Brandon Marshall vs. Alshon Jeffries: Who will have better numbers?

Who will have better numbers?

• Total voters

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm pretty sure the thread is about who will have the better numbers this year...

Marshall of course will have the better numbers. That can't be argued. Will the Jets make the playoffs with Marshall on the roster this year is a more interesting deal right now. No way can Jeffery catch Marshall now. Missed too many games.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Marshall of course will have the better numbers. That can't be argued. Will the Jets make the playoffs with Marshall on the roster this year is a more interesting deal right now. No way can Jeffery catch Marshall now. Missed too many games.

Yeah, I'm sure having games with 3 catches and 23 yards is a sure fire way to keep his numbers ahead of Jeffery's...

And you may be the only one in here that really cares if the Jets make the playoffs with Marshall.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I'm sure having games with 3 catches and 23 yards is a sure fire way to keep his numbers ahead of Jeffery's...

You know Jeffery may not play this week due to injury? Marshall still has 4 more TDs atm

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
You know Jeffery may not play this week due to injury? Marshall still has 4 more TDs atm
Given his history of pussy footing with slight injuries.... He'll find a way to sit out. The reason a lot of people are upset, is that trade pretty much handcuffed the Bears to Jeffrey. It allows him to half ass it at times, quit on routes that cause interceptions, be lazy for periods of the game, and generally leave the Bears hanging at times with no one better on the roster to look to. It would be like working at a sprocket company that has two people capable of making sprockets, firing one for shits and giggles, and then being upset that production is down.

Basically, it could have been prevented. In the past, those lazy moments or bs injuries didn't hamper the offense because there was another good player at that position. Now, it's basically AJ, and a bunch of also rans. He knows this, and has the Bears needing him more than he needs them.

Newblood

Liked Posts:

And? How is it that somehow in your mind you believe that the numbers that Marshall put up last night put Alshon into a position that he must play this week? I mean, if it wasn't for Marshall's TD, then his numbers are barely better than if he sat out this week himself.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Given his history of pussy footing with slight injuries.... He'll find a way to sit out. The reason a lot of people are upset, is that trade pretty much handcuffed the Bears to Jeffrey. It allows him to half ass it at times, quit on routes that cause interceptions, be lazy for periods of the game, and generally leave the Bears hanging at times with no one better on the roster to look to. It would be like working at a sprocket company that has two people capable of making sprockets, firing one for shits and giggles, and then being upset that production is down.

Basically, it could have been prevented. In the past, those lazy moments or bs injuries didn't hamper the offense because there was another good player at that position. Now, it's basically AJ, and a bunch of also rans. He knows this, and has the Bears needing him more than he needs them.

Yeah, there is no pressure on Alshon to perform and try at all. It's not like this is a contract year and that the Bears just used their 1st round pick on a WR that could potentially take over the #1 WR role.

Your logic is well founded and thought out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3 catches for 23 yards and a long of 14. Yeah, he set the world on fire tonight.

Did he have any drops or create a pick? Kinda joking here as we all know he can play but to dump on any WR vs Marshal because of drops is moronic and shows an inability to reason.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll just say this. With Marshall on this 2015 team, they would be easily 5-3 not 3-5. We'd have the best two-some of receivers in the entire league.

Buberwin

Liked Posts:
Your honestly going to blame BM for a INT that was thrown into double coverage that he went up and tried to make a play on? Did you watch any of the game and how horrible Fitz was with his accuracy? They helped BM off the field with a injury last night and he was back in the next series, he's Tough, AJ needs to add some of that toughness to his game because like I said before he's a Pussy!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

White was supposed to be that guy, now it remains to be seen if he is capable of it or not, but it isn't like they let BM go and didn't have a plan to replace him with someone younger that has potential to be as good.

Obviously with the injury things have not worked out that way, such as life in a normal day in the NFL. Have to move on with what we got.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Your honestly going to blame BM for a INT that was thrown into double coverage that he went up and tried to make a play on? Did you watch any of the game and how horrible Fitz was with his accuracy? They helped BM off the field with a injury last night and he was back in the next series, he's Tough, AJ needs to add some of that toughness to his game because like I said before he's a Pussy!

I can't remember the last game that Marshall didn't have an "injury" during a game. Every week he as one of those, oh damn I'm injured, oh wait, nevermind I'm fine, moments. You had no problem blaming INTs/Incomplete passes on Alshon and totally absolving the QB, so nice double standard.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:

Not that I'm not frustrated with not seeing Jeffrey on the field as much as I want, I don't get this talking in absolutes that so many people like to do. The guys been on the field for like all of 5 games without BM. How does he have a history of being a pussy? He has a slight injury history but for soft tissue injuries he's only really missed like 6 games total over 3 years. Not as catastrophic as some people are making it sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buberwin

Liked Posts:
AJ dropped 2 if not 3 passes last game that CLEARLY should have been caught, go back and watch the tape, its clear you didn't watch it live, or you would know you have no argument! 2 for sure drive alive passes he plain ass dropped. This is my last comment, go prove me wrong AJ, prove you aren't the Pussy I and thousands of other bear fans feel you are, Go earn your $ and a new contract!

Newblood

Liked Posts:
AJ dropped 2 if not 3 passes last game that CLEARLY should have been caught, go back and watch the tape, its clear you didn't watch it live, or you would know you have no argument! 2 for sure drive alive passes he plain ass dropped. This is my last comment, go prove me wrong AJ, prove you aren't the Pussy I and thousands of other bear fans feel you are, Go earn your $ and a new contract!

Ahh yes, once again with the double standard. Thank God for your argument that Marshall RARELY drops passes. Am I right?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

yea, just keep on keeping that post count to a minimum.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still think the Bears would still be 3-5 right now. Fox and Gase played too conservatively on Detroit game and McManis played. Minnesota game McManis came in when Callahan got hurt. Defense let down both times. Defense must make stops especially in crucial times. Plus Gould missed FG against MN.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What if Marshall was on the Bears in 2015

Brandon Marshall has yet to be injured, unlike often injured Alshon Jefferies. You plug his raw stats from 2015 (62 catches 800 yards and 7 TDs) into this bears offense and this is what it looks like...

For the sake of argument, we'll remove Welsons stats (464 yards and 1 TD) for Marshalls, as him and Marshall would have played the same position. Cutlers adjusted stats would be 2846 yds with 20 TDs to 6 INTs. Man, Cutler would be super balling!

That'd be AT LEAST 1-2 more wins. Would really help in this playoff race.

Mitchapalooza

definitely a few more wins. prob vikings broncos and lions gamesz.