter if you took him at 5 or 15? All I care about is whether he pans out or not.

After a couple of years, whether I'm happy with him or not is not going to be based whatsoever on whether he was taken inside the top 10 or out. It's going to be 100% based on how good he is.

Last edited:

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be very happy if we drafted Peppers and then traded up in the late first to get Falk or Kaaya. I would say that is a win.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know about Watson. His 13 INTs are alarming. Imagine we just get over Cutler, and have another turnover machine under center. :p Watson had 13 INTs in 15 games last season, this season he's got 13 INTs in 10 games. Mehhhhh...

Kizer still intrigues me, but it looks like he's going to take a few years to fix. Which... the Bears have years, because we're gonna suck for a few more!

What about Trubisky!?

There is no clear winner QB in this upcoming draft imo. A few with potential. And a few scary ones that the media hype a bit. All I know is, Pace better pull the fucking trigger on one of them.

The worst part about Watson's ints this year is they are freshman like mistakes. He has been getting baited into throwing picks.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Top 10

Kizer
Watson
Trubisky

1st Round [Trade down or trade up]

Kaaya
Webb
Falk

Mahones is a massive wild card for me still.

Watson is hot trash. I could live with either of the other two. If I've learned one thing it's your cart teach accuracy and Watson is all over the damn place.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kaaya looked like something as a freshman.

The other issue is the last person of his ethnicity (they don't like you to say it) drafted by the Bears in the first round did not work out too well, and the one we drafted in the 7th round at WR is still on the practice squad.
Who is they and what do you mean exactly?!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Draft Garrett,trade up to draft Kaaya and get Tony Romo to start next year..

Drops mic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Draft Garrett,trade up to draft Kaaya and get Tony Romo to start next year..

Drops mic

I would take Peppers over Garrett personally, but either way that would be a good plan. <3

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Look at the Raiders right now with Carr. I believe they could justify using the number 1 pick in that draft on him if they had done that.

And if they did they wouldn't have Khalil Mack. Sure if Kaaya is a franchise QB and the Bears take him high 1st, that would be great value. But if nobody else was going to take him in the top 50, you could get another really good player and Kaaya.

The only thing better than getting a Tom Brady in the 6th round is getting 5 good picks before getting Brady in the 6th.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I would take Peppers over Garrett personally, but either way that would be a good plan. <3

Tony is officially done in Dallas so it's completely plausible.Got to love the eastern Illinois connection...the tea leaves,man.....the tea leaves

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tony is officially done in Dallas so it's completely plausible.Got to love the eastern Illinois connection...the tea leaves,man.....the tea leaves

Oh boy..oh boy..let's make it happen. If Romo gets injured, throw the young QB out there.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Getting tunnel vision on drafting a QB with your first round pick regardless of the talent/value of a player can cripple a franchise for multiple seasons. I have no problem with drafting a QB every year if there is good value as you get the highest return for trading QBS, but only if there is value in the pick. It's not like we are a QB away from a SB.

If we can get an all pro talent at another position in the first and no QB grades out that high, we HAVE to draft the best value. First priority for this draft is walking away with an impact talent with our 1st round pick regardless of position. Our front seven will he top 5 in the league next year if that unit can stay healthy, so I'm starting to like Peppers more and more. We are two big upgrades in the secondary from being a top D.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Here is what I think about Brad Kaaya

Positives

-Physically he is a lot like Matt Ryan. Similar builds, similar solid to above average arm talent, limited mobility and must be able to slide in the pocket.

-He can make the throws you need to make and is a pretty accurate player.

-You do not need to take him in the top 10. That mitigates some risk, allows you to take a top 5 defensive talent and come back and get the QB.

Negatives

-Struggles against pressure, but difficult to assess because he has been destroyed behind the Miami OL.

-Not very athletic

The thing that we do not know is about Kaaya's intelligence and his intangibles. My guess with Ryan Pace's love affair with Drew Brees is that those will factor into the decision a lot.

But the thing is with any QB that any of these teams see as having the talent to be a NFL QB is that if you do pass on him with your 1st pick then are you prepared to take the chance of losing him to a team that will always take a chance on a QB in the mid to late 1st round? So it would be great to get a player that will be a instant starter on defense but if you lose the QB you're targeting because of it then you'll either have to settle for another one or wait another year to get your next QB.