Brandon Marshall tried to fight teamates in locker room at halftime of Pats blow out

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know I know.....but why not another Brandon Marshall update thread for all those that still think the Bears were idiots for letting this nut job go.

Brandon Marshall - WR - Jets
Brandon Marshall reportedly created a "raucous locker room" with a halftime rant during Saturday's loss to the Patriots.

Team sources told ESPN New York the halftime rant was "fiery" and "irked some teammates." Jets SS Calvin Pryor suggested Marshall was trying to fight teammates. "When we're getting blown out at halftime, there's no reason to be fighting amongst each other," said Pryor. "Sometimes, how you feel can be saved for another time." Jets DE Sheldon Richardson called Marshall's halftime behavior "embarrassing." Marshall has routinely worn out his welcome with previous teams and could be doing the same in New York. Turning 33 in March, Marshall is owed a $7.5 million base salary in 2017.

Source: ESPN New York

As Jets were getting blown out, Brandon Marshall blew up

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 29, 2016, 6:12 AM EST

ORCHARD PARK, NY - JANUARY 03: Brandon Marshall #15 of the New York Jets celebrates a touchdown catch against the Buffalo Bills during the first half at Ralph Wilson Stadium on January 3, 2016 in Orchard Park, New York. (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)
Getty Images

After the Jets’ 41-3 loss to the Patriots on Saturday, defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson said receiver Brandon Marshall should be embarrassed. Now we know why.

Marshall ranted at his teammates while they were losing 27-0 in the halftime locker room, according to ESPN, and not all his teammates liked it.

“When we’re getting blown out at halftime, there’s no reason to be fighting amongst each other,” Jets safety Calvin Pryor said. “I think that’s why guys were upset, because we needed to be fighting against the Patriots, instead of the Jets.”

Marshall said he was just trying to fire up his teammates.

“We were getting our butts kicked, and I was trying to get guys to respond, but not everyone responds to certain things the same way,” Marshall said.

On the field, the Jets look like they’ve quit in the last few weeks. So it may be a good thing that Marshall still cared enough to rant at his teammates. But not all of them appreciated it.

Omar

Liked Posts:
But, I thought Marshall couldn't do anything wrong. And, that whoever thinks he is a nutcase is automatically a Cutler supporter.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sounds like Brandon interrupted their halftime twitter time with his pleas for them to give a shit. Poor fellas.

Reactions: 1ke

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But, I thought Marshall couldn't do anything wrong. And, that whoever thinks he is a nutcase is automatically a Cutler supporter.

You seem bitter Omarado34

Reactions: BNB

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only man to ever make Jay Cutler look sympathetic . . .

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not shocked.

By the end of year 2 people are sick of him at every stop.

I am happy with Cam Meredith.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not shocked.

By the end of year 2 people are sick of him at every stop.

I am happy with Cam Meredith.

If you don't cut Josh Bellamy in every mock for the rest of the offseason....

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
His wife is thankful he's learned how to fight men . . .

After she stabbed him he probably learned his lesson.

It's good to see he's cured from that personality disorder. It's obvious that two weeks of therapy did wonders for him.

cd35

Liked Posts:
He's got the FIRE

Bears should pick him up for next year. It will prob be for free. Hell they might get something extra for taking him back.

Jay and Brandon part III next year. Guaranteed Superbowl

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His wife is thankful he's learned how to fight men . . .

Does not appear he has, he just yells at people it would seem.

It's just no one wants to KO the semi-Special person kid on the team.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wonder if he'll talk about this in his Inside the NFL show. Probably not until after the Jets cut him this offseason.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well at least he didn't break anyone's jaw like Olin Kreutz did to his teammate.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not at all. I think he's a nut case and a king size narcissist.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Brandon interrupted their halftime twitter time with his pleas for them to give a shit. Poor fellas.

Right there with you brother. He is such a good leader. Really fires em up. He should be a coach. The other players always have so much respect for him no matter what team he is on.

He always cares, and none of these other clowns do. It's all paychecks for them, but not Brandon, and he's going to do everything he can to show them that his way is better.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Right there with you brother. He is such a good leader. Really fires em up. He should be a coach. The other players always have so much respect for him no matter what team he is on.

He always cares, and none of these other clowns do. It's all paychecks for them, but not Brandon, and he's going to do everything he can to show them that his way is better.

Can't even tell if this is serious or a troll job.

10/10 brother.