Brandon Marshall Ommits Jay Cutler from list of best teammates

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I wonder if there is any current or former NFL player that WOULD put Jay on their list of top teammates.

*what I'm saying is bullshit*

I know for a fact that the team loves Cutler. K Long is the biggest fan boy of all_ of course it means he just likes any qb on team.

From the person I know who's good friends with someone on the Bears staff and went to the Bears gala.. word for word when I asked he said "anyone who thinks that team doesn't like Jay is a fucking moron. They love the guy."

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
But quality at the non-QB skill positions really doesn't correlate with championship success.

Larry Fitz, Megatron, Marshall, AJ Green, Moss, Andre Johnson, Boldin, Steve Smith, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham, Witten, Adrian Peterson, Shady McCoy, Tomlinson, Forte, Arian Foster, MJD, Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice, Priest Holmes .....

The leading players at the skill positions over the last ten years or so have a severe dearth of rings. A great QB and/or defense is a bigger indicator of success. Just saying, by the numbers, Marshall isn't an outlier, he's actually the norm.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It wasn't until recently that the streak of number one game breaking receivers getting into the playoffs was broken. The top-10 receivers from the last decade have shit for playoff success they've been horrible. This was why before we landed Marshall the clamoring for a number one receiver by Bears fans as an absolute necessity was completely overblown.

The success has and will always come down to who is behind center, PERIOD.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
are you saying we had to land marshall because we landed cutler? like no gm before you ever considered a good qb and a good wr go together? my lord, you should get paid for writing truisms.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can't imagine how painful the offseason must be for someone whose wife only pays him for newsworthy NFL articles

Mitchapalooza

Logan Square at midnight. Fist fight brawl. You pussies better show up.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
oh, I see. what if mrs rex grossman kicks your ass?

DaRev

Liked Posts:
Brandon always tried to be the leader of the Bears. We all know that he didn't seem to have been the leader that he wanted to be, but nevertheless he always tried. Good leaders stick up for his/her teammates. Brandon stuck up for Jay in an attempt to be the leader, but let's be honest, I don't know if there if anyone likes playing with Jay

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love how everybody jumps on Marshall about being a prima donna... the same as 99.9% of all WRs out there.
The only problem with marshall on the bears was that people gave him a platform and encouraged his BS.

I am by no means a Lovie loyalist... But I would be willing to bet that Marshall would have been MUUUUUCH quieter If Lovie was in charge.

The bears brass and the players themselves should have marginalized his outbursts rather than lionized them.
Arf
cool-dog-trailer-ideas.jpg
Because Mr Petulent responds so positively to discipline? I do think Lovie would have been willing to sacrifice one player for the betterment of a team so it would have been better but perhaps at Marshall's expense which would also affect his contribution. It's impossible to argue that Marshall isn't difficult.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But what does that have to do with living up to his talent? The guy has missed the pro bowl once during an injured season. I am not a soap opera fan and couldn't give a fuck about players' personalities. Most of the players are likely megalomaniacal choads

I'm not that vested here but I took it to mean that all that talent lets down a team when you can't use it because he's worn out his welcome or it affects the overall performance of that team.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
It wasn't until recently that the streak of number one game breaking receivers getting into the playoffs was broken. The top-10 receivers from the last decade have shit for playoff success they've been horrible. This was why before we landed Marshall the clamoring for a number one receiver by Bears fans as an absolute necessity was completely overblown.

The success has and will always come down to who is behind center, PERIOD.

So it's Forte's fault?

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
The Bears play the Dolphins on August 13th.

Hot off the press.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brandon always tried to be the leader of the Bears. We all know that he didn't seem to have been the leader that he wanted to be, but nevertheless he always tried. Good leaders stick up for his/her teammates. Brandon stuck up for Jay in an attempt to be the leader, but let's be honest, I don't know if there if anyone likes playing with Jay

I agree. Marshall tried his best in every game that he played. You can't say that about many of the guys on that team last year. that team quit and when Marshall and a couple others tried to wake them up, he pissed them off. That team quit on their coaching staff and that is inexcusable to me. Cutler and Allen were the poster children for the quitters. Two guys that should have been positive leaders and role models for the younger players, did the opposite. The fact that these two stiffs were so highly paid, made things even worse.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Arf
Because Mr Petulent responds so positively to discipline? I do think Lovie would have been willing to sacrifice one player for the betterment of a team so it would have been better but perhaps at Marshall's expense which would also affect his contribution. It's impossible to argue that Marshall isn't difficult.

Marshall is undoubtedly difficult. who gives a damn?
Given Lovies pretty firm grasp on the way the team presented themselves to the media, one could assume that there would have been less Marshall-centric press conferences.

Shit spirals out of control- We saw that with Trestman. Marshall was allowed to make his own choices and present himself however he chose with little or no ramifications as far as we could see- Which likely led to a whole mess of personality conflicts.

Marshall is an ego centric douche. Like Sherman. Like Revis. Like Owens. Handling them is likely a bitch, but it can be done. Unfortunately in marshalls case, the inmate was allowed free reign of the asylum, and the results of that are more the coaches fault for not keeping his ass in check than it was marshalls fault for being marshall.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
*what I'm saying is bullshit*

I know for a fact that the team loves Cutler. K Long is the biggest fan boy of all_ of course it means he just likes any qb on team.

From the person I know who's good friends with someone on the Bears staff and went to the Bears gala.. word for word when I asked he said "anyone who thinks that team doesn't like Jay is a fucking moron. They love the guy."

well if that's true ...no no wonder we're a loser

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I eagerly await your indictment of brandon mashall for not giving geno smith enough credit.

Hey golden gurls If geno can't 'UP' his game ......then he'll be gone like jay should be.......:smh:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
are you saying we had to land marshall because we landed cutler? like no gm before you ever considered a good qb and a good wr go together? my lord, you should get paid for writing truisms.

we never had a "good qb"