Brandon Smith ILB PENN STATE

Liked Posts:
First off, bro, just looking at your posts here, I can see you know your shit. Don't let dudes get you down. This MB has guys who just one note what they read on twitter or something. They only seem to know the consensus and want to die on that hill. Don't feed them. Make a good point, and dudes like me and Rawdawg will be like, yup. Gotcha.

Now, Indi is known to double up on LB in their drafts and use premium picks on them. Due to Smiths real lack of coverage skills and that he appears to be a run thumper, he may actually fall to one of our 5ths. If we can get Chenal in the 3rd and come back and grab Smith with a 5th, and still have Roquan? Holy shit.

We would have the most amazing blitz package in the fucking world. Smith at the SAM, but filling in on a wider zone to cover Chenal's bltizes terrorizing the O. Talk about force multiplication.

So, I fully agree with you and get where you're coming from. You're right enough that, for what it's worth, I may begin to adapt my future mocks to take into account Smith with the 5th, or, if we're able to trade for it, our second 3rd or 4th.

Finally, I fully agree with you that we will address O in FA, especially OL. I don't get why people are like we need to draft a lot of O high for our line. I'm like, you want more than 1 rookie on our OL? Are you fucking crazy? People want a rookie C to start? That's insane. So, yeah. Sorry for the quick digression, but I really like the idea of SAM Smith, MUG Chenal, and WILL Roquan. Holy shit.
Thing is that I dont mind people disagreeing with me at all. I dont expect a complete circle jerk with other posters over the ideas I have.

It when someones approach is rude or condescending I have no problem going full shit storm with them.

Being that we have a young QB I think that it would be very wise to sign the best available free agent VET OT to protect Fields blindside to help smooth his transition.

I dont want a young OT getting the QB killed. If the Bears can create the cap space they should go all in for Armstead. Let Jenkins get his feet steady for 3-4 years at RT. If all goes well after a potential free agent OTs contract is up, slide Jenkins over to LT if possible.

I DO want to see Poles draft a BIG road grading CENTER who has the size and power to harness all of these HUGE NTs around the league. If there is a Travis Frederick type in this draft we need to be all over that fucker on draft day.

Im sick of the Bears trying to stick all of these God damn ankle biters at the CENTER position. I want a fkn Behemoth at the CENTER position.

As said Poles will adress the offense. But these posters who anually hope for a lopsided offseason to one side of the ball, never learn from history.

greg23

Liked Posts:
So...not one, but two of our five picks on linebacker?

Perfect.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well if he is a project that would be the perfect Bears pick right? Then they can fuck him up at a leisurely pace.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Thing is that I dont mind people disagreeing with me at all. I dont expect a complete circle jerk with other posters over the ideas I have.

It when someones approach is rude or condescending I have no problem going full shit storm with them.

Being that we have a young QB I think that it would be very wise to sign the best available free agent VET OT to protect Fields blindside to help smooth his transition.

I dont want a young OT getting the QB killed. If the Bears can create the cap space they should go all in for Armstead. Let Jenkins get his feet steady for 3-4 years at RT. If all goes well after a potential free agent OTs contract is up, slide Jenkins over to LT if possible.

I DO want to see Poles draft a BIG road grading CENTER who has the size and power to harness all of these HUGE NTs around the league. If there is a Travis Frederick type in this draft we need to be all over that fucker on draft day.

Im sick of the Bears trying to stick all of these God damn ankle biters at the CENTER position. I want a fkn Behemoth at the CENTER position.

As said Poles will adress the offense. But these posters who anually hope for a lopsided offseason to one side of the ball, never learn from history.
I hear what you want at C. It was the profile that I began with when I started my evaluations and prognostications for this year. Again, take it with a grain of salt, because it's just my opinion and analysis, but, after looking at what type of Oline Shanahan and GB uses and today's presser with Poles, I'm thinking they're going to be really going for the zone-style OL guys, leaner and more athletic.

So, though I'd like a C about 6'3 and 340, preferring them shorter and squat, it seems like Lindstrom would be the type of C we are going to draft. A quick look at Brian Allen shows the type.

So, you're not wrong in what you want, and it's what I wanted, but I just don't know if that's the type they want in their new O.

Liked Posts:
I hear what you want at C. It was the profile that I began with when I started my evaluations and prognostications for this year. Again, take it with a grain of salt, because it's just my opinion and analysis, but, after looking at what type of Oline Shanahan and GB uses and today's presser with Poles, I'm thinking they're going to be really going for the zone-style OL guys, leaner and more athletic.

So, though I'd like a C about 6'3 and 340, preferring them shorter and squat, it seems like Lindstrom would be the type of C we are going to draft. A quick look at Brian Allen shows the type.

So, you're not wrong in what you want, and it's what I wanted, but I just don't know if that's the type they want in their new O.
Depends on what you want to do. Ive always preferred mixing it up with my OTs and Center manning it up while sending both Guards up the field in the run game. While switching it up depending on the play call.

The bigger lineman on BOTH sides of the ball ARE recently getting faster and more agile. You can actually find reports now on how the bigger NOSE TACKLES from the collegiate level are more and more developing the quick twitch first step of the smaller 3 TECHNIQUES.

That is crazy but it IS occurring. We will need a force at the CENTER position to deal with theses hybrid NTs all over the league.

Give me 6'3 and 340 all day.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Depends on what you want to do. Ive always preferred mixing it up with my OTs and Center manning it up while sending both Guards up the field in the run game. While switching it up depending on the play call.

The bigger lineman on BOTH sides of the ball ARE recently getting faster and more agile. You can actually find reports now on how the bigger NOSE TACKLES from the collegiate level are more and more developing the quick twitch first step of the smaller 3 TECHNIQUES.

That is crazy but it IS occurring. We will need a force at the CENTER position to deal with theses hybrid NTs all over the league.

Give me 6'3 and 340 all day.

Really, at this point, while I get what Poles wants ideally, the fact is, I see the Bears having a RB room (Montgomery/Herbert/Cohen) and a not-horrible TE room (Kmet/James/Horstead) that they should build the offense around, with Fields as kind of a supporting player as they develop him. Any plan that doesn't build on this for the short term isn't realistic, IMO. Restructuring Whitehair is step one.

On the defense, if they restructure Mack, Goldman, and Jackson, they can bring back Hicks and Nichols for a DT rotation with Goldman. Bring back Burns as one option at CB2 and Ogletree as a veteran LB.

Then, if the draft goes like my mock, some real options open up:

In the draft, I looked for O-Line help and got it in Faalele and Mays. Faalele would be the biggest guy on the field, and for run-blocking, that could help. Mays has played all over the O-Line and is 325 pounds per UT (Cade Mays - Football - University of Tennessee Athletics) and I think he could even be a way to push Mustiphar at center. Mays is 6'6", but I like everything else about him.

I end up with Ruckert, Fields's TE at Ohio State and Jelani Woods to bolster the TE room. The former gives Fields a familiar target, and the latter is a freak at 6'7", 275 pounds.

I get a couple of WRs in Jalen Tolbert and Slade Bolden. The former's a deep threat who can stretch the field and make playaction a real threat. The latter is a good-hands, good-routes WR who might be a poor man's A-Rob.

On defense, I get CB Kyler Gordon, LB Brandon Smith, and Leo Chenal, a CB2 and two young LBs. I'll take QB/LB Jack Colletto as a UDFA, and develop him at FB.

For free agency, my big target might be Quandre Diggs. He takes strong safety, Eddie Jackson goes back to free safety, and the Bears can go with a 55-man like this:

QB: Fields, Mariota (FA)
RB: Montgomery, Herbert, Cohen
FB: Colletto (R)
WR: Mooney, Smith-Shuster (FA), Grant, Tolbert (R), Bolden (R), Newsome
TE: Kmet, Ruckert (R), Horstead, Woods (R)
LT: Borom, Jenkins, Mays (R)
LG: Whitehair, Bars, Mays (R)
C: Mustiphar, Wright, Mays (R)
RG: Daniels, Bars, Mays (R)
RT: Faalele (R), Jenkins, Mays (R)

LDE: Gipson, Edwards, Snowden
LDT: Nichols, Goldman, Tonga
RDT: Hicks, Goldman, Blackson
RDE: Mack, Irvin, Snowden
WLB: R. Smith, Dawkins, Thomas (FA)
MLB: Ogletree, C. Johnson, B. Smith (R)
SLB: Thomas (FA), Chanel (R), L. Mack
CB1: J. Johnson, T. Graham, Vildor
CB2: Gordon (R), Burns, Vildor
SS: Diggs (FA), Bush, Houston-Carlson
FS: E. Jackson, Bush, Houston-Carlson

K: Santos
P: Winslow
LS: Brinkley

KR: Herbert, Cohen, Grant
PR: Cohen, Grant, Newsome

That roster could sneak up on people in 2022.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

You are completely right with needing a stout Center.

At about the 14 minute mark, he explains why the Center I favored from LA, is the wrong center.

Liked Posts:
You are completely right with needing a stout Center.

At about the 14 minute mark, he explains why the Center I favored from LA, is the wrong center.
Would still be better than Mustipher?

Its bothered me since Kreutz retired that it has appeared that the Bears havent taken the CENTER position seriously. There are numbers of people under the misconception that you should stick your weakest OLINEMAN at the CENTER position.

IMO thats a bunch of horseshit. If there were ever an order of importance left tackle is #1 and CENTER is #2. Its really not that difficult. If the Center is burned or blown into the backfield, the whole line falls apart from the inside out like water through a paper funnel.

The one thing that QBs in this league hate more than left tackles who cant tie their own shoes is A GAP & INSIDE B GAP pressure. It drives them BAT SHIT CRAZY.

I like BOTH guards coming out of LSU. Id love to see either one of them brought on board to learn the CENTER position.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Would still be better than Mustipher?

Its bothered me since Kreutz retired that it has appeared that the Bears havent taken the CENTER position seriously. There are numbers of people under the misconception that you should stick your weakest OLINEMAN at the CENTER position.

IMO thats a bunch of horseshit. If there were ever an order of importance left tackle is #1 and CENTER is #2. Its really not that difficult. If the Center is burned or blown into the backfield, the whole line falls apart from the inside out like water through a paper funnel.

The one thing that QBs in this league hate more than left tackles who cant tie their own shoes is A GAP & INSIDE B GAP pressure. It drives them BAT SHIT CRAZY.

I like BOTH guards coming out of LSU. Id love to see either one of them brought on board to learn the CENTER position.
When you’re right, you’re right. I’ve been looking at lighter, more athletic Centers, like the kid out of UConn, but, now, I’m going to keep the 6’3” 340 as my base bench mark.

I’ve always viewed the line as you. I see it as the G should be mobile units that pull and hit where you need them with the T being stout but able to shift. The C can’t be pushed back and must be a powerful presence, not a light and quick piece to get invoked in multi-tier quick hit blocking.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Poles said he wants quicker, lighter olinemen.. I don’t think bigger stouter, lineman are his or Flus’ preference..

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
I could see them possibly drafting Chenal now since he ran in the 4.5s, but Muma and Anderson probably make more sense.
Also a lot of the LB's ran 4.5's last night so now just get the one with production as well as athleticism...

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
BTW hes already a 4-3 ILB who proven his salt at all three of the MIKE, WILL, & SAM LB positions, that would be heading to a defense that needs a 4-3 inside LB.

Thats anything but a project, you fucking TOOL.
I like TOOL.

Good band.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oh shut the fuck up...........

Now go be a squat to piss cunted cunt somewhere else.
2Q5F.gif

got any more of that....lmao.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Hicks is gone and showing his age via lack of durability but he could easily play the 3 tech if right.