BREAKING: Braun, A-Rod et al. to be Suspended (ROIDS)

Willrust

Liked Posts:
How about instead of a competitive balance pick in the draft, low market/low rev teams get juice their players.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd probably prefer if the entire team outside of probably Shark and Garza got suspended for the rest of the year like it looks like A-Rod and Braun will.

But honestly I could care less if the players want to juice. I say let em take anything and everything they want to improve performance until their onions shrivel to raisins.

[video]http://www.hulu.com/watch/4090[/video]

Yes, and no at the same time, I think it's blown out of proportion, and some things shouldn't be banned etc. but some things should be, the one thing I do hate about baseball is how they are trying to pass over the steroid era the way they are. If you put up the numbers you should get in. Same with the first ballot bs. If you deserve it you get in on the first try there is no difference.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still stick to this. MLB is so hounded by roids but the NFL and NBA get a pass. 1. Do not tell me the NFL does not have juice running through 90% of the players. It is not natural to be a 6'5 280 pound guy running a 4.6 40 and bench pressing 225 30 plus times. 2. NBA players get no flack and I guarantee they take them. Steroids would help with everything in basketball. Melo gained like 30 pounds of muscle in an off season one time. 3. If you tell a guy, hey, you can millions if you take this or you be a AAAA player if you dont. What are they going to choose? The difference between a long fly out and home is small and extra strength helps it tremendously. Where I live. Steroids is a culture. I have never taken them because I have always been a bigger dude and never needed them to gain size. But, I have about 90 percent of my friends that have done it or still do it. I know a lot of college athletes and some pro's that I have I know have done it. I feel like human nature is going to make you choose whatever makes you the most money. Poor people are going to choose it everytime.

Last thing, people can get mad at me or whatever but Mike Trout is a juice head. He has all the signs and I have seen it enough to say I fully believe he does it. I also always thought Braun before he ever got popped.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
*275 is what I meant and I have more erros in that post but Ive been drinking again and dont feel like fixing them. Ha

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
the one thing I do hate about baseball is how they are trying to pass over the steroid era the way they are.

It shouldn't be passed over.

Steroids saved baseball post lock out and the cancellation of the 1994 World Series.

The "Steroid Era" was one of the most interesting times in baseball history.

It was great watching Barry Bonds hit 73 HR's on about 75 decent pitches he saw all year.

It was great watching a late 30's early 40's Roger Clemens still dominate.

I say make them legal for professional sports. Let them do what they want.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Steroids saved baseball post lock out and the cancellation of the 1994 World Series.

It was great watching Barry Bonds hit 73 HR's on about 75 decent pitches he saw all year.

I don't know that I agree w/ your underlying thought here, but I will agree, Sosa/McGwire brought baseball back. :yep:

patg006

Liked Posts:

Inclined to agree here. Baseball was really fun to watch a decade-plus ago when home runs were flying onto Waveland and Sheffield daily. Now--were lucky to see non-basket home runs. Roids added pizzazz to baseball. Pitchers were still damn good, hitters were just too.

I know bonds hit roids, but one of the best cubs games I've ever been to was the 9-8 win over the giants were Bonds, in his first 2 at bats took Ted Lilly fastballs onto Sheffield. 752 and 753. The very first pitch of his 3rd at bat was foul by 4 feet. THat woulda been 754.

Then in the 7th--Will Oh-man came in and Bonds missed another one just foul.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Yeah! Could you imagine how exciting it would be to watch Darwin Barney plunk 7 HR's a season with the wind blowing out? :lmao:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Just another laughable witch hunt.

Steroids didn't make a baseball travel further. People need to learn what steroids actually do.

Tuggers

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just another laughable witch hunt.

Steroids didn't make a baseball travel further. People need to learn what steroids actually do.

Tuggers

I think a better argument would be "Steroids don't help you hit a round ball with a round bat..." but if you make solid contact....olawdy.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I think a better argument would be "Steroids don't help you hit a round ball with a round bat..." but if you make solid contact....olawdy.

Well, as somebody who actually dabbled in steroids, no matter what the media thinks steroids will do for you, if you don't have an elite level of skill, your not gonna suddenly turn into Barry Bonds taking them.

David Segui has now many MVP's on his fireplace? They will help you heal quicker, that I give them, but you are taking a huge concoction of mixed enhancers, many of which are illegal, if you think you can suddenly become some sub human player. Was that happening here is the obvious question, and if it was, those players doing it have more things to worry about other then a suspension.

Tuggers

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every major league player has elite skill or they wouldnt be major leaguers. Steroids doesn't help your plate discipline or your eye to hand coordination. But, it directly affects your bat speed which creates more home runs. It also allows you to muscle out more homers. Bonds was great before roids. He became super human after. Those double turned into homers. Also, steroids directly affect speed and jumping ability. Steroids does not make you an all pro athlete, but it can take a good athlete and make them great.

Greg Vaughn anyone?

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

As X said, not sure I agree completely with the underlying idea here, but baseball was saved, and it was definitely more fun to watch when there were 3 guys cranking out 50+ a year. They're HOFers whether they get voted in or not, MLB can't wipe it all under the rug and act like it never happened. We witnessed it, we spent money on it, and we cheered for it.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Bonds was great before roids. He became super human after.

For the prices being charged, I want to see super human. It is more interesting.

I want to see guys hitting 500 foot homeruns.

I don't want to see Darwin Barney muscling up to barely get the ball out of the infield.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Every major league player has elite skill or they wouldnt be major leaguers. Steroids doesn't help your plate discipline or your eye to hand coordination. But, it directly affects your bat speed which creates more home runs. It also allows you to muscle out more homers. Bonds was great before roids. He became super human after. Those double turned into homers. Also, steroids directly affect speed and jumping ability. Steroids does not make you an all pro athlete, but it can take a good athlete and make them great.

Greg Vaughn anyone?

http://steroids-and-baseball.com/actual-effects.shtml

Tuggers

kchicub08

Liked Posts:
Baseball records and historians cling to precious records like HR'S where in Football they really don't....

I mean almost all NFL players use most likely and no one cares.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
According to Teri Thomson, Bill Madden, Christian Red and Michael O'Keefe of the New York Daily News, Anthony Bosch, founder of the Biogenesis Clinic in South Florida, asked Alex Rodriguez of the Yankees for money before agreeing to assist MLB's ongoing investigation into the "PED pipeline" that traces back to Biogenesis. Bosch needed funds to mount a defense against MLB's once-pending lawsuit against him, but Rodriguez turned him down.

At that point, the Daily News reports, Bosch and MLB agreed to collaborate.

"They (MLB) were afraid someone else would pay him,” a source told the Daily News. “Bosch is the only guy that can provide them with what they need."

In exchange for his cooperation, MLB will reportedly be "dropping the lawsuit MLB filed against him earlier this year and paying his legal bills, indemnifying him for any civil liability that arises from his cooperation and providing him with personal security."

Additionally, MLB has reportedly assured Bosch that it will "intervene" on his behalf should criminal prosecution come his way.

Needless to say, any disciplinary action that comes out of this dubious collaboration would be quite vulnerable to appeal, as Bosch will be an easily discredited source of information.

As far as that information goes, a source tells the Daily News that Bosch has information on Rodriguez and Brewers slugger Ryan Braun. Curiously, though, the report claims that Bosch treated Braun during the latter's playing days at the University of Miami. If that's the extent of it, then the question is raised: How could MLB possibly pursue any kind of action against Braun based on what happened during his days as an amateur?

All of this continues to look like an overreach of bizarre proportions on the part of MLB.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/22357905/report-anthony-bosch-asked-a-rod-for-money-before-turning-to-mlb